Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:42:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 12-17-13  (Read 10365 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 01:02:56 am »

At the very least, it should spawn non-kos...I never conned it when I killed it, but that'd be pretty harsh to pop it and get smoked while just farming greens.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 07:20:31 am »

or it could work like Halloween progression

First one manageable by let's arbitrarily say T2 players, (1 SLS)

2nd one by t6   (2-3 SLS)

3rd one current version. (5 SLS + maybe something spicy like a scepter upgrade)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:33 am »

I have to agree with the "smoke your group while farming greens"

have it spawn somewhere and be non kos that way we can just avoid it all together.

I, like most I assume, farm SLS's solo. I'm not about to log in everyone, call people up, OOC, whatever just to get 5 SLS's.

I understand the concept, and the addition was awesome, but a mob that hits for that much and is that difficult to kill while farming one hit green mobs is ehhh, words escape me.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 08:23:40 am »

Its a rare (1/100) chance to spawn right now, and will never spawn more than 1 in the same zone (unique spawn code).

If you get "lucky" you can always go kill wisp else where in the zone without fear of another ancient wisp spawning on you.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 09:56:39 am »

or it could work like Halloween progression

First one manageable by let's arbitrarily say T2 players, (1 SLS)

2nd one by t6   (2-3 SLS)

3rd one current version. (5 SLS + maybe something spicy like a scepter upgrade)

I like this idea. It makes more sense to me. Although in my opinion the spawn should be much rarer. SLS is one of the ways new players get money, so by  decreasing need, it will only decrease price.  If higher players can get a lot in one sitting then there wouldn't be any reason to buy them. I think there should be different loot from SLS in my opinion.

Even if it were non-kos, botters will still attack it eventually anyway and die. So, i don't see why it should be aggro.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:08:30 am by arya1 » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 10:03:31 am »

Since its set to unique spawn, you'd only get up to 1 in the same zone spawned. Shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Yes, it'll disrupt the botters, in addition to my new anti cheat script.

So you get lucky on a 1/100 roll, spawn ancient willowisp, and die. The ancient wisp won't roam around, just avoid it and go else where in zone looking for wisp.

I do like the idea of adding more Halloween Style triggers into zones. For now the special bosses are secret triggers, except that ancient wisp.

Might make it 1/200 chance later, consider this 1/100 chance more of a promo session Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 10:14:31 am »

Fair enough, I thought it roamed like the normal willowisps.

Although, I still think there should be a way to kill it for more people on the server. Like I said before, it's not even a number game, it's a tier game, given the fact it hits for so much.  Maybe there's a way to scale down both the loot and difficulty based on average level of the people in zone?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:25:47 am by arya1 » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 10:31:20 am »

You should be able to bind yourself in the zone if you wish to bind-rush the mob with zerg force. I don't think it does AoE rampage, just hits one target at a time.

Also you can root, snare, and mez the mob. So do some kiting with snare and never take damage! Just need enough people with with combined DPS is all.

I even made the Druid Epic (snare) click have more -resist check to it so that it'll land on this guy, since being level 95 gives it a greater level difference resist check. Casting -resist debuffs on it helps too.

It can be killed, and has been killed. You don't have to tank it like the T8/T9 players do.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:19 am »

Me smashing with 6.5mil chained hits wasn't enough to out damage that regeneration.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
red2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »

only not recommended to usenecro pet. his flurry range is same as castable range. if you fear/snare, sic pet, and bounce in and out of range chances are good flurry will P0wn you.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)