Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:44:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: SLS mechanic change suggestions  (Read 14926 times)
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »

First off, please excuse the username, I just really like boobs. 

Currently, the time it takes a T8 player (with no over 9000 move speed increases) is about the same as a freshly geared lvl 70 (or far lower).  This server has evolved quite a bit over the years that I have been playing off an on.  As far back as I can remember playing, SLS have not changed at all.  We have altered the way charms drop to enable more powerful groups of characters to farm them faster.  We have changed the way money and essences work.  We have new spells.  We have Nude pics of Hateborne.  The list goes on.  So my question is, can SLS be looked at and possible suggestions provided to change the way they work to fall in line with other changes within the server?   Here are mine:

1.  Add Greater Lightstone drops to lower tier zones and Superior Lightstone drops to higher tier zones?  What tiers?  You decide.  Maybe Greater Lightstone Qvic-T4 and Superior Lightstone in the rest?  Could alter drop rates to reflect the different tiers.  This is very much in line with how TOFS currently works with charms. 

2.  Add SLS to the Crafting Vender with a price tag of 100k-200k.  This would take the least amount of time to add into the game.  This method should also have the least impact (I think).  Higher level players would just buy them and newer players may still prefer to farm them if money is not in abundance.

3.  Add 100k (or so) direct into cost of Ore how you see fit.   This will enable higher level players some sort of bonus to the speed at which they can get augs completed while newer players on the server will perhaps add more time but not much more.  Fairly sure you can still make quite a bit of money off gem drops in Velks or other such zones.  (I do not prefer this method, but it's an idea)

Feel free to drop ideas and pray for the great Hunter to grace this with his limited time. 
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:50:00 pm »

We have Nude pics of Hateborne.

FUGITIVE SAID HE WOULDN'T SHOW ANYONE! I WAS YOUNG AND NEEDED THE PLAT! OMFG FUGITIVE!

1.  Add Greater Lightstone drops to lower tier zones and Superior Lightstone drops to higher tier zones?  What tiers?  You decide.  Maybe Greater Lightstone Qvic-T4 and Superior Lightstone in the rest?  Could alter drop rates to reflect the different tiers.  This is very much in line with how TOFS currently works with charms. 

I wouldn't have an issue with having maybe a 3-5% chance from ALL tiered bosses to drop GLS. That way it's not high enough to make it a cakewalk, but not low enough to make it a lost cause.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »

First off, please excuse the username, I just really like boobs.  

Ok, that sentence alone earned you massive points.

But..I cant agree with everything you said.

1. I love the idea of GLS and SLS dropping in progression zones. However, this has been suggested to Hunter before a few times that I know of and he doesnt seem to like it.

2. I dont think you should just add SLS to a vendor. This is an income source for more than a few lower level characters who cant get into the good cash drops now in the game, but who want to work on FG/CG/CG, weapon augs and more. Just putting these on a  vendor will kill that economy.

3. See above.

I like idea 1 the best, but again, its been shot down a few times now.

One idea I like is making alternate drop zones for GLS....somewhere with some exp for higher tier characters, maybe with a random boss that pops in zone, similar to the Ancient Dragon in T1, that drops whole SLS occasionally. Perhaps an entirely new zone that drops GLS with a boss (rather than adding them to the drop tables for zones we have to farm anyway). Dont know. Also, if you go this route, maybe set up a max level of 71 or 72 for the current GLS zones, to allow a place lower level chars can do their thang without crowding from higher tier characters. This would also serve to keep the economy for the lowbies healthy, I think.

Anyway, some ideas. But I agree.....not a fan of SLS as it is now.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 03:01:57 pm »

Maybe put it in Riwwi, if you make a new zone.....and add those ghost things from those couple rooms in LDON 6. Just an idea! Wisps is BORING Cheesy

Cuz, ya know, its not as if Hunter has enough on his plate or anything Tongue

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:09:46 pm »

I like the suggestion.  A new zone (or zones) just for GLS or SLS could be fun.  If there are not anymore ToFS style tiered zones, could use a few and increase difficulty/drop rate as you go.  GoD zones would be nice Smiley
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

Ive never had a problem farming SLS. sure sometimes they fall in the ground. sometimes they port to the other side of the map. skip that one and go for another one. Cheesy

There is a big clump of them in jaggedpine. If you kill the majority of the ones you can see in that vicinity, move on to another instance or repop or just do something else and come back, you can get almost 1 per clear that way.

/maphide npc
/mapshow willow

get killing, don't run into rocks, they can hurt your shins.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 03:30:19 pm »

just because it is on the vendor in craftors for say 125k, that would not necessarily kill that par of the economy. they used to sell for 50k ... if someone want to farm them and sell for 50-90k, and someone else is looking to save some plat, supply meet demand.

have heard the excuse about editing the map for how the wisps move so they are less "dumb" no one in several yeahs has taken up the mantle to try to fix it. it sux. in the time it takes me to farm 1 SLS, i could farm 200k in hoh, 5-30 tokens, an aug or5, and a few hundred AA.
hmm all that, or 1 SLS ..

so i like all the ideas presented, all valid options. It just seems to be an unnecessary aggravation. Just feels dirty chasing after lvl 30 mobs with a UW4/6.0 ... ( i like to smack them with an arrow so they stop running, just getting behind and turning attack on never does much)

look at the new spell stuff, there is a rare boss component, a plat-from-specific-zone component, and something from nexus. only thing to farm is the ink. compared to augs, farm the essence, farm the sls, thbuy the ore and mix it up.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:54 pm »

I like the idea of selling them in crafters guild...would make people get CG flagged....heck I think you should be CG flagged to simple combine the gear (not to equip it)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 03:59:55 pm »

If they are for sale, I would say set the price for double of the going market value (meaning 400-500k in CG).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 04:12:39 pm »

lol cant use the moment for it maybe in 1week u getting SLS's for 100k again ... !!! or will change the vendor price like the /auc Market ?

Rosalitan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:48 pm »

Took my bard into jaggedpine today and started killing wisps, managed to farm two complete SLS's in just a bit over an hour. Mind you this was while i was juggling other characters out of qvic since it kept crashing, other characters into the crafting guild, other characters around farming noobies their potime epic page drops.

So i personally dont see what the major problem is. However it would be super awesome to see SLS's drop off of progression bosses. Maybe start at Qvic with a real low drop chance and just kind of move up the ladder from there.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 06:28:33 pm »

If it's not broke, why fix it?

SLS is an easy way for noobs to make plat to buy stuff as they are gearing up. You can't make 100-200k an hour unless you can wipe HoH out pretty quick, so i see nothing wrong with the current way they are set up.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 06:41:01 pm »

If it's not broke, why fix it?

SLS is an easy way for noobs to make plat to buy stuff as they are gearing up. You can't make 100-200k an hour unless you can wipe HoH out pretty quick, so i see nothing wrong with the current way they are set up.

I can wipe HoH out in a few pulls and I'd still make faster money farming SLS. I don't really understand why people think it's a problem. I am currently progressing thru ucv2 farming on my team and farming t6, and SLS farming is still a very fast form of making money. I just think people are lazy and don't want to do it for the most part, then again a big part of that could be they're just doing it in a very inefficient manner.

For any that are curious, read over Felony and Anuli's posts in this thread on how to SLS farm Jaggedpine. It's still up to RNG, but I've seen 12 SLS in an hour only farming on one character from doing what they talk about. First, make a solo instance, raid instance, and guild instance. Zone in and use "/maphide npc" and "/mapshow a_willowisp" on a hotkey. Next, make a "/tar willowisp" hotkey. Last, if you don't have Sceptre of Time 1, go get one! Also the runspeed item for 5 ezcredits is a must have on your main character and will speed this along very nicely.

You will want to run around the right half of the zone collecting all the wisps you can click with SoT, ignore the left side (there are only 3-4 wisps and it is a waste of time to run all the way over and get them instead of going to the next instance and starting the next big pull) If I start at the north side of the zone, I'll end up on the south collecting that big pile, and then just reverse it for the next instance.

Why would I share this information? Because SLS prices are getting out of control =p Also, in a recent update via Hunter he's made it clear he doesn't want you hitting /tar wisp and /stick macros across all your boxes and just tabbing between them and doing so may result in you not being able to play here anymore!
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »

I hate farming SLS but agree it's a good way for our newer players to make coin. What sucks is we don't get a decent flow of new people on this server so it can be hard to find people selling SLS especially during the week. Of course I can farm them myself but doing so makes me suicidal after an hour or so especially when the little bastards keep going underground. I like the idea of keeping SLS as is and also making it on a crafter guild merchant for aboot 250k or so.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 11:06:54 pm »

I dont recall the OP stating that anything was broken. I know I havent. Just discussing alternatives to a boring, annoying farm.

Fun. Remember?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209