Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:46:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Super Typhoon  (Read 35897 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:48 am »

We're expecting a Super Typhoon to hit here over next few days, with category/signal #4.

Just in case I seem MIA power and/or internet might go out.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/11/06/1253445/brace-super-typhoon-yolanda-pagasa

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/519807/20131106/philippines-typhoon-haiyan-regions-alert-hurricane-bohol.htm#.Unn4-BDHhoY

I'm still here for EZ Server, just spending some time to relax with family, play some video games, etc. New content on EZ Server comes in spurts, as you can see in the update category in forums here. I haven't abandoned anything as some trolls might like others to believe. Will continue to run updates from Hateborne, double loot weekends, add/fix content, etc.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:11:55 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:14:15 am »

Glad to hear it, Hunter....and glad to hear you're taking time with family. We'll be here when ya get back!

And good luck with the storm! I remember those well from my time there....nothing to joke about.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:16:40 am »

Looks like its going to be a category 5 Super Typhoon with gusting winds at 315 km/h.

I know we have a strong house, but worried if we have to take anyone in during the storm. Many neighbors have wooden houses that would easily flatten.

http://typhoonstormwatch2012.blogspot.com/

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:17:22 am »

Good luck Hunter.  Hopeyou stay safe.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:26:14 am »

I got my camcorder ready Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:10 am »

Well that's a good attitude, I couldn't live in an area with such crazy weather, be it hurricane zones, or typhoons, or earthquakes.

The occasional blizzard is bad enough.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:23 am »

You get used to it, oddly enough. I got used to earthquakes when I lived in California and Japan (after coming to realize that the bed wasnt shaking because I was possessed), and got used to hurricanes while living on the Gulf, and tornadoes in the midwest.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:42:43 am »

have you ever thought about moving? Just seems like natural disaster after natural disaster over there  Sad
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 11:59:49 am »

I got my camcorder ready Smiley

Just saying.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:22 pm »

Yeah, people sort of do get used to natural disasters, and manage.

After the earthquake, we had 5.0 aftershocks twice a day for a week, and sort of just got used to it. I just tell myself the first one (7.2) was the biggest, so during the aftershock no need to panic.

Its hard to live any where in the world without possibility of disaster. Even northern states have their fun of getting snowed in. Philippines is where family is, and its cheap to live here.

At least I got a nice location several hundred feet above sea level. Its the people living near the ocean that are going to probably come up the hill towards where we live for shelter.

Thousands of families are still displaced from that 7.2 earthquake, and have no where to live due to their houses getting destroyed. Many of them now living in tents, and have no where to go for the incoming Typhoon.

Heading to the city soon here to get some supplies before the storm hits. Going to need extra food that doesn't require refridgeration, and we recharged all our flashlights.

My wife says last time something this bad came by, was back in 1984. Just like the northeast in United States, just got hit by a rare hurricane recently. Hurricanes are more common in FL several times a year, and very rare in NY. In the Philippines its very common for Manila to get hit by Typhoons but our location in the center is pretty rare to get hit so hard, usually just tropical storm.

Pretty soon it'll be back to work for me, dealing with black ice and tornadoes. I make the best of it with my camera Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:05 pm »

Did my shopping for food and supplies in the city. Was like trying to shop on Black Friday, very crowded.

All along the main road to/from the city, people were cutting off the tree branches to protect their houses and power lines.

We had to trim 2 coconut trees as well to prevent them from breaking our power lines.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 04:59:51 am »

Stay safe Hunter! If you really do get video.. make sure to post it Smiley

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 06:25:31 am »

Going to hit in about 12 hours from now, 9am local time.

Seems we're going to get lucky on its current path, in the 40 mph wind range.

Was already category 5 out at sea, but is starting to weaken now too. Will be category 2-4 depending on location hit.

Was expecting power outages from downed trees on power lines, so I bought some rechargeable flashlights for whole family here. Many were very thankful as they are too poor to even afford to buy one, and the ones they already had were broken.

I'm partially feeling disappointed, was hoping for some video of 200 mph winds outside my front door, but then again I rather not go a week without power and air condition so its all good Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 06:50:17 am »

Use your trusty druid Wake of Karana...always makes for a nice sunny day for me
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 07:06:12 am »

Use your trusty druid Wake of Karana...always makes for a nice sunny day for me

I woke up once and the room was dark. So I was fumbling around trying to find my DE Mask Clickie so I could illusion dark elf and see in the dark. After a bit, I finally realized I was IRL and not in game.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678