Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:05:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: scepter of time  (Read 21243 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »

is this quest still active is so there was a thread a long time ago on it i cant find it anyone have a link ?
red2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:40:33 pm »

yes it is still active. go talk to Siige in nexus. gives you a list of people/places to kill. Be wary, they are tough and have a large amount of hp. For example, it takes me longer to kill Grubin's guards, than hard trash in t6. a team of t4/4/0's should be able to handle it. it takes 512 times through to get the final version. with all the zoning ( and stupid 5 min recast on the porta-telporter) takes me close to an hour to finish a round.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:32:00 am »

How it goes: kill a round, get a Scepter 1. Kill another round for a second SoT1. Combine the 2 in a magic box to get SoT2. Complete 2 more rounds to get ANOTHER SoT2, and combine the 2 of them to make an SoT3. And so on.....2 3's to make a 4, 2 4's to make a 5, etc.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 08:55:40 am »

There has been talk on and off about updating this quest, any thoughts on when we might see some changes?

It really is painful, mostly with the need to constantly zone.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »

ive done the quest ... i was more looking for the pictures of the different ranks =P
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 02:40:05 pm »

You can do a /buyer search in bazaar to see the link of any item
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 04:29:48 pm »

it takes 512 times through to get the final version. with all the zoning ( and stupid 5 min recast on the porta-telporter) takes me close to an hour to finish a round.

"I can't wait to start farming my SoT"

- said no one ever

Doesn't seem even remotely worth it for only 80k hp.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »

It's a horrible timesink.

Get a Frost Covered Tome and go spend your time on progression, plat and exp.

/que mpano and his love of the grind.
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 06:32:07 pm »

I hate this quest. I have at least a sceptre I on every character in my guild and a rank IV on my main 6 and thats about all I could stand to do. I would love to see this quest redone and as much as I HATE that everything uses SLS and essences I think it would be the best way.

My Idea is this: Rank I, kill the 10 guys, get the rank I sceptre. Rank II Kill the 10 guys, get a rank I scepter, combine that with a SLS, original rank I and Essence of Qvic and you get rank II. Rank III, kill the 10 guys, get a rank I sceptre, combine that with SLS, Essence of Tacvi and Rank II scepter and you get rank III, and so on and so forth.

This way you are still killing each mob 10 times, which for me with zoning and dealing with guards and whatnot is an hour per run, so 10 hours, plus the time for SLS and Essences and you need up to a Loping Plains essence to get the final rank X Sceptre.

I think thats fair and would encourage more people to do the quest without totally losing the original intent which was to kill the 10 guys over and over again. Anything more than 1 essence or 1 SLS per rank would be too much and make the quest even less desirable.
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 08:43:07 pm »

Please, no more essence/SLS sinks!  Something to get rid of the crazy amounts of plat would be better-this way maybe people will start selling stuff again
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

Grind it

Or just wait for Halloween

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 03:19:03 am »

Please, no more essence/SLS sinks!  Something to get rid of the crazy amounts of plat would be better-this way maybe people will start selling stuff again

Maybe a Plat Sink ranked item, 100 million per rank.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 07:18:48 am »

Maybe a Plat Sink ranked item, 100 million per rank.

Honestly, just update the script to reward a sceptre rank 1 per kill to all in killing group (like it used to do with the components before tasks).

Then add in a 25% chance to drop from sceptre rank 1 on kill as well.

This way it would take plenty of time to get it, but not an ungodly amount of time. It's 512 or 1024 kills to get, but could be slightly faster if good luck with drops.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 10:05:08 am »

Just had a thought.....is there a way to open PoTimeB here? Perhaps an item or items that drop from the gods (Scepter of TIME Cheesy). Or perhaps one of the SoD zones that correspond to PoP.

Then again....probably too much work for Hunter just for an upgrade to how SoT works. Silly idea, sorry.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 12:53:04 pm »

It still takes less time to get ucv2 for the damage modifier, and even less time to grab some ess and play to make a UW for the hp the rank 10 gives. Unless it's changed to what Hate said or possibly works the way T7 leaves work plus a shit-ton of plat (thus 10 times thru kill quest plus 10mil per rank equals SoT10), this quest is best left for Halloween grind.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209