Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:33:49 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Charm guide?  (Read 4168 times)
ndisgize

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

Is there a charm guide out there? I just started doing LDON and have found a few upgrades. Just wondering which charms go for which characters, stats, and how upgrades work. If anyone can point me in the direction for more info, that would be great!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:07:34 pm »

Wow! ok I will do your leg work for you....this is sad.  This is a guide from the quest/guides ection by Strix.

Hi All

Having done a number of UC’s on multiple characters, I thought I might lay down some information on the Ultimate Charm to give new players a starting point.  Hopefully others will share their strategies in reply to this give a fuller picture of the approaches you can take in tackling what seems to be the impossible.  In truth, from the outset this quest looks quite daunting and has been the end of many a good player. 

Best advice anyone can give – believe you can do it!!!

What is the Ultimate Charm?
As the name implies – it’s the best charm in the game.  The stats are as follows:
AC 300
Effect: Nexus Gate (Must equip.  Casting time 10.0)
Effect: Ultimate Worn Effect (Worn)
Focus Effect: Ultimate Focus Effect
STR +100 DEX +100 CHA +100 WIS +100 INT +100 AGI +100
HP +50000 Mana +50000 Endurance +5000
SV Fire +125 SV SV Disease +125 Cold +125 SV Magic +125 SV Poison +125
Attack +250
Regen +1500
Mana Regen +500
Endurance Regen +200
Shielding +30% Spell Shield +50% Avoidance +125
Accuracy +50 Stun Resist +100% Strikethrough +35%
DoT Shielding +50%
Haste 175%
Recommended lvl of 65.  Required lvl of 65

Basic Information
How do I make a UC?
You need to level all 4 charm types (Guardian, Sorcerer, Oracle and Brawler) to level 50 and then combine them in your magic box.

How do I make a charm?
Firstly you will need to purchase a v2 Noobie Charm from the Noobie Vendor in either Surefall or the Nexus.  Eventually you will need four of these (one for each charm type).  The v2 Noobie charm is about 10k.  Once you have a Charm Upgrade (of any sort) place it in your magic box with the v2 Noobie Charm and it will create your lvl 1 charm (ie.  Oracle Upgrade + Noobie v2 Charm = Oracle lvl 1 Charm).

Once you have a lvl 1 charm you simply combine the upgrade with the existing charm to get the next level (ie.  Oracle Charm lvl 1 + Oracle Upgrade = Oracle Charm lvl 2).

Where do I find these Charm Upgrades?
v1 Charm Upgrades are located in LDON.  These charms are used to level your charm to 25.  Levelling your charm from 25 – 50 requires you to go to a different zone.  See v2 information below).  The following should give a guide as to where you need to farm in LDON to get a charm upgrade type:

LDON level 2 = Brawler
LDON level 3 = Guardian
LDON level 4 = Oracle
LDON level 5 = Sorcerer
LDON level 6 = ALL Charm Types

*** Your best chance at getting a charm upgrade to drop is in LDON level 6 (see below for more info on this).

v2 Charm Upgrades are located in HoH (Halls of Honor).  All charm types can drop in any area of HoH.  Avatar of Heavens has the highest chance of dropping v2 charms.

So I want to go for a UC – who should I do first?
There is some debate about this but the general consensus is that you should do a Paladin first.  The benefit to your entire group is just too huge to ignore.  Yes, your main Tank is going to need the HPs on the UC eventually, but you need to keep them alive too.  A UC’d Pally is an amazing beast on this server. 

Best possible order =
Paladin
Cleric (or 1st if cleric is your only healer)
Warrior
SK (or 2nd if you’re using an SK as a main tank)

All other DPS classes (excluding Casters)
Casters last (although a UC’d Wizzie is awe inspiring)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 04:12:24 pm »

Easy answer? Yes, on the EZGUIDE Cheesy Can also find plenty of info in Xiggie's Bookmarks (listed in that thread as well, and in several posts here).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:14:25 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 10:06:36 am »

In addition to LDON and HoH charms can be obtained in TOFS.   TOFS is a bit more challenging but does offer some different scenery.

TOFS levels 1-2    V1 charms and Resist Augs 1
TOFS level 3  -  V1 and V2 charms and Resist Augs 2
TOFS level 4  -  V2 charms and Resist Augs 2
TOFS level 5 -  V2 charms and Resist Augs 3
TOFS Level 6   -  V2 charms If you need this guide then good luck
TOFS Level 7  -  V2 charms If you need this guide then good luck
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members