Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:29:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Updates 06-25-13  (Read 18939 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:06:56 am »

Temple Veeshan
Trash respawn time changed from 30 minutes to 12 hours.
Added a chance for a few more seconds in between npc casting dd spell.
Trash and Bosses reduced melee damage by 33%
Scales for UCv3 quest now about 3x higher chance than before.

Tower of Frozen Shadow
Final boss after Tserrina has higher chance to spawn now (but still super rare).
Final Boss had 1 EZ Credit loot removed.
Will make Instances in ToFS Free for Free Waypoint item.

Waypoint
Last 3 days in all zones.
Delete instance is disabled.

Added Jacinth to Crafters Merchant. Yes they are tradeable so you can buy and then sell them to other players. I also saw they are already on 9 other merchants in game as well, so probably a matter of searching for those vendors.

Testing AoE Resurrection spell clickie and might make it available to Clerics only as a quest via Essences. Item would also have lot of HP to help Clerics stay alive as well. Might do several ranks as well with more hp, etc.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:33:23 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:20 am »

Waypoint
Delete instance is disabled.

Uh oh! Is this change permanent in all zones Hunter? If so, it's a huge bottleneck for many players. Three Anguish clears in three days  Undecided Many players can clear that zone in 1-2 hours. This might apply to other zones as well, but first I could think of was Anguish due to it's slow respawn rate. Other zones like TOFS, Loping Plains, PoD has a decent respawn rate, so switching between raid/guild instances is ok I guess...

Perhaps a compromise where you can delete an instance after XX hours? Would still limit the spamming of instances.

I like the TOFS and ToV changes though Smiley And the cleric ress thingie sounds interesting as well!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:56:39 am by Sarthin » Logged

red2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:20:18 am »

wowmost of that is great stuff. TACVI is going to slowwwww wayyyy downnnn. with 3 clears an hour, assuming no one else in guild needs tacvi. I just hope this is an oversight. i understand the want to prevent zone creation spam. and the need for certain bottlenecks. it just seems a little unbalanced in the end, compared to what we used to be able to do.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:28:32 am »

I really don't get why the waypoint thing is suddenly a problem?

Is it because people are spamming instances in ToFS? - Why not just limit (or fix) it to there?

Gonna suck, not bieng able to do back to back anguish runs for UC2 or essences. Since the respawn there IS 3 days, you'll actually have to wait 3 days between clears. heh.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:54:11 am »

Lets see how it pans out....but honestly, the instance thing will have a pretty big impact for people working essences for augs, SoA, etc.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:01:13 am »

Another idea that might help.....why not add an item to the credit merch that is similar to the reward instance maker that creates an instance with 0 plat cost that is lower in credit cost (maybe 5 or 10) that lasts for perhaps a week, or a month? Something that would not only give players an alternative to spending $100 a shot, that is, again, temporary. Could also make the instances last 24 hours on that item rather than 3 days to limit its use and overuse.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:54:38 am »

Same thing for those doing abyss. When you get down to 1 or 2 bosses and you only need to clear one type of PH its going to really suck. Well more so for those that are back gearing then first timers but yeah, just do not see how instances are such a big deal. Even if I could spam instances every 1min I still wouldnt progress much faster then I do currently.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:34 am »

So why was the delete button removed from waypoints? Too much farming? Too many unused instances bogging down the server? Or a little of both? I am currently at sea and looking forward to playing this 4th of July weekend... double loot or no double loot. But I am only going to be able to create 3 instances (guild, solo, raid) per zone and then have to wait for 3 days for them to auto expire?

I usually clear Abyss in 2 hours and I am not decked out in gear like the top 10. That means to me 6 hours in Abyss then done until 3 days later. Same with Anguish.

Might suggest increasing the amount of time before you can delete an instance and recreate another to maybe 2-4 hours or even 1 day. I think that is better than not being able to remake another one for 3 days. Just my opinion.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:12 am »

Abyss is going to really really suck. Maybe just make Raid's deletable and not guild/solo? That way people can do the other ones if they want to hang out, but then they can't spam them as soon as they pop to make a new one but Raid people can actually progress. At the very least it would cut the problem of what was before by 1/3rd.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:36:35 am »

For a lot of people this will mean play for a an hour or 3, then come back 1 to 12 hours later and play for a few more hours.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:39:07 am by mpano66 » Logged

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:56:56 am »

For a lot of people this will mean play for a an hour or 3, then come back 1 to 12 hours later and play for a few more hours.

Yeah except abyss gets buggy as shit. I sat there and let everything respawn and added another hour (trying to catch bracer mobs), when I decided to clear zone again I got zero spawns from triggers or from clearing entire types.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 11:27:45 am »

Exactly why I'm taking a break from EZ...

One ban after another, people will always cheat, and we will always suffer.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 12:51:29 pm »

Perhaps they are attempting to implement the #repop "respawn zone" command plugin on a timer and the no deleting instances thing will make much more sense? I wouldn't start banging down Hunters door for this change just yet.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »

Repop will solve be patient, Hunter is going to push alot out to us this week!!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 01:25:24 pm »

THANK YOU FOR MAKING FWP WORK AGAIN IN TOFS! I = IN LOVE WITH U
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:28:05 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats