Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 05:11:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: West Commonlands  (Read 11042 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:59 pm »

I could make the Willowisp boss to be rare via min time required for respawn AND X number of low level wisp to be killed since the zone goes up. The min time can be min time for zone to be up plus min time since last spawn/kill. Some type of forumla to allow 1-2 spawns per day, very rare, can't predict when it will spawn, and can't just sit in zone, need to kill trash.

For the OT zone, I like the idea of Stonewall/SpellDmgReduction Buff. Could make it a 3 tick bard buff that can't be dispelled and constantly refreshes via player.pl script in the zone so when you zone out you don't have that 3 tick buff anymore. Would need to make sure warriors don't get over 100% stonewall, so maybe they would be excluded and just give that buff to non Warriors.

As for the spells being resisted, we can make special pvp spells that have 0 checks on them, so they always land, no matter how much resist an enemy player has.

So seems we have some potential here.

I would suggest that one spawn be static and the other be random. In example: Wisp might always spawn at 6pm EST and then once more randomly between 7pm EST to 5pm EST. With a single, static spawn you give players more time to prepare for it. If I were in the middle of a T5 clear, I wouldn't bother stopping what I am doing to log in an alt or break my group up for a sec to go chase after a 2-3mil. If I knew that it was ~90min until the 6pm spawn, I might speed up or slow down to prepare for it.

Bard ticking buff is nice. I was considering an unlimited, but that works much better. To make sure players don't overcap, simply remove & block any spell with effectid 168 or 161 (SW or spellmitigation) excluding the OT Stonewall.

For the SpellResistChance, just tack it on to the OT Stonewall. effectid = 126 and effect_base_value = 50. It takes a whole percentage point for the base value, so 50 = 50% resist reduction chance. Players with UW would still have HUGE advantage due to HP and 50% chance to simply not be hit by spells.

As for adding special spells, I would avoid it as it's simply more work, more spells, more situational stuff. In my flawed opinion, I would suggest keeping things simple and tack on the SpellResistChance instead. It would be more scalable too if it's too OP or too weak.

-Hate
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:35:17 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 01:43:52 pm »

Blocking certain spell id in zone is good idea and way to prevent capping 100% stonewall.

As for the spells, we wouldn't have to make any new ones. Just remove the spell type (fire, ice, magic, disease, poison) and then it will always land. Could do that maybe on just the custom spell drops, make them 100% unresistable.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 02:22:07 pm »

Blocking certain spell id in zone is good idea and way to prevent capping 100% stonewall.

As for the spells, we wouldn't have to make any new ones. Just remove the spell type (fire, ice, magic, disease, poison) and then it will always land. Could do that maybe on just the custom spell drops, make them 100% unresistable.

The SpellResistChance is a flat modifier. With 200 resist or 4000 resist, the SpellResistChance value of 50 (50%) will still have the exact same effect. If you wanted, you could simply set a value of 100 which should work normally (i.e. spells always land). Since this might be attached to the OT Stonewall effect, it would affect all players immediately.

Go go laziness!

-Hate

EDIT: Just wanted to be clear that I'm not trying to actively shoot you down or be a dick. Just trying to keep things simple for sake of speed and efficiency. You will also have less to manage as a player as one doesn't need to constantly rescribe spells to bounce between pvp spells and pve spells. I also know of no way to make those PVP spells not usable in the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:28:15 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »

EDIT: Just wanted to be clear that I'm not trying to actively shoot you down or be a dick. Just trying to keep things simple for sake of speed and efficiency. You will also have less to manage as a player as one doesn't need to constantly rescribe spells to bounce between pvp spells and pve spells. I also know of no way to make those PVP spells not usable in the rest of the game.

Oh thats fine. I'll roll a few dozen wizards if you give me a spell that is 100% unresistable in PVE as well as PVP  Wink

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 05:01:59 pm »

ok i just got home , now i can zone in NP.. but only 1 toon at a time ... is WC like OT only 1 IP address in the zone?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 07:16:40 pm »

ok i just got home , now i can zone in NP.. but only 1 toon at a time ... is WC like OT only 1 IP address in the zone?

Yes and don't /q to quit else you'll be waiting until server reboot to get in again. Either camp out normally, or zone out, if you wish to go back later.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061