Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:29:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Spell inks  (Read 11027 times)
arya1

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2013, 08:42:00 am »

I'm past t5 so this is not an issue for me, but why do spell inks only drop in tiers 5 and above? It makes no sense to me that you have to go to t5 before you can most or the majority of your lower tier spells.

The velium of each tier is no drop, so it's not like you can get a t7 spell if you are t2.

It makes more sense to me to get the spell in the actual tier, than to have to get it after you have passed it. I don't know how others feel about it, but I feel it's unnecessary for new players.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:21:17 am »

I'm past t5 so this is not an issue for me, but why do spell inks only drop in tiers 5 and above? It makes no sense to me that you have to go to t5 before you can most or the majority of your lower tier spells.

The velium of each tier is no drop, so it's not like you can get a t7 spell if you are t2.

It makes more sense to me to get the spell in the actual tier, than to have to get it after you have passed it. I don't know how others feel about it, but I feel it's unnecessary for new players.

This isn't the case. You spent 2-5x the time in T5 so it SEEMS like you are getting more. The drop rates were set based on a back and forth between Hunter and I.

They can drop in other tiers, just slightly less common. T5 is when the drop rate tops out. From T5+, it should be at the highest possible drop rate for them.

This was done in an attempt to prevent over saturation of inks on the market and so god-tiers could faceroll t1/t2 for free inks.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:32:08 am »

So you're saying they do drop in tiers below tier 5?

I would disagree that I spent most time in t5 since I just did UW 1 and 2 recently and im currently doing UW3/4 and I've never seen a single ink drop. People probably spend less time in the zones than those doing UW so it's sort of ridiculous if the drop rate is that low.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »

I would venture a guess, that something is bugged then.

I don't think anyone has ever gotten inks outside of T5+ zones.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

I wasn't aware that the current drop rates handicapped lower tier players and didn't allow for them to get their spells.  I'm guessing this is either because people who are actually progressing instead of shotgunning their way through buying their gear and upgrades spend enough time in the zones consuming the content that they see the spells that they need and that's why you don't see people bitching about it in /ooc OR the multitude of players that are being stonewalled by the lack of drop rates for their spells have all quit because of their frustration.  Without any sort of relevant data to back it up, I'm gonna say it's because people do in fact NOT have to go to T5 before they get the majority of their lower tier spells.  If they want their spells, they can spend the time in the tier appropriate zones they need their spells from or they can buy their inks in the bazaar or even /gasp, ask in the /auction channel.  Regardless of whether the inks are supposed to be dropping in sub T5 zones, I don't think this is even remotely broken.

Before spell research was implemented, everyone either farmed their spells or went without.  Now you have the option to farm or buy the components from those who have them.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:56:38 pm »

Spell researching was implemented as a way for higher tier players to go back and get those spells they missed in lower tiers without having to farm the content.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 02:43:42 pm »

Spell researching was implemented as a way for higher tier players to go back and get those spells they missed in lower tiers without having to farm the content.

Sorry friend, but no I didn't design it as such. It was an alternative to those seeking this or that spell. The BIGGEST reason this project got started was that gd T3 nuke for mages. After several hundred tokens over ~2 years, I've seen one drop.

It is an alternative to spending 100h farming 1 spell.

-Hate

arya1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

Let me first say that many new people including myself are unaware that spells can be made. Indeed, it wasn't until t5 when I first saw a spell ink that I did research into it as to what they were. To go through gearing 6 chars up to t5 and not see one spell ink seems ridiculous to me. Even if a spell ink were to drop there was no guarantee it was for the class i needed. I thought the spell recipes were bugged because they did not mention a spell ink, so i was combining with the other recipe ingredients to no avail.

Not only did I gear the 6 chars, but like i said I also spent a considerable amount of time getting my UW1 and UW2. Not one spell ink dropped. To tell me that I was unlucky is absurd. Either they don't drop there or the drop rate is so low, it's cringe worthy.

I don't agree that higher tiers will steamroll t1/t2 for inks since like I stated before inks are so plentiful that it's not a big deal.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 05:45:51 pm »

Let me first say that many new people including myself are unaware that spells can be made. Indeed, it wasn't until t5 when I first saw a spell ink that I did research into it as to what they were. To go through gearing 6 chars up to t5 and not see one spell ink seems ridiculous to me. Even if a spell ink were to drop there was no guarantee it was for the class i needed. I thought the spell recipes were bugged because they did not mention a spell ink, so i was combining with the other recipe ingredients to no avail.

Not only did I gear the 6 chars, but like i said I also spent a considerable amount of time getting my UW1 and UW2. Not one spell ink dropped. To tell me that I was unlucky is absurd. Either they don't drop there or the drop rate is so low, it's cringe worthy.

I don't agree that higher tiers will steamroll t1/t2 for inks since like I stated before inks are so plentiful that it's not a big deal.

See below:

I wasn't aware that the current drop rates handicapped lower tier players and didn't allow for them to get their spells.  I'm guessing this is either because people who are actually progressing instead of shotgunning their way through buying their gear and upgrades spend enough time in the zones consuming the content that they see the spells that they need and that's why you don't see people bitching about it in /ooc OR the multitude of players that are being stonewalled by the lack of drop rates for their spells have all quit because of their frustration.  Without any sort of relevant data to back it up, I'm gonna say it's because people do in fact NOT have to go to T5 before they get the majority of their lower tier spells.  If they want their spells, they can spend the time in the tier appropriate zones they need their spells from or they can buy their inks in the bazaar or even /gasp, ask in the /auction channel.  Regardless of whether the inks are supposed to be dropping in sub T5 zones, I don't think this is even remotely broken.

Before spell research was implemented, everyone either farmed their spells or went without.  Now you have the option to farm or buy the components from those who have them.

The spell research system is a backup (albeit expensive) method for those that cannot simply afford to farm anymore and need a spell(s) so they might be able to move on with their progression.

I will revisit the rates eventually, but I'm simply doing too much at the moment to resolve it before Jan.

-Hate

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »

Devil's Advocate to this is once you get to T5+ and break into the next tier, you will be able to buy out every spell instead of hunting them down as you progress.  I do.

FREE TIP: all inks are being sold in Bazaar by various players.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

I'll go one step further...if you have made it to t5 and have not spent enough time on forums(kinda necessary as lots of info on t5 is posted on forums too) to see the spell recipes which is right near the spell AND server file links......I think that is all that really needs to be pointed out.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »

Wait....more than 8 players read the forums??

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 07:58:50 pm »

I always have inks for sale for pretty dirt cheap. If you ask me in game I'd give them to you b/c they take up space but for some reason I cannot destroy them. I hope some BLs read this b/c I need to get rid of those. As for the drop rates are there really and spells below T3 that you really need once you get higher tiered that don't drop constantly?
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »

Sorry friend, but no I didn't design it as such. It was an alternative to those seeking this or that spell. The BIGGEST reason this project got started was that gd T3 nuke for mages. After several hundred tokens over ~2 years, I've seen one drop.

It is an alternative to spending 100h farming 1 spell.

-Hate

Sorry, I read that in ooc. my bad. It does beg the question asked in another thread that if it is intended as an alternate to farming, then why are we not allowed to research in T8? I am done with my spells there but there are others who are interested. Sorry to steer this thing off topic.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439