Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:56:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Bard Song Suggestion  (Read 7637 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:59 am »

Any chance there could be a T5 song created that buffs heroic buffs significantly? Can mix and match like the old ones or make one song for all buffs. I think it would help while getting some toons their buffs to keep them alive and breaking into new content.

Ideas?

Keeze
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »

Might be a good idea, and encourage EVERYONE to box a Bard in every group, just like in the days on Live when people used Bards in ToV Live.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

Buff heroics buffs?

There are new bard songs coming, War March and Psalm of Veeshan type things soon. What heroic buffs? Do you mean heroics stats? If so, those do not exist as spell effects to my knowledge.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 02:51:14 pm »

Yes the heroic stats. Or some way to raise the base stats to help with the "gearing up" process of resists. I figured the easiest way would be through bard songs to make them even more desired in a group setting. Btw, i love my bard so this isn't a complaint type deal.

Keeze
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 03:08:27 pm »

Just looking through the eqemu site. Only thing I see is how to buff base stats with a database modification which has Natedogg posting on it Smiley Maybe he knows if it can be done ?  Grin

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:22:35 pm »

Just looking through the eqemu site. Only thing I see is how to buff base stats with a database modification which has Natedogg posting on it Smiley Maybe he knows if it can be done ?  Grin

That's not quite the same thing. Modifying stat caps has nothing to do with spell effects. The actual spell effect to modify heroics stats simply does not exist ...yet.

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 06:11:51 pm »

I know it's not the same thing. I was simply stating maybe, if there was a way, he might know. I would imagine it does exist since you can create items with those stats, it's just not well known or undiscovered.

I dunno, wishful thinking.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 06:20:21 pm »

I know it's not the same thing. I was simply stating maybe, if there was a way, he might know. I would imagine it does exist since you can create items with those stats, it's just not well known or undiscovered.

I dunno, wishful thinking.

Again, items and spell effects are NOT the same thing. Imagine it like legos (item stats) and kinex (spell effects). They can work well together, but they won't exactly "connect" and you cannot build the exact same thing on both. :-)

-Hate

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 06:53:42 pm »

On live, there were Shammy buffs that would take you past the cap on stats, not the same thing?
Peign
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 07:01:56 pm »

There are resist augs in ToFS.   What is wrong with people putting in the time to get their HR resists up in TOFS?    I do not see that as any different as getting resist gear in old school EQ to get your resists to X level before you could be allowed to join a raid in ToV etc.   I think I remember having to get like 200 resists or something (may be wrong my memory is fading) to get into ToV. 

Same applies here.  Your resists need to be X before you can effectively do <insert zone here>.       The model in place seems pretty solid.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 07:06:12 pm »

Higher tier zones are going to require more and more resist too, so what was good in T8 won't be good in T9 or T10.

T9 is easy for now though, only Shamans cast, animals and insects don't.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 07:07:25 pm »

On live, there were Shammy buffs that would take you past the cap on stats, not the same thing?

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/common/spdat.h

That's raising the stat cap, not the resist cap. Even so, raising the stat cap is NOT the same as a heroic stat. Lastly, heroic stats or raised stat caps are NOT resists. :-)

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 07:42:42 pm »

The point being two fold.

1) Allow an easier progression for boxes to get geared up resist w/out them dieing to aoe's (think of the rampage change)

2) Add more utility to bards, not saying they are not good but add to their toolbox

That was my thinking.

Keeze
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

To my knowledge there is no "heroic stats" buff.  Heroic stats work slightly different .. for example heroic dexterity adds to parry chance MUCH more significantly than normal dexterity.

You can however use a spell buff to raise the cap of any stat in the game, but like Hateborne said its not really "heroic" stats but they do help.

Raising the stat cap is only a database change now.. but I don't think that would be a good idea on EZ unless there was some custom source to modify how mitigation works otherwise people would become gods.  (current mitigation in source is wonky)

But... back to the main point... you could raise the stat cap of every single stat.. using EffectID 262 .. however the difference is hard to notice unless it raised the cap by a lot Smiley

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 05:35:27 am »

I do agree that bards do need a little more use in their song selection. I mean I'm only in t5 running tempest 3 as it seems to be the only good song. I don't know beyond that but it'd be nice to see more bard songs that add use to the group like a spell damage boost outside of the epic click or a healing bonus spell, either or without being gamebreaking would be cool to see
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 201