Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:32:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PVP & Arena  (Read 13524 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:29 pm »

ya, EQ pvp is way unbalanced but it is always fun to find tricks and stuff to show people that skill sometimes > unbalanced stuff

Reminds me of a couple people i remember from somewhere else. Meso (necro) and Dymon (shaman) always hunting and attempting to kill eachother. Was a good spectacle. Shamans are much different on that server however

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »

I think some kind of PvP aspect may be fun on this server, but I also think that it may not be that fun though with boxed people. Is there even a way to limit a zone to 1 ip?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 03:54:21 pm »

boxing and pvp would be a bit harder than boxing regular mobs. most people dont respond to hate proc augs =p
Also i imagine they would go for healers first.

besides, dont need to box when you have a ranger *shrug*

qualin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 05:28:07 pm »

Rangers aren't the end all in pvp, lol.  It's a very arguable topic.

I played in Vallon Zek on live.  I knew what fights to pick, and which to run from.  Shadow Knights were the bane of my existence.  I'd fight em, in the hopes that their DT was down, if not....the second I got to 75% life, boom...dead.

Rangers could be annoying, especially to casters, but not so much to plate classes.  Except for bard, ranger was about the only thing that could even put a dent in a bard's quick ass.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 05:31:17 pm »

Rangers aren't the end all in pvp, lol.  It's a very arguable topic.

Well i mean for here in particular. And i know for a fact you can put out some dmg Qualin =p I've seen those like 10k+ crits in PoD.

Jump in the arena, go to a wall where no one is really paying to much mind to you in all the confusion and pick them all off. Casters would be quick work, Warrior marginally more difficult

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 05:34:17 pm »

I'm sure though putting a lvl 69 cap on or 60 or something wouldn't make a ranger so tough. I personally think if there was a cap for the pvp it should be 50 or so that AA's woulnt be active (well the majority of them) etc... and Would help the balance a little more. Although I think with a 50 cap on mages would dominate. So I don't really know but there would need to be a cap for sure before lvl 70
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 06:16:44 pm »

Perhaps an npc similar to roa that makes sure you are nekkid, delevels you to 50, gives you balanced pvp gear and sends you to the pvp zone?
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »

Honestly, it would be awesome to have 2 flavors or arena.  Level 50 arena, and level 69 arena.  I could farm all that wonderful gear I always wanted to pvp with lol. 

Velious / Kunark gear, and Luclin / PoP gear.

Both require different tactics.

Heck....even a Level 20 Arena LoL
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 10:49:32 pm »

i used to do something like this on a WoW emu server where you could do something like level 19 and 39 pvp.

Made it not very fun because there were like 100 guides on how to have the best gear possible and everyone showed up maxed out in everything - folks like me who just wanted to show up to fight... didn't matter if those low level pvp fights were about skill not gear, its ALWAYS about gear in the end.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187