Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 03:07:10 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas (updated 11/4)  (Read 29624 times)
Peign
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »

As Dim said, team up and you should be able to clear T7 in < 4 hrs np.    12 hours is waaaaaaay too long and would break the design of the zone.   Clear a mob group and have a potential to start a boss chain.   SD mobs start popping in cleared areas after 1.5 hours.     There needs to be a challenge,  5 hours tops.  

It can be done easily in 4 hours.    Definitely does feel a bit rushed but doable.     Team up and you can do it in 2 hours.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:56:38 pm by Peign » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 04:00:04 pm »

As Dim said, team up and you should be able to clear T7 in < 4 hrs np.    12 hours is waaaaaaay too long and would break the design of the zone.   Clear a mob group and have a potential to start a boss chain.   SD mobs start popping in cleared areas after 1.5 hours.     There needs to be a challenge,  5 hours tops.  

It can be done easily in 4 hours.    Definitely does feel a bit rushed but doable.     Team up and you can do it in 2 hours.

I will make note, if I have to team up with some overgeared to blast me through it, that isn't fun nor helpful. If it's easily done in 4h by gear-appropiate players, then that's probably fine. If I can only make that 4h mark getting some elite player in, then it's probably not ok.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »

It isn't obsolete content and don't have to the clear the entire zone to get named mobs anyhow, I don't see why it needs to be dumbed down at all. If you want to clear the zone and can't do it before respawn then clear with other people, there should be plenty of folks with similar time constraints that would be happy to help. If you can't put enough time in to do content the way it was designed then ask for help or add more dps toons.

And before you claim that it doesn't make it any easier, why all the fuss over it?  Because it makes it much easier to move around the zone when mobs aren't in the way from point a to point b. Protip, you can move a character between any of the camps in the zone without aggroing mobs if you avoid traps.

To address Hate's concern, yes it can easily be done by 2 or 3 groups of appropriately geared players in the 4 hour Window.

*edited to 4 hour window, inadvertently put in 2
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:39:35 pm by Dimur » Logged
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

With both groups (1 grp 7.0's strike 9s and the other 6p0's strike 8s) we (Nesh and I) can't clear it all the way in 4 hours.

My vote for T7 repop would be 5-6 hours.

I find it kinda ridiculous that t6 is a three-day respop and t7 is four hour.

Anyone that's clearing it fast and wants repops can call the waypoint.

Just my opinion
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 04:22:56 pm »

12 hours is waaaaaaay too long and would break the design of the zone

Break the design of the zone.. what does that even mean lol. There are no negative consequences for increasing the respawn time to 12 hours. Make zones challenging for the encounters, do not require players to sit at the computer for consecutive hours to beat respawns; the argument is simple.

28 hours... Give people two evening sittings to clear it.
Its a good idea but with server reset killing triggered mobs I do not think this would work.
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 04:28:22 pm »

Huh? Increasing the respawn timer in T7 is not making the game easier, its just removing the current stupid in the zone. The game should not be setup so someone has to sit at there computer for 4hours straight to effectively clear the zone. Anguish is not setup like that. ToV is not setup like that. A 12 hour respawn time or 8 hour respawn time even just makes sense because it gives plenty of time for players to clear mobs, kill bosses, and afk if need be which is completely understandable in an hour window. Given the size of T7 and the amount of mobs in the zone its just something that makes sense.

Beating the respawn is half the challenge in T7, increasing the respawn time makes the game easier. As it is now T7 seems very well tuned to me. It is possible to gear your entire crew yourself without ever even having to kill 90% of the zone. 4 hours is more than enough time to kill ~40 mobs so what's the problem? At the same time it rewards cooperation very well and that cooperation makes the zone waaay more fun and way less tedious.

I see no reason to implement a change that would do nothing but increase the number of  players sitting by themselves in their instances.

Quote from: Hulkpunch
Break the design of the zone.. what does that even mean lol. There are no negative consequences for increasing the respawn time to 12 hours. Make zones challenging for the encounters, do not require players to sit at the computer for consecutive hours to beat respawns; the argument is simple.
Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Like I said you can gear every class with every item from the zone without ever clearing the majority of it. The respawn timer is part of the challenge, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others dislike it as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:30:02 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Peign
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 05:00:09 pm »

Make zones challenging for the encounters, do not require players to sit at the computer for consecutive hours to beat respawns; the argument is simple.

Have at it

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WindowsServerSetupGuide
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 05:02:13 pm »

oh stop it dont be dramatic.

Beating the respawn is half the challenge in T7, increasing the respawn time makes the game easier. As it is now T7 seems very well tuned to me. It is possible to gear your entire crew yourself without ever even having to kill 90% of the zone. 4 hours is more than enough time to kill ~40 mobs so what's the problem? At the same time it rewards cooperation very well and that cooperation makes the zone waaay more fun and way less tedious.

I see no reason to implement a change that would do nothing but increase the number of  players sitting by themselves in their instances.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Like I said you can gear every class with every item from the zone without ever clearing the majority of it. The respawn timer is part of the challenge, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others dislike it as well.

/facepalm. Donno why players are arguing for not changing something that wont have any negative impact on the game. Clearing a zone before repops as a challenge... really? lol. So basically youre arguing for players sitting at their computer for consecutive hours. Not really a realistic challenge for a lot of people. The only thing that takes anytime in t7 is killing all the triggers: I can clear the zone in 45mins but killing all the spawn cycles even with coth bots is the time sink of t7.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:12:29 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 05:09:05 pm »

Can you clarify the issue a bit for me?

I have always just killed random mobs until a bat spawns, and that's how I geared myself. With random luck I would have from 1-4 bats in an hour. Between traps and random kills I found myself with a constant supply of boss chains.

I guess I just enjoy the randomness of the zone over obsessing over the guaranteed path.

I haven't done t7 in a couple months, so if things were changed then just ignore my comment.
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 05:23:24 pm »

No sarcasm or rudeness in this comment. The server you're looking for is called The Hidden Forest. The server is all about encounter mechanics. Problem is, once you beat it, you're waiting on new content. That's why I came to EZ from THF; I never run out of things to do here.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

Chuckles

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Peign
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 05:55:22 pm »

I can clear the zone in 45mins but killing all the spawn cycles even with coth bots is the time sink of t7.

Then whats the problem?    You can make really neat zones if you follow the link I posted. 

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 06:05:10 pm »

Chuckles
Hail, Blue con.
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »

hulkpuch just mad he cant buy everything in game to progress =(....QQ more!
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 07:19:54 pm »

hehe i miss u fugitive come back to us
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6143
  • Latest: Toluene