Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:14:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T5 Abyss Suggestion  (Read 12694 times)
zefirus

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:20:41 pm »

I know the zone has been out awhile and folks are in T8 and T9 but something to consider..

Place the Ring, mask, and necklace on specific bosses, or increase the drop rate of them. I think doing 100 bosses to get T6 was plenty, then when I was ready to hit T7, I found I was missing 6 masks. I have been clearing the zone for the last 3 days and have not gotten a single mask.

This change would help progression and allow less frustration by having to back flag so much.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »

Adding a guaranteed accessory drop to white (and maybe 20% chance to the "kill all X" bosses) might be a good idea, so it's easier to get rings/necks/masks/etc.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:02:54 am »

Adding a guaranteed accessory drop to white (and maybe 20% chance to the "kill all X" bosses) might be a good idea, so it's easier to get rings/necks/masks/etc.

Adding one to White makes it mechanically possible to get all the pieces. I would be ok with a zone wipe boss. If all the bosses are killed, one random boss will spawn.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:44 am »

That's not a bad idea. Killed entire zone again 4 times... No mask lol. Crazy
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:53:50 am »

Its designed that you won't get all 100 bosses with 1 zone wipe.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:22:30 am »

All my toons are flagged for t6 and all have all their t6 gear. What I am saying is that by the time I did get all 100 bosses for all my toons, I had only seen two masks. And now my toons are waiting on 5 masks to get into t7. The suggestion was making it a bit less painful to get accessory pieces instead of rng. The cloak shoulder and shield were nice because they had their own boss.

So I spend each day farming hoping for that random chance I will get masks so I can make t6 mask with the Augs in my bag. It is just that it is getting mind numbing. On a positive note, I have 60 essences now from doin it.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:21 pm »

Maybe drop the requirement to have all the gear from the zone flag.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:46 pm »

Maybe drop the requirement to have all the gear from the zone flag.

This, please. I would say the set pieces (i.e. wizard boots, legs, arms, wrists, chest, etc) and matching epic flag. With more and more zones, I'm trying to add more options for those slots. Mandating these accessories feel like an intentional time sink to lock players into content for longer.

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:28:55 pm »

That's what I really meant. Just take off the jewelry (ear, neck, waist etc) but require the basic 7(or Cool with epic to move.

Keeze
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »

I'm not a fan of the zone restrictions. I liked the old system where you could port your whole group into T6 as long as u had 1 T6 flagged toon. T5 is such a roadblock its painful. I've been in T5 since May 2012, and although I'm not a hardcore player I've cleared T5 so many times that I'd probably end up divorced over it if my wife ever found out how much time I've actually spent in front of the computer doing this. Sad thing is I still have 2 or 3 toons missing stuff from T5...
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 04:00:47 pm »

Change the loot table in t6 to drop actual accessories instead of upgrade essences like t3-4. Quick fix? Then you can have an ear 2 from t5 and an ear 3 from t6 on a toon.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 05:56:18 pm »

you can have an ear2, and an ear 3. get the ear 2, upgrade, then backpeddle in t5 to get another ear2.
not necessarily recommended. but possible.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 06:06:22 pm »

you can have an ear2, and an ear 3. get the ear 2, upgrade, then backpeddle in t5 to get another ear2.
not necessarily recommended. but possible.

Yes, that is how it is now, we are throwing around suggestions about how it could be to streamline the progression. Like you get an ear 1 in t4 and an ear 2 in t5 and then perhaps you get an upgrade in t6 and replace your t4 earring.

Also, we discussed changing how it drops in t5 to make it so your comment is recommended and not just possible.

Or take out accessory requirement for flag and make it an armor/weapon check.. would make since for warriors who have a SOA on back and are forced to upgrade a cloak just for flagging purposes.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »

Or take out accessory requirement for flag and make it an armor/weapon check.. would make since for warriors who have a SOA on back and are forced to upgrade a cloak just for flagging purposes.

Or casters using Mana Necklace...

-Hate

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »

Can make the shield mob drop any 1 of the jewlery instead of just shield.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)