Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:29:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kraken Changes  (Read 5643 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:41:22 am »

Why were changes made to the kraken line of spells when it's been fine for years?

Keeze
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:00:51 pm »

For some reason Spirit of the Kraken 1 and 2 ... are both proccing... "Bind Sight"  ... lol

I don't even see Spirit of the Kraken Maw in the spell file hmm

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:02:15 pm »

For some reason Spirit of the Kraken 1 and 2 ... are both proccing... "Bind Sight"  ... lol

I don't even see Spirit of the Kraken Maw in the spell file hmm

/blame Hateborne
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:05:36 pm »

I lied... I see Kraken Maw and Kraken Maw II  (i thought they were "spirit of the kraken maw")  ... but the actual buff is set to proc bind sight which is pretty funny Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:45 pm »

Why were changes made to the kraken line of spells when it's been fine for years?

It was conflicting with Spirit of the Ninja originally, so Hunter changed the buff line to work with Ninja. After some bartering, Ninja was changed and I suggest a stronger version of Kraken that wasn't just lazy damage all the time.

As the bind sight, LOL that was both of our faults. I asked him to bump the proc rate and gave him the code to adjust the wrong field. Sorry sorry sorry.

Anyway Expletus, the new Kraken is a 6min cooldown that does 25k base damage procs for 12 (before extensions) seconds. Kraken II does 100k base damage procs for 12 seconds (again before mods).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 03:04:53 pm »

I do not like the change made to Ninja clickie...in T8 it will not keep your toons from eating it on a agro roll over.  It did before (since it was a buff that stayed on you) now if you hotkey it you may only loose one or two alts on an agro roll over....wish I knew a thing or two about coding to help you guys because the way things are currently is bleh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:56 pm »

I do not like the change made to Ninja clickie...in T8 it will not keep your toons from eating it on a agro roll over.  It did before (since it was a buff that stayed on you) now if you hotkey it you may only loose one or two alts on an agro roll over....wish I knew a thing or two about coding to help you guys because the way things are currently is bleh

The way it was before, it was yet another proc, and it trivialized threat generation completely. There are threat augs going into play soon that stack with the threat reduction buffs. These should still work with the threat reducing abilities.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 03:50:08 pm »

Yeah but I was under the impression that Hunter really was chomping at the bit for this Ninja Star item (and in its original form it was awesome).  Aggro is a non issue pre-ToV...but is a completely different monster once you make it into T8.  It use to be an issue in T6, when that zone first came out, but once you were able to considerably increase your dps...it negated the roll over.  Warriors can hold agro fine as long as your not having to take a large amount of time killing the frigging mob  Tongue  And threat reduction is great if you aren't having toons flattened by mobs who will kill them once agro is off (even for a moment) the meat shield.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:52:32 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

I lied... I see Kraken Maw and Kraken Maw II  (i thought they were "spirit of the kraken maw")  ... but the actual buff is set to proc bind sight which is pretty funny Smiley

Epic fail of the week.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:47 pm »

why the sudden change to kraken in the first place? how long has it been the same?I know its been able to be vendor bought for a mil pp on for a long time.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:40:08 pm »

why the sudden change to kraken in the first place? how long has it been the same?I know its been able to be vendor bought for a mil pp on for a long time.

Was conflicting with Spirit of the Ninja which is now a click instead of buff, and Kraken is getting reverted.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678