Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:41:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: scepter of time  (Read 21244 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 01:40:03 pm »

The point of the quest wasn't really the reward, although the reward needed to be good to make people want to do the quest. Was just trying to make a quest that involved a lot of zoning. Like CG/FG or SoA mold. Also was about going back to the old world cities and deciding if you wanted to hurt your faction wit them or not. Don't have to do the quest, and probably can progress just fine without Sceptre.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 02:31:36 pm »

I think a reasonable change could be making the quest mobs repop a little faster. Even when I killed them super slow in t5 gear I was still ahead of the respawn cycle for round 2, so I made instances for each zone to do another round (3 zones per kill) and pub still hadnt repopped yet. Its already zone heavy enough to make me buy multiple teleprters to speed up the process, but having to go into an instance in each zone just adds another dose of zoning back into the equation. Without teleporters, if you went back to nexus to the zone and then into an instance, that's 3 zones times 10 mobs times 512 quest cycles coming out to 15,360 times you would need to zone. That is frightening to think about for an item with less hp than t8 or tserrina drops. I've been thinking  of grinding up to rank 5 for my whole team so I could just combine those with some of the Halloween drops, but nonstop zoning doesn't really feel like a grind to me, it feels like sitting at my keyboard watching movies instead of actually playing Tongue
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:08 pm »

The point of the quest wasn't really the reward, although the reward needed to be good to make people want to do the quest. Was just trying to make a quest that involved a lot of zoning. Like CG/FG or SoA mold. Also was about going back to the old world cities and deciding if you wanted to hurt your faction wit them or not. Don't have to do the quest, and probably can progress just fine without Sceptre.

With all the work you've done to reduce lag, this sentence seems counter productive.

Ok, if people want a money sink instead, how about turn the quest giver into a vendor, have him sell "Essence of Time I", "Essence of Time II", etc etc, each rank costing 1,000,000pp per rank, so rank 10 is 10,000,000. You kill the mobs, get the Scepter with no stats, then combine it with the essence for the rank I with stats. Kill the mobs again, get a no stat scepter and combine that with the Essence of Time II and your Rank I scepter for Rank 2.

This way you still have to kill the mobs, it still takes a significant investment and you still have to zone 100 times to get a full rank X scepter. I don't even like this suggestion because it would completely wipe out my plat and still only get me up to a rank 6 on one character, but I still like it better than doing the quest another 500 times.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 04:54:33 pm »

Was hoping he would put SLS on crafting vender (no drop) for 150k each ! A man can dream.  Roll Eyes

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 05:16:38 pm »

i kinda like hates idea put in a 1% chance that it will drop a rank 1 ... wont greatly increase the time sink but it will reduce it slightly
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 06:06:27 pm »

Was hoping he would put SLS on crafting vender (no drop) for 150k each ! A man can dream.  Roll Eyes

It's a nice thought, but it would require duping every recipe that uses a SLS because it would be a new item, unless every SLS was made no-drop to preserve the item id.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:53 pm »

every SLS was made no-drop to preserve the item id.

That would work for me!  At least it would keep retards from trying to sell them for 500k  Roll Eyes

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »

every SLS was made no-drop to preserve the item id.

That would work for me!  At least it would keep retards from trying to sell them for 500k  Roll Eyes

I agree with that however the idea of the sls is to make it so the newer players would be able to farm something that high end players would need thereby linking the two and giving newer players the friendship and the plat from higher ends without stripping high end player's ability to farm them themselves if they wanted to.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 02:21:01 am »

As Xiggie said.

There is a reason for the SLS.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 07:55:06 am »

Not just that....but who cares if someone is selling SLS for 500K? Dont wanna pay that....dont buy em. Seller doesnt set prices, buyers do.

I know whenever I see those prices I marvel at how lazy and stupid some people are....but then again I daily marvel at how lazy and stupid people are, and for more important reasons than an imaginary item in an online game Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »

I don't have a problem with the 50-150k price tag...but server economy is way fucked up at the moment...things are way over priced for some stupid reason.  Is a ton of ways to make plat as a newbie so using the "its the only way to make money on this server" argument is weak in my opinion. Look at HoH plats and since Hunter made strike augs tier based to equip it isn't like new folks are in a major bind when they hit t3 for plat. Yes, I am lazy and do not want to farm SLS because they suck but I also don't wanna feel like I need to carry a bottle of k-Y or astroglide around in my back pocket when I want to buy them either.

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 08:11:30 pm »

Well, looking at lower level augs, selling SLS for 50k-100k is plenty to afford augs in low tiers until the player is able to make money in HoH+

selling them on the crafter merchant for 200k won't affect that, people can still farm sls and sell them for <200k and make enough plat for all of their hearts desires.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »

Honestly I don't think the price is going to go back down on them. Anyone that tries will have their stock bought out and flipped or stored away in some bank for later use. There is way too much plat in circulation from higher tiered players that have nothing else to spend it on, combined with the fact that even the midtier people are mostly being lazy and spending every last bit of plat on SLS to avoid farming it themselves, making their augs a much bigger headache to complete. I know that was my logic at the time, but they weren't 250k then either, and I was still broke all the time even with them being 100k. So basically your options are:

Lower tiered players: SLS farm for 250k each
Middle tiered players: HoH farm for plat / tokens / xp / v2s
Higher tiered players: Anguish or LP farm for plat / xp

The middle tiered players needs infinite amounts of SLS to get their augs leveled and work on warrior's SOA at the same time. They have so many things to work on they'd rather just buy SLS at the inflated price driven up other players and continue working on the massive grinds that go along with getting into tier 5+

That's basically what's been going on in a nutshell with the SLS prices. Well that and the /tar wisp /stick being made against the rules  Grin
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 03:49:53 am »

That's basically what's been going on in a nutshell with the SLS prices. Well that and the /tar wisp /stick being made against the rules  Grin

And the crackdown on the /mac SLS players. After the bans of the first AFK macro players, the price of SLS shot up.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 06:45:07 am »

That's an even better argument for having them on the CG vendor...keep folks from exploiting! Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057