Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:53:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 06-25-13  (Read 19071 times)
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »

Perhaps they are attempting to implement the #repop "respawn zone" command plugin on a timer and the no deleting instances thing will make much more sense? I wouldn't start banging down Hunters door for this change just yet.

I agree, dont bang on the door, just listing possible issues. I had heard about the repop and hope that is put in.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
GuyManDude

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 06:38:59 pm »

There's got to be a better way than making lower-level suffer because the high end players have the firepower and money to create instances over and over.  Again the actions of a few high level players seem to dictate how the server progresses.  I'll speak on behalf of lower level players because I suspect many will feel the same way I do. 

First of all, low-to-mid level players can't make much money in this game any more and what money you do make you need to invest in augs if you are going to progress and we all know augs cost a ton of plat.  More importantly to understand why cash is so difficult is that mid-level and lower players need to keep their drops because they NEED them.  Eventually you will get to a point where you can start to sell them but that's an loooong way off for most players.

I have full group of t5 toons, a few with UC and frankly 350K for an Anguish instance when I don't have the firepower to clear it is difficult to swallow.  I certainly don't have the time or firepower to clear it over and over. 

Here's an idea:   If players are so established they have the firepower and plat to create t5+ (expensive) instances over and over again, instead of making the lower levels suffer, why not charge a huge price (5 mil etc) for an instance but make the respawn timers like 1 hour so the higher level players don't need to delete and create new instances?  All you are doing now is charging them lots of plat and they simply delete and create new instances which is essentially the same as having short respawn timers and costing a lot.

There has to be a way to measure the level of a player/group and limit the instances accordingly?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »

I paided 1 Million for T6 isntances before FWP when it came out for more then 2 weeks.. and you being t5 isn't low level .. fuck you got mega pp in hoh Now .. bags in T5 ( that was never there) so quit this high lvl guys have all the PP gripe. There are plenty of ways to make PP.. hell go farm me 40 SLS Ill give ya 4Million almost anytime..

the problem is everyone whats End game shit NOW NOW NOW...

Enjoy the content...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:44:27 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:33 pm »

Repop will solve be patient, Hunter is going to push alot out to us this week!!

^^ Relax this will fix stuff be patient..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 07:20:01 pm »

I have full group of t5 toons, a few with UC and frankly 350K for an Anguish instance when I don't have the firepower to clear it is difficult to swallow.

You can go to HoH and do a clear (easy with a T5 group) and make 300k easy in 30ish minutes.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »

<<<Glad as fuck im considered "Hight profile" !!! Thanks! Imstill poor as hell but thanks!

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 07:00:00 am »

I'm newish to the server, been playing for a few months.

I haven't even started into T5 yet.

I am working on my augs and charms.  I currently have 10 milltion plat from farming hoh and selling tokens when i get an abundance of, and someone is paying alot.

Money for new people is not an issue.  Farming qvic essences, there is  no purpose for those for new folks if you want.  That's what I sold to get my waypoint, or clear HoH 200k easy a clear.
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 08:14:45 am »

low to mid lvl player?....this game starts at lvl 70, not just for you..farming plat/gear is easy as it gets here!
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 09:33:48 am »

There's got to be a better way than making lower-level suffer because the high end players have the firepower and money to create instances over and over.  Again the actions of a few high level players seem to dictate how the server progresses.  I'll speak on behalf of lower level players because I suspect many will feel the same way I do. 

First of all, low-to-mid level players can't make much money in this game any more and what money you do make you need to invest in augs if you are going to progress and we all know augs cost a ton of plat.  More importantly to understand why cash is so difficult is that mid-level and lower players need to keep their drops because they NEED them.  Eventually you will get to a point where you can start to sell them but that's an loooong way off for most players.

I have full group of t5 toons, a few with UC and frankly 350K for an Anguish instance when I don't have the firepower to clear it is difficult to swallow.  I certainly don't have the time or firepower to clear it over and over. 

Here's an idea:   If players are so established they have the firepower and plat to create t5+ (expensive) instances over and over again, instead of making the lower levels suffer, why not charge a huge price (5 mil etc) for an instance but make the respawn timers like 1 hour so the higher level players don't need to delete and create new instances?  All you are doing now is charging them lots of plat and they simply delete and create new instances which is essentially the same as having short respawn timers and costing a lot.

There has to be a way to measure the level of a player/group and limit the instances accordingly?

while I disagree about cash being hard to get,  I do agree with your points about a few players screwing things up for the rest.  gotta love it...

Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:01 am »

I just want there to be an instance model that doesn't change. Let's get a decent system and then keep it that way for years. And please make it so new players can't just run right past qvic trash. Qvic was one of the best 'hazing' parts of the progression.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 10:32:20 am »

I just want there to be an instance model that doesn't change. Let's get a decent system and then keep it that way for years. And please make it so new players can't just run right past qvic trash. Qvic was one of the best 'hazing' parts of the progression.

I happen to agree here. I entered QVIC as a T1 wizard, LDON geared SK, and PoTime + LDON random geared Druid. It was crazy hard and near impossible. To be fair, this was when the only classes to play were warriors or clerics.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 12:30:49 pm »

I agree too.  I came through about the time Pallies became boss.  Was full Ldon with a 2.5 thinking I was big news... HAH!  Splat!  On the first mob I tried.

The only folks that leashing bothers are the ones that can clear the place solo.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 01:56:29 pm »

Also agree.

The first real gut check in the game is Time. The 1.5 chain is a beginning that shows what EZ is about....and it serves quite well as a wall that filters people who will like what EZ has to offer from Warcraft players. With LDON nerfed like gym class for the mentally challenged the only real filter that remains between there and T1 is Qvic. Leashing the trash I think removes a lot of the challenge for newer players, and....well, I'm with the other guys. I dont think it does newer players any favors in the long run.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Popper

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 10:13:57 pm »

Jacinth found on General Supplies vendor in Abysmal Sea.

Tasec Dreeng (near Bank area) ~162pp
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:49 pm »

Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats