Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:36:36 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10-03-13  (Read 20277 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:08:20 am »

Spell file 10-03-13 now available for download.

Updated:
Skin of the Drake
Ornate War Sword
Ranger Epic Aug Slots and Clicks
Spirit of the Ninja
Ultimate Daggers BS value (trying to find cap without roll over)

Added Root and Snare spells to Int/Wis Vendor in Surefall.

Fixed T5 npc levels (previous fix was only on test server, didn't go through to live b4).

Created but not live/tested yet:
FD Clickie (Reward Item)
Complete Heal (Reward Item)
Divine Intervention 90% (Reward Item)

Earring of the Ages:
Created 35 Ranks
Created 90 Ranks
Will probably be 1% Divine Intervention per Rank
Duration Permanent (until used), Recast 300 seconds.
Will probably cost 50,000 AA per rank

Coward Augs:
Created but not yet added to bosses in T1-T9
Reduces threat from all spells.
Should fit any aug slot type on shoulders only.
Combine 2 of same rank to get next rank in Magic Box
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:37:30 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:24:40 am »

<3
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:29:48 am »

and what is the point of all the new items? in the end we will get them and then they will be nerfed.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:30:26 am »

well it looks like todays druid change still makes them mostly uesless. Skin of the drake lasts ~30 seconds, and about that to recast. that does little to help pulling. before the nerf-fest, with SotD i had nearly doubled the amount i could pull in t6, clearing the zone in just over an hour. Sure druids have some nice buffs. but what made them useful was 2 minutes of pulling. i guess i will go back to working on the zerker on that account.

and yes, i know Hunter's playground. he can change at will, do what he wants. It's that now with all these changes over last week, i hardly even want to log in anymore.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:39:58 am »

Is that 30 sec with extended benefits?

Keeze
Peign
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:04:17 am »

First, the Spirit of the Ninja is an awesome item and thank you Hunter for implementing it.  

However, to me the item was awesome as a duration buff.     There are a couple of reasons.

Number one, we have a plethora of clickies and a plethora of toons to manage at this point.   Being able to buff with a duration buff once every x minutes is helpful.      

Number two, there is a problem with aggro calculation in the DB.   Due to the huge values used in aggro generation (not sure why emu developers love large numbers) threat can and will roll over.   When this happens you do not have time to hit a clicky to save your toons.  (this can be offset I guess by clicking it continuously)  Talk to people in T8 about threat rolling over.  

Anyway,  I really liked Spirit of Ninja as a duration buff.   It is still an awesome item and thanks again for creating it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:13:05 am by Peign » Logged
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:26:06 am »

Thanks hate and hunter for working on these items! Always like seeing more reward items to give us additional goodies to try!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:29:22 am »

Spirit of the Ninja as buff was conflicting with Kraken and difficult for casters to use.

Now you can use Kraken, or play a caster, while still using Spirit of the Ninja via clicking. So its a win for Kraken users and for Casters. From the very beginning several players brought it to my attention of the possible abuse on the item, which I was fully aware of when I made it, and which is why I haven't put it on the reward NPC yet since I'm undecided about it. This item is a favorite of mine, and will likely stay as is for now.

If any of the new items I'm making some how end up making a player invincible 100% of the time, then yes they would be fixed.

For example, I've already made sure the new Divine Intervention Clickies don't stack with the Cleric buff, or else we'd have an immortal Cleric.

We already have super items like RoA, SoA, UC etc are extremely powerful and I haven't nerfed them, so there is no reason for hysteria just cause of recent fixes on other things. Enough trolling ok?

Spirit of the Drake was fixed by Hateborne, an update that I allowed. Its now 18 second song buff with 30 second recast. You'll probably need to do other stuff in addition to casting Skin of the Drake if you want to be an efficient Druid. If these changes make you not want to log in anymore, then don't let the door hit ya.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 09:38:32 am »

The goal on Drake was to remove it as a mass pull tool, and make it more a "stand and tank" assist?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 09:46:18 am »

Thanks for implementing Spirit of the Ninja, it is a great item.

Thanks Hunter and Hateborne for the fix to Skin of the Drake.   While it is indeed not as powerful as it was, it can still be very useful to avoid a wipe. 
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

Great work Hunter. Thanks.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 01:50:57 pm »

Definitely better than the previous nerf on Drake. Thank you! One idea: since duration is now 30 seconds could we possibly remove the X amount of hits and gone feature of the spell? Make the duration the ACTUAL duration?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 02:00:52 pm »

Definitely better than the previous nerf on Drake. Thank you! One idea: since duration is now 30 seconds could we possibly remove the X amount of hits and gone feature of the spell? Make the duration the ACTUAL duration?

This is doable. I'll get the query written and submitted this evening.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:33 pm »

Silly question. Any way possible to replace the dreadful druid effect to a drake effect for the raid with a fixed duration that always replenishes mana / stamina ? (Please don't kill me! )

I appreciate the fix, will defiantly help at least me with pulls in anguish!  Grin

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »

Thank you, Hate

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)