Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 10:04:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: To a community that I have called a friend for a long time  (Read 13412 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:54:40 pm »

First off I want to say this is not a ploy for pity or a ploy for people to give me stuff. I am not looking for anything. I just want to share something significant with a community that I consider my community.

For the last several years my job has been taking care of my parents and my uncle, in particular my mother. I do everything for them, I cook every meal they have, I clean our house, my mothers side of my parents room and largely take care of everything with my uncle, (he is severely mentally handicapped and has the mind of a 3 or 4 year old, if that). I also handle their finances and have been very proud to be the one to help them be more financially smart and get the most out of their dollar. At one point they were paying a ludicrous amount monthly for a tv and I found a better one that they could buy brand new for 3 of their payments. I love my parents and even though the work I do equals out to much more than a full time job I do it with pride. It is because of those commitments that I have made that I don't have much of a social life. EZ has been the most of my social life for the last several years, since 2008. Even though there are some of you that I don't know, some of you I don't like, some of you don't like me and some of you don't even play here anymore but you are all a part of my social life. There are some of you that are quite significant. The best friends that I have right now play on this server. Fugitive, you are my best friend and I thank you for that friendship.

On the 4th of July I found my mama unresponsive in her bedroom. On the 7th of July she passed away in ICU. I would say that a huge chunk of my heart was ripped out that day but it's still there and I feel it everyday. I've never felt anything so devastating in my life.

I realize I am probably sharing more than some might on an online gaming forum but this is my social outlet. Because of my life and the commitments I've made this is where I go to have a social life. I wanted to share something that is more significant than anything that has ever happened in my life with the community that I have chosen to have my social life with.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:16:04 pm »

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this.

Goth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:21:43 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear about this, my deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family

Hugs
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:30:31 pm »

I've got nothing. There is nothing amusing, annoying, or even trollfaced that will help. The only bit that I can say is that the best I can offer is to group up and attempt to pewpew whatever tier you are in together. Sometimes the best way to move through a traumatic event is bury yourself in the things you do daily and the pain will slowly fade.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

My condolences to you and your family.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 04:00:20 pm »

I may not like you very much but I am very much sorry to hear this.
If you still have my cell and ever want to talk you can call me up, feel free to cuss at me or something.
Just blow off steam if you need to.
Otherwise we'll see you when you are able and want to get online again.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Abrums

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 04:19:47 pm »

Sorry to hear about this Xiggie.  I wish I had more to say but I am not good with words.  My thoughts are with you and your family.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:24:19 pm by Abrums » Logged

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »

Havent played in a while, but still check in, and you have my condolances. Loosing a parent is a hard thing to go thru.

Like some have said the Pain doesnt just "go" away. It just becomes more bareable. Sad
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 05:05:17 pm »

So what you're really tryin to say is, deep down, you're a chicken shit.

( It's a movie quote, with no offense intented.  It's actually rather endearing.  If you don't know the quote, look for it before getting mad and you'll understand it. )
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 05:24:28 pm »

Xig, nothing but respect for you for what you do for your family....and nothing but sympathy for your loss. I had to deal with similar issues this year, and it sucks.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 05:41:46 pm »

Damn brother, I'm sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain as I had to visit my mother's grave for the past 10 years. We go way back to 2008, you were a huge part of my social life when I played a lot, and I miss the days of 14 hour anguish runs, and the rants in ventrilo. If you ever need anything man, inbox me and I'll shoot you my number.

Keep strong man, hit me up when you get a chance.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 05:57:58 pm »

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and condolences. It does mean a lot to be able to come to my community and poor my heart out at a time like this and get heartfelt response in return.

lookin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 06:11:07 pm »

my condolences xig.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 06:39:42 pm »

I feel your pain. About 2 years ago I had the chance to say good bye to a family member that has always been there for me, and died shortly after. Even to this day still hard to think about it.

My condolences as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 07:11:07 pm »

We talked in vent bro, keep strong! and thanks our friendship too!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022