Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:24:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thank you Hunter!  (Read 7633 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:03:05 pm »

Just wanted to say how much we all appreciate you starting double loot when you knew you could be on....especially when I'm sure you have a ton of other things to deal with. If we dont get the chance, H, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I for one am very thankful you came out of the storms....well, relatively unscathed.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:39:44 am »

Thanks H.
Saphien

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:43:37 am »

Agreed!

This is a great place and we all really appreciate the work you and others put into it. It's fantastic to use to unwind after a hard day at work.

Happy Thanksgiving to Hunter, the rest of the EZ Admin team, and everyone else! Smiley
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:19:59 pm »

Thank you again for double loot, Hunter! And please dont think I am bitching, because I know there aint much you can do about it....but lag was god awful this weekend. Worse I have seen since Halloween 2012. A ton of afk people in various zones, including one band from a guild I wont name that seemed to spend all Sunday in the Casters Guild pit doing nothing but saying "buffs" and "fireblade v2" every 5 minutes. Maybe we could get the AFK timer back during DLW's serverwide? Dont know. Or is that why they were doing the "buffs" script? Regardless, kind of shitty of em IMO. If you arent gonna play, get off during DLW. Believe me.....I am the king of AFK, but during DLW if I am going to be gone more than a few minutes I log off.

Anyway, /soapbox off. Thanks again H!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:47:20 pm »

I think the greatest stress comes from zoning. All these folks zoning into and out of areas, instances, etc. also succor.
Peign
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »

I would agree, the issue is most likely zoning.    12-24 toons all zoning at once definitely adds lag.  You can see it in Nexus, ToV, pretty much anywhere where people are zoning their whole armies frequently.  

Thanks for the DLW Hunter!
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 02:14:03 am »

....but lag was god awful this weekend.
I played like 30 hours this weekend and experienced zero lag.  Not one issue outside of the usual Nexus. 
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 08:16:28 am »

Strange. Except for Friday (known nationwide issue) my net speed was pretty stable, and normal....but lag was horrendous. Same for all my guildies, and pretty much everyone I saw in OOC.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 08:21:34 am »

....but lag was god awful this weekend.
I played like 30 hours this weekend and experienced zero lag.  Not one issue outside of the usual Nexus. 

Same here.. only had lag in Nexus Smiley

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

Thank you again for double loot, Hunter! And please dont think I am bitching, because I know there aint much you can do about it....but lag was god awful this weekend. Worse I have seen since Halloween 2012. A ton of afk people in various zones, including one band from a guild I wont name that seemed to spend all Sunday in the Casters Guild pit doing nothing but saying "buffs" and "fireblade v2" every 5 minutes. Maybe we could get the AFK timer back during DLW's serverwide? Dont know. Or is that why they were doing the "buffs" script? Regardless, kind of shitty of em IMO. If you arent gonna play, get off during DLW. Believe me.....I am the king of AFK, but during DLW if I am going to be gone more than a few minutes I log off.

Anyway, /soapbox off. Thanks again H!

I suspect that may have been my toons standing around in the casters guild.  My kid had a very bad seizure attack that Sunday and I just left the keyboard and had to run.  We ended up at the hospital and I didn't get back till next day, if they died they would have ended up back at the casters guild lobby, and they are set to ask for buffs every 6.5 min to refresh the 7min avatar buff.
So firstly, sorry for the afk lag,  believe me I would have much rather been playing than hanging out at the hospital.  And secondly, does anyone know how to make a mq2 command to ask for buff with a keypress instead of a timer?  All my attempts have ended up with everyone trying to get buffs from my main toons pet rather than there own.

Edit: was missing the noparse, so /noparse /bcaa //tar ${Me.Pet.CleanName}  followed by whatever will work.   Thanks again to Maslow and Felony for the help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:32:00 pm by gagem » Logged
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 04:50:05 pm »

Hope your kid's doing better!

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

Hope your kid's doing better!

Yes, much.  Thanks for asking Smiley  She has many special needs, even at age 9 I can never get used to seeing her all twisted in full on seizure mode though Sad

G
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061