Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:02:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What's Happening  (Read 3982 times)
Bladethorn

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:02:57 pm »

Just wanted to say hello EZ.. I've been on a work project since Jan.. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and checking out all the new content.

I've still got to grind out a few more UC's and a few more pieces of T4, but if there is anything I can help with, hit me up. Not sure if there are any teams trying to push through T5, but I'd be game to hook up and help out (pending feedback below).. I'm running a 6man (SK/PAL/PAL/BRD/ROG/MNK)

Speaking of changes and new content.. Do any of the T6-T8 players run something other than a WAR as a main tank?.. As a SK, I love not getting feared, but I do have to spam for aggro. I have a WAR under construction, but 1) I want to have my group firm before I really start pushing through T5 and 2) I'm trying to guage how much harder/easier it will make encounters before I go full speed on building him up.

Thanks for any guidance.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »

You can make it through t5 with a knight class (I did with my pally) but when you get to t6 you will need a warrior.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »

Huge difference between knight class and warrior class. With my warrior I can run from entrance all the way to boss 4 or even 5 if I do it right in T6. You will never do that with a knight class. It makes mass killing immeasurably faster. Sure some might say 'oh I don't mind not being able to pull that many' but when you look at how many times you have to clear zones to get the items you need for your group it makes sense to do it the fastest and most efficient way possible otherwise you are just going to burn out. T6 for a group you have to clear at least 70 times. T5 is even more than that because of the hunt for random bosses.

I recommend a warrior for anyone, especially anything beyond T4. Just because you can tank with one class doesn't mean you should. Hell I can tank with my cleric through management of spells and whatnot. But it is a stupidly inefficient way of using my cleric and I can't tank or kill nearly as fast that way. I log in for say 2 hours and clear T5 once with my knight class tanking or I can spend the same amount of time and clear T5 3 or 4 times. Even if you put a UW on a knight class you are still not going to be able to tank as well as a warrior.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:06:09 pm »

Total agreement, when giong into t6+ a warrior is a must have. I main a SK with my group and it's night and day difference when I use gf's war (Nesh).

Her hella hp, uw, and extra clicky goodness don't hurt either.

/happy hunting
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:45:56 pm »

Really appreciate the input everyone! My War isn't too far behind, so I'll pull him up and put some time in on him. Thanks much!

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)