Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:59:42 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EQEmu Launcher!  (Read 18743 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:27:26 pm »

Seems Akkadius has made available a server login patch program for EQEmu that is easy and helpful.

http://moestaverne.com/downloads.html

There are 2 files available for download at version 1.71, seems the smaller one is "portable" or doesn't need to be installed, and the other is a regular install, either will work and basically do the same, so just choose which one you want, if you want to install it, or just have a folder for it as portable.

Personally, I had a graphic issue due to my graphic settings in Windows 7, but when running the EQEmu Launcher, it'll auto detect a new version 1.76 available. So just accept their new patch 1.76 when running 1.71 for first time and its all good.

During installation, only thing you really need to configure is in options pointing to your eqgame.exe and then the rest of the default choices should work well.

Got this in an email just now from Akkadius:

Also, the Launcher server moved DNS recently so some people might not see it as 'Up'

So far I've only tested this with EZ Server. This program is suppose to allow you to switch between servers and auto patch to that servers files, without having to do it manually for each server each time you switch servers. And when going back to a server again, if any of your files are out of date like the spell file then it'll auto update it.

During my test, I removed eqhost.txt, zone_chr.txt, and spells_us.txt files and they were all auto downloaded into my eq directory ready for play, so worked real good.

I'm still new to it myself, but looks promising. Post any questions here and we'll work together any issues.

For more info, here is post about EQEmu Launcher on eqemulator.org :

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36854

Credit to Rumzuck for making this possible!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:07:09 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jydlen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »

This is sweet, no longer will I have to replace my spells file! Any idea if it does that DB file we were talking about the other day that I suspect mine is corrupt? (Causing me to be unable to train fury of magic on my zerker)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:42 am »

No, doesn't download the database to your EQ, and won't fix that AA issue.

Right now it patches the same files you can download off to the left side of the forums here, EZ Spell File and EZ Server Files for spells and race models.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

he means the dbstr_us file  ... and I am not sure if it downloads that but going from what Hunter says.... No it doesn't download that file

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »

he means the dbstr_us file  ... and I am not sure if it downloads that but going from what Hunter says.... No it doesn't download that file

http://hateborne.com

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 01:27:30 pm »

If there was a way to make it remember all your usernames and passwords that would be sweet as well.  Manually entering in 12+ accounts at log in is getting tiresome  Cry

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
jydlen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »

If there was a way to make it remember all your usernames and passwords that would be sweet as well.  Manually entering in 12+ accounts at log in is getting tiresome  Cry

If you use ISBoxer, EQWindows, etc.... You can set up an individual login screen for each of your accounts and then you just have to enter your password Wink
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »

is there any trick to install and bring it up to run ? ... i downloaded the files bolt and downloaded but my Serverrooster are clear ;(

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:44 pm »

Well wont enter password for you but you can automate that with another script if you wanted to.
Underfoot shortcut on desktop, this is an example of a batch file you can use.
At the very least it saves you from having to input the username on each and every screen.
Helps for the 12-24 box crews.
Code:
@echo off
start Underfoot /login:NAME1
ping localhost -n 2 > nul
start Underfoot /login:NAME2
start Underfoot /login:NAME3
start Underfoot /login:NAME4
start Underfoot /login:NAME5
start Underfoot /login:NAME6
@echo on
exit

If I used the launcher tool It would only be for when I wanted to go check out a server that supplies their files, so I wouldnt have to remember/find the files to change between them and EZ.
Outside of getting needed files when someone(server op) pushes updated files, I would just play as normal.

probably a little off topicish but eh.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 287