Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:27:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: IG pet / SM pet  (Read 9668 times)
arya1

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:16:07 pm »

I strongly believe that there should be a reasonable way for players to create either one of these pets. I was lucky because I started a little before halloween on this server and I got IG pet on all the classes I need to. But of course not everyone starts before halloween. it doesn't necessarily even have to be the same items, but some way to make up for the loss of mitigation they face w/o it.

Mitigation is so important for tanking that I don't believe it should be something that is so exclusive. I realize that you can buy it from the EZ vendor, but I don't think the price is fair given that people were rotting them during halloween.  I have no problem in having things that are exclusive to halloween such as the dark mount V, or the CT dt clicky etc but I don't think it's fair to limit such an important item to overall general gameplay to one time a year.

There is no doubt there are many elitists on this server who already have IG pets on every one of their chars who will disagree with me. But I will keep trying to make it a better place for new players since I only log in now a days to help them and that is a problem they face.
Peign
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »

1/2 price ez vendor is in a few days.   Everyone can get one then.    Many people got one before halloween.  
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:01:17 pm by Peign » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 07:28:30 pm »

Friend, I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've stated this.

The Shield of Ages is somewhat fair because it takes effort, but for any non-warrior this is a huge pain in the balls to be dependent on a once a year item.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:35:43 pm »

it's such a huge game changer tho.

I think a crafter guild quest that require like 20 essences or something along the lines (to make it accessible, but not easy) is fair (along with EoN, SLS etc). If people want to feel special, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as IG pet or be called the same thing even. Just that it has the same mitigation.

Things like xp clicky and fwp are good investments because they are not necessary to the game play but help a lot. I don't like the idea that you should need to spend money (or games) to get something that drops in game, even if only once a year. i suspect many people that play on EMU don't have a lot of disposable income, too.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:56:31 pm by arya1 » Logged
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »

I do not have SM or IG pet and I do just fine as is.
I plan on buying one when Hunter does the 50% off just so I can finally have one, because I have slacked and not been online for Halloween the last two years.
This is one item I think is very fairly handled on the server. A special item that is very very good to have, that you can only obtain through the yearly event and of course credits as of whenever it was put there.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Eruditeone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »

Last year after halloween, people were super-bitching about the halloween weapons being overpowered, and that they were not able to purchase them with credits (at the time). Hunter's response was basically "should have been online, sucks to be you". Id have to lean this way with the pets too. My primary group and my wife's toon were all able to get SM/IG pets this year, whereas my 2nd group didnt, Ill have to wait until next year to gear them.

Still wish he had left those damn halloween weapons at the level they were at, but I guess with so many people bitching about it, he had to do what he had to do.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 05:57:41 pm »

I don't believe they should be available in game at all outside of the halloween events. It's Hunter's favorite holiday, and he really puts on a good event. It's not like you just zone over and get them, they take some work to get which means you have to invest time during the event. Putting them on the ezreward should be good enough. Earning them in game outside the event defeats the point of the event.

I went a year w/out them, while it's nice to have, I don't think it's ground breaking.

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

Yeah.....I not only dont think people should be able to make them outside of Halloween, I dont think they should be available on the EZ merch. But Hunter's sandbox, and he does need help with expenses, so I can see it.

I waited a year to get these pets. Others can do the same, or find ways to either donate for credits or trade for them in game. With the amount of people trading credits for essences in game I can tell you it would most probably  take less time to trade for credits and buy one than it'd take to get one to spawn then kill it during the event.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 11:15:47 am »

People have been doing this for years...it is not "game changing" but a benefit.  if this was made into something that was questable, then what would be the point of Halloween events, as this is its core?  Not to mention that in between Halloween and regular game time, Hunter would loose out on cash, with it being questable....if it is that big a bonus nd you cant wait for that week in October...buy it!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 11:57:52 am »

People have been doing this for years...it is not "game changing" but a benefit.  if this was made into something that was questable, then what would be the point of Halloween events, as this is its core?  Not to mention that in between Halloween and regular game time, Hunter would loose out on cash, with it being questable....if it is that big a bonus nd you cant wait for that week in October...buy it!

Keeze
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 01:56:39 am »

Free game for everyone, cause a few people willing to donate.

Win-Win for everyone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Saphien

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 09:46:25 am »

I have to chime in here.

I, by no means, wish to diminish the effort or work put into the Halloween events. I think Hunter does a fantastic job on it and hope that it continues year after year.

I do have to say that I tend to agree with at least ONE more option to obtain an item with similar stats/mitigation as the Halloween item.

One full year for that specific bonus does seem a bit lengthy. It would be nice to maybe pick a holiday or event roughly 6 months out and have it twice a year with another similar item that has the same benefits.

That way you could keep the uniqueness of having the Halloween pet but also have another item for the benefit should you miss that event or start after Halloween or just want some variety in your pets. Six months of time between offering chances for that item is still a good chunk of time. 

Hunter, just food for thought. Just chew on it and if you really feel Halloween should be the only time for that item and anything like it then clearly that's the best decision and the rest of us will either pay the money for it or wait once a year.

Thanks.
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 09:55:26 am »

Listen, it happens.

I didn't get crap in last years Halloween event. I couldn't kill any of the boss's and I was unwilling to ask for help. The thing is, I knew that there was no way I was gonna miss out on the next Halloween.

So, I got my pet's this year, but I was unlucky with some rng and didn't even complete a Sceptre X. I will have the opportunity this next Halloween.

There has to be items in game that keep people coming back for more. I know it might suck, but you know what? Ill probably see you on the forums this time next year sharing a similar opinion.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 10:36:02 am »

As has been said before...  There is an alternative to waiting till next Halloween...  Buy one, and buy it at Christmas for half price...

You can easily do all the server content without one.  People did, up till a couple of years ago when the pet actually became available on Halloween.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 10:39:12 am »

There is a flu like bug going around called "Iwantzitnow" that can't be cured.

Keeze
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678