Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:57:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Qvic  (Read 16968 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:56:36 am »

Getting your gems in qvic now, with leashing is a bit of a pain.

Any chance bosses could be given a 10% chance of dropping a gem, might make it easier to outfit your group now.

I had all my armor pieces for my 5 new toons, while missing about 20 gems to complete it.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:57:20 am »

When Qvic was originally made, it wasn't designed with the intention of have to make trains to get gems.

Now we can play the way it was intended, 1 mob at a time.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:44:28 am »

When Qvic was originally made, it wasn't designed with the intention of have to make trains to get gems.

I think he was referring to the quest gems. It was pretty hellish getting them legitimately (pulling 1-3 at a time), and still a nightmare when pulling the zone in 4 pulls.

Could the quest gems have their drop rate upped on the trash mobs?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:56:43 am »

I think he was referring to the quest gems. It was pretty hellish getting them legitimately (pulling 1-3 at a time), and still a nightmare when pulling the zone in 4 pulls.

-Hate

^^ +1

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:31 am »

-Hate

We all know I have the worst RNG on the server and yet I manage to get full sets of the quest gems *ONLY* killing the spawns from the bosses and I get these full sets pretty damn quickly.
This is one time where I have to say "stfu noob and farm harder". After all if my terrible rng isnt terrible in this zone, you obviously are doing something wrong.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:52:15 am »

I disagree, its old content, up the rate
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:44 pm »

Well I'm almost done.  I have 4 gems left.

And I got my armor/gems pulling 1 or 2 at a time the first time though as a new player. 

Was just an idea to make life easier for new players.  Maybe the leash radius can be upped so you can pull a building's worth of mobs out, if you can handle it?

As is, some groups of 3 warp if you don't run into the middle.
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »

Last time I went to Qvic bosses were one shotted so no adds
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 05:54:06 pm »

... one forgets

Backflagging yes things are "easy"

New player farming gems 1st time..

..../meh

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 08:27:04 pm »

We were all "new" players at one time, and it was difficult back then too.  We had to kill mob by mob...making things "easier" because you are new to the server makes no sense...not like it takes 5 years to get your toon up to end game as it is...starting from scratch.  I hear way too much of the crying game, "Oh this server is so hard make it Warcraft, please."

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 10:18:25 pm »

less pain in the ass doesn't necessarily mean easier.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 12:19:48 am »

less pain in the ass doesn't necessarily mean easier.

Where is my Like button?  Well said.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 04:54:24 am »

If we remove all obstacles from the game, we're going to end up with a lot of curling players, standing around in Nexus begging for rides and clears.

On the other hand, with T8 (maybe) about to open up, theres a lot of content to get through - so making stuff at the low tiers a bit easier, is probably a good idea. Although T5 will most likely filter out most anyway.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 09:33:36 am »

If we remove all obstacles from the game, we're going to end up with a lot of curling players, standing around in Nexus begging for rides and clears.

On the other hand, with T8 (maybe) about to open up, theres a lot of content to get through - so making stuff at the low tiers a bit easier, is probably a good idea. Although T5 will most likely filter out most anyway.

We need more zones like T5, just less mob. Maybe 35-50. I likes the random element, but hated clearing through a zone to get to the boars, killing all 10 of them, only to sit in boars' spot spamming instances. It didn't feel ...'adventurous', it felt dirty. However, it is either 2-3 hours of instance spamming or 2-3 weeks per group of camping them.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 12:32:16 am »

Fuck making shit easier so people can ride the coat tails of the serious players into/through T8.
If anything I vote we make corpse rot timer 3min and fuck the bitchs that cant clear the content.  Cheesy

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)