Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:32:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question Regarding Server  (Read 5773 times)
Engels

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:26:11 am »

Hi guys,

I am new to the server, but have played EQ on TestServer since 2000.

A couple quick questions that I can't find answers to after researching the forums.

1) I am using the SoF client, and I cant add friends to my friends list.  Is there a way to fix this?

2) I understand that endgame on this server is primarily custom zones, but how high does content go on this server?  I was considering taking some friends and doing some DoD missions this weekend, but I am not quite sure if this server supports DoD content.

Basic questions, but answers would be greatly appreciated.  I am really enjoying playing on EZ fwiw, you have managed to eliminate tediousness yet are able to retain the fun that EQ has to offer.  I'm looking forward to raiding some of your endgame custom content soon.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:57 pm »

Hi guys,

I am new to the server, but have played EQ on TestServer since 2000.

A couple quick questions that I can't find answers to after researching the forums.

1) I am using the SoF client, and I cant add friends to my friends list.  Is there a way to fix this?

2) I understand that endgame on this server is primarily custom zones, but how high does content go on this server?  I was considering taking some friends and doing some DoD missions this weekend, but I am not quite sure if this server supports DoD content.

Basic questions, but answers would be greatly appreciated.  I am really enjoying playing on EZ fwiw, you have managed to eliminate tediousness yet are able to retain the fun that EQ has to offer.  I'm looking forward to raiding some of your endgame custom content soon.

1. SoF/SoD friends/ignore list is based through the chat system which on EZ doesn't work for those two clients so you gotta fin the file in your EQ directory and add them manually (which can fuck things up if you do it wrong)or live with out it until Hunter brings the chat server up to par like the rest of the servers ;P

2. No zones work properly (unless customized) post LDoN on ANY Emu server atm, this is because PEQ creates Live emulating content and makes the DB's for the servers to use so if they don't have it and you didn't make it yourself it's not there. Sorry.

Blood of the Akkadian
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:06:53 pm »

Thanks Danyelle.
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:45:31 am »

Danyelle,

Can you please be a bit more specific on how to get the friends list to work on SoD?  Thanks Smiley
Tabaisu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:12 am »

Edit your ini file. The file is name_server.ini. In it you'll find the friends list and ignored list. Just open the file in notepad, add the name of the friend or person to ignore and save the file.

Tabaisu - 70 Nemesis
Daesdanya -  66 Paladin
Pylandria - 66 Necromancer

...and so many more alts in my addiction...
<One Box Army>
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:09:37 am »

Cool thanks, I will try when I get home from work.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:33:59 am »

Also please read this http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=87.0

and the other guides in the Guides/etc forum!

I don't believe LDON even works as LDON (I dunno how it worked on live, I quit after Luclin).  On EZ there are 6 custom LDON zones and they are not instanced (yet anyway).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 172