Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:33:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10-03-13  (Read 20327 times)
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 03:37:38 pm »

This is doable. I'll get the query written and submitted this evening.
I like this a lot.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 03:37:43 pm »

First, the Spirit of the Ninja is an awesome item and thank you Hunter for implementing it.  

However, to me the item was awesome as a duration buff.     There are a couple of reasons.

<omitted>   

Number two, there is a problem with aggro calculation in the DB.   Due to the huge values used in aggro generation (not sure why emu developers love large numbers) threat can and will roll over.   When this happens you do not have time to hit a clicky to save your toons.  (this can be offset I guess by clicking it continuously)  Talk to people in T8 about threat rolling over.  

Anyway,  I really liked Spirit of Ninja as a duration buff.   It is still an awesome item and thanks again for creating it.

Not trying to single you out, just correcting to the best of my knowledge to prevent the spread of misinformation. The Aggro Calculation is actually fairly well done for normal environments. It is in the actual code, which is C++. In EZ, we are NOT normal. Our explosively high damage is only countered by much more explosively high threat. The threat rollover is something that I'm well aware of (as is Hunter). We've been working hard to combat it. Nearly two years ago, the threat generating abilities were halved (or more in the anger augs' case). After that, when I added my first batch of spells, I started incorporating threat reduction and threat generation abilities. Due to ever increasing damage, we've been trying to keep the threat generation to containable levels. Obviously, it has had it's ups and downs.

Things fixed in the file I'm sending tonight:
  • Kraken I/II
  • Ancient Oak and Learned Decay stacking
  • Drake is now unlimited procs during the 18s uptime

Anything else?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »

Drake is not appearing in the song window, only the main buff bar ( noticed grudge from shm is the same) not sure if you wanted in main buffs or not?

Keeze
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 03:49:01 pm »

Forget what I said about grudge, just showed up now... my fault ! Roll Eyes

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 03:49:46 pm »

Drake is not appearing in the song window, only the main buff bar ( noticed grudge from shm is the same) not sure if you wanted in main buffs or not?

Intended. It's using the bard type buff duration, but that's irrelevant outside of dev. For players, it means that it shouldn't be affected by duration buffs/mods.

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 03:59:56 pm »

Ahh my fault again !  Roll Eyes

Keeze
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 04:13:52 pm »

Kraken I/II
    Ancient Oak and Learned Decay stacking
    Drake is now unlimited procs during the 18s uptime

Anything else?

Yea this is pretty minor but can you make the buff icon from clicky warrior 2hander 7.0 (Kreljnok's Sword of Defense Epic 7.0 ID = 131049) the same as the other buff icons from 2h warrior epics 4.0-6.0. The desired icon is a shield.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 04:18:40 pm »

Yea this is pretty minor but can you make the buff icon from clicky warrior 2hander 7.0 (Kreljnok's Sword of Defense Epic 7.0 ID = 131049) the same as the other buff icons from 2h warrior epics 4.0-6.0. The desired icon is a shield.

Done.

-Hate

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 04:20:37 pm »

oh also 1 more thing sorry lol. What did we determine about the chest with shield wall in t6: is that intentional? I know you can dispel it but was wondering if you guys meant to change it.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

oh also 1 more thing sorry lol. What did we determine about the chest with shield wall in t6: is that intentional? I know you can dispel it but was wondering if you guys meant to change it.

Hulkpunch, email (hateborne@gmail.com) or PM the item name, id, and/or screenshot.

-Hate

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

Hulkpunch, email (hateborne@gmail.com) or PM the item name, id, and/or screenshot.

-Hate
He's referring to the Treasure chest (not armor you wear) that spawn after defeating OOM at the end of T6. it has a stonewall/shield wall on it, that suddenly appeared with one of the source code updates.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »

-Hate
He's referring to the Treasure chest (not armor you wear) that spawn after defeating OOM at the end of T6. it has a stonewall/shield wall on it, that suddenly appeared with one of the source code updates.

OH! That. I'll see what I can do.

-Hate

Peign
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »

First, the Spirit of the Ninja is an awesome item and thank you Hunter for implementing it.  

However, to me the item was awesome as a duration buff.     There are a couple of reasons.

<omitted>   

Number two, there is a problem with aggro calculation in the DB.   Due to the huge values used in aggro generation (not sure why emu developers love large numbers) threat can and will roll over.   When this happens you do not have time to hit a clicky to save your toons.  (this can be offset I guess by clicking it continuously)  Talk to people in T8 about threat rolling over.  

Anyway,  I really liked Spirit of Ninja as a duration buff.   It is still an awesome item and thanks again for creating it.

Not trying to single you out, just correcting to the best of my knowledge to prevent the spread of misinformation. The Aggro Calculation is actually fairly well done for normal environments. It is in the actual code, which is C++. In EZ, we are NOT normal. Our explosively high damage is only countered by much more explosively high threat. The threat rollover is something that I'm well aware of (as is Hunter). We've been working hard to combat it. Nearly two years ago, the threat generating abilities were halved (or more in the anger augs' case). After that, when I added my first batch of spells, I started incorporating threat reduction and threat generation abilities. Due to ever increasing damage, we've been trying to keep the threat generation to containable levels. Obviously, it has had it's ups and downs.

• Kraken I/II
  • Ancient Oak and Learned Decay stacking
  • Drake is now unlimited procs during the 18s uptime

Anything else?

-Hate

Not sure that it is misinformation.   I guess you are saying that the C++ code is fine.   Sure, I've not read all the C++ so have no idea.     

The root cause however is that the value of the threat is too high and thus rolls over.   Same happens with dmg (aka rogue BS dmg).    The values being dealt with are too large.  You could multiply HP, DMG and Threat by .01 (or some number that makes sense) and reduce all those values to manageable numbers.   Natedog experimented with this on his test server the other night and was able to get threat down to a manageable level... top threat in a fight was 5000 vice some uberridiculouslylargenumber.    It is definitely doable for threat.      This would probably save headaches in the long term as HP, DMG and Threat will continue to grow with each tier.

In the end it is all just bits and bytes, recalculate the threat to a manageable level.   Same can apply to HP and DMG.   
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 06:43:35 pm »

Not sure that it is misinformation.   I guess you are saying that the C++ code is fine.   Sure, I've not read all the C++ so have no idea.    

The root cause however is that the value of the threat is too high and thus rolls over.   Same happens with dmg (aka rogue BS dmg).    The values being dealt with are too large.  You could multiply HP, DMG and Threat by .01 (or some number that makes sense) and reduce all those values to manageable numbers.   Natedog experimented with this on his test server the other night and was able to get threat down to a manageable level... top threat in a fight was 5000 vice some uberridiculouslylargenumber.    It is definitely doable for threat.      This would probably save headaches in the long term as HP, DMG and Threat will continue to grow with each tier.

In the end it is all just bits and bytes, recalculate the threat to a manageable level.   Same can apply to HP and DMG.    

True, but the only kick with that is any C++ code mods require manual re-entry EVERY time the source is updated. I've already created too damn many extra steps for Hunter just by adding spells. C++ is also a bit less forgiving then SQL. In a nutshell, if it has to be manually added each time...it's likely to be too much work to keep up with in the long term.

I had considered adding in a threat manipulating timer to one of the globals. Essentially every 30 seconds, reduce the entire hate list by 25-35%. It's an issue at the moment, but I'm just working my way back into the server.

-Hate
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:51:44 pm by hateborne » Logged

Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 07:11:03 pm »

your awesome Hate, thanks for all the work lately!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)