Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:47:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Update 09-28-13  (Read 6532 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:36:48 am »

Teleporter(s) now updated.
Removed Tacvi from Custom Zone List.
Added Old Commons to Custom Zone List.

Can't teleport to frozenshadow if your already in frozenshadow for a reason.
Might make teleporter to succor you if your already in the zone, as a way of going back to 1st floor, without aggro.

T9 is 99.9% complete.
Just need to test a few scripts, and open it up for live. Might take a day of combing through and testing to make sure nothing is broken or exploitable. Lots of new types of events in this custom tier for much fun.

Tested npc regen, and with current source code seems working, which is good. Older source code gave npc 0 regen if it was set over 32k. Been tested now with 6 million regen and works. Will be using this to offset player DPS in higher tiers, rather than 100 billion HP. With with npc ac to offset UW dmg.

Leaf of Loping Plains renamed to Leaf of Vitality. Already added to loot list in T9, and soon will add it to T8 loot list as well. Will probably create ranks 11-20 some day in future tiers as well to continue the augment so it doesn't become obsolete.

Soon as I can verify that RoF no longer has a dupe bug, I'll probably enable the expansion. I know the devs had to finish work on new slot ids, so I wouldn't want people to have missing items either since reimbursements for bug like that would be time consuming. The client has neat features like instant run/stop for mounts, search bazaar from any zone, etc.

UW 1-6 will update maybe within next week, after I release T9 and relax for a day or two.

SPOILER

Sorry for any Spoilers but figured I'd post this in advance before people rage how hard T9 Old Commons is.

Using a clone of Fugitive to test mobs, how hard they hit a Warrior with stonewall, and how fast they die from his DPS.

Fugitives DPS is about equal to the mobs regen. Tested with UW9, not UW10, so maybe the UW10 is enough to break the mobs regen. Else you'll need a group of DPS to mow down npc's HP. I don't design my content to be solo, but if you manage to grind enough for best gear, and can solo, then congrats to beating EQ.

Fugitive's clone generally died within 3 hits, so you'll need healers in the group. Mobs don't really hit fast, put in a negative 5 haste on mobs to make them slower than default swinging.

There aren't too many immune special abilities on the mobs. So you should be able to fear, root, snare, mez, charm, slow, etc. Some classes had their spells edited long time ago to allow the spell to land on higher levels (1-99) so just find out which spell it is and use them! Mobs have over 200 resist so you might need to negative resist debuff them first with spell or clickies.

Animals can generally be found in single pulls. Someone with Spirit of the Ninja could have someone else kite a mob with aggro clicks, then the person with the Spirit of Ninja could melee the mob from behind without ever stealing aggro. This kiting could be fun if your having trouble surviving before getting fully geared out.

Humanoids in camps are shall we say close together and could train. Make use of Calm and Mez to break into camps. This is where Enchanters would shine finally. I'm sure getting more than 1 mob could mean a wipe out for the whole group.

I'm sure anyone without UW can still do this zone, but they'll die quicker with 1 less hit from the npc is all. Use tactics or gear up other ranked armors (Shield, Ring, UCv3, HP Augs, etc).

One thing I haven't added yet is npc spells. Might seem retarded for a bear or wolf to cast fire on you, so I'd probably limit the spells to humanoid casters like Shamans with DOT casted on tanks, etc.

Another spoiler is this zone is going to be a bit of a plat sink. Patterns to make new armor is 1 million platinum each. So for full suit armor + second bracer, thats 8 million platinum per character, which I'm sure the end gamers can afford.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:59:00 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:16:23 am »

We really appreciate these updates and they all sound really exciting, but I am a little worried that you are making the content overly hard. If the best geared player in the game is dying to mobs in 3 hits and barely outdpsing mob regen, then the rest of us are screwed. It also seems like UW is going to be a requirement now to progress rather than an optional perk (maybe thats fair tho given the changes you plan on making). I am all for challenging content, and the fact that we're going to have to make use of mez/pacify etc. in this new zone is really great, but I just do not know if using Fugitive as a test dummy is the best way to tweak content.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:23:55 am by Hulkpunch » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:33 am »

Will tweak new custom tier as I always do.

Even without any UW, the top hp players seem to have around 3.5 million HP, so I'm not just basing off Fugitive or UW, although I do need a base of what certain players can handle or not.

Basically, I need to know the max damage the NPC can do and players still survive, then downscale it from there.

Each round is going to hurt for sure, no matter how I tweak it.

So you'll need either to have healers, or do some kiting. With enough healing, only need to survive 1 round to get a heal off.

There is only 1 (ultra rare) boss in the zone, rest is all trash, so it shouldn't be that hard really. Its a fun zone with events and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:54:42 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 09:12:13 am »

cool that sounds great
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 09:59:55 am »

Dont be to worrried about this. Hunter always Adjusts new zones after he implements them when combat comes to play.

He always has, But he had to come up with a creative way to bridge the gap between the players with the UW and those without.

Sounds Fun.
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11:02:47 am »

thanks for all the hard work H, this must be fun/headache at the same time!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)