Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:42:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapons Discussion  (Read 50465 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

I'm done talking about this. I just think the actions taken here are in poor taste.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2013, 12:52:39 pm »

Can't even seem to come to a consensus on what makes it game breaking

the clicky effect or the massive stats.

I vote the stats are more game breaking.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:50 pm »

The ultimate weapon is a large part of the reason I don't play on this server anymore. It made everyone end game. Doing things like is being done right now is just putting more band aids on it. Want to fix the ultimate weapons? Make them augs at 1/4th what they were before. Do the same thing to their proc's and clicks. Drop it to 1/4th. Put an item in game that cost 50m plat to make that you can combine with your ultimate weapon aug that will make it tradeable so that people can move them from one toon to another if they wish. Or sell them for that matter. Slowly over time reduce the amount of stuff to make them to a comfortable level that fits with the new stats. Until something like this happens there are going to be way too many people end game. I have 3 UW so this would effect me a lot on this server but I think it is a change that needs to be made.

lookin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2013, 01:04:01 pm »

The ultimate weapon is a large part of the reason I don't play on this server anymore. It made everyone end game. Doing things like is being done right now is just putting more band aids on it. Want to fix the ultimate weapons? Make them augs at 1/4th what they were before. Do the same thing to their proc's and clicks. Drop it to 1/4th. Put an item in game that cost 50m plat to make that you can combine with your ultimate weapon aug that will make it tradeable so that people can move them from one toon to another if they wish. Or sell them for that matter. Slowly over time reduce the amount of stuff to make them to a comfortable level that fits with the new stats. Until something like this happens there are going to be way too many people end game. I have 3 UW so this would effect me a lot on this server but I think it is a change that needs to be made.

i agree xiggie +1
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2013, 01:13:57 pm »

I think turning UW's into Aug's at 1/4 dmg (white + proc) is good idea. Remove stats/hp. Maybe slot any aug type slot, and make them non-lore? Still time consuming to get.

Main tanks would still have to survive from their other gears stats.

Seems right now the only quest that is so hard that nobody is doing is that Earring of the Ages for 50k AA per rank.

UW was meant to be rare, and some how more people got them than I expected. Do we really have that many hardcore players doing 12-18 hours per day here? I thought majority of the players would have been more casual than that =P

I could easily make a quest npc that you hand them a 50 million platinum token plus no-drop item to get a 'cd key' in return that can be redeemed for that item id at the Key_Master NPC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:15:50 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Peign
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »

I think turning UW's into Aug's at 1/4 dmg (white + proc) is good idea. Remove stats/hp. Maybe slot any aug type slot, and make them non-lore? Still time consuming to get.

Seems right now the only quest that is so hard that nobody is doing is that Earring of the Ages for 50k AA per rank.

UW was meant to be rare, and some how more people got them than I expected. Do we really have that many hardcore players doing 12-18 hours per day here? I thought majority of the players would have been more casual than that =P

The EoA stats at lower ranks are not worth the AA invested.   I think that is why people are not farming it.  At 10 ranks of EoA (500k xp) you start to get => T7 earring.    RoA is a better ROI. 

I think we do have that many hard core players on the server.    Not sure the exact stats but I would think 90% or so are hard core.  Heck, we are spending X hours a day playing a 14 year old game, that is either hard core or insanity, maybe both.    Couple that with trading/buying essences and UW is not unattainable.     

Players are going to work their arses off to obtain the high end gear. 
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »

I play about 2 hours a day.

I took advantage of DL weekends to get up to UW4, and am 60% of the way towards a 5.  All pre-changes.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2013, 01:30:32 pm »

How many people would rage if I changed stats on UW to 1/4 of before, and morph them into Ultimate Augments?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2013, 01:31:18 pm »

I could easily make a quest npc that you hand them a 50 million platinum token plus no-drop item to get a 'cd key' in return that can be redeemed for that item id at the Key_Master NPC

This would get me trying out the server again. Actually made me a little excited about it.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2013, 01:34:08 pm »

How many people would rage if I changed stats on UW to 1/4 of before, and morph them into Ultimate Augments?

I'm for it, I'm just tired of the same old epic graphics, that's why I liked the idea of UW outside of the fact that it's l33t
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2013, 01:35:24 pm »

This is a total farce. I didn't spend all that time (and money) just to complete it and then have to start over again. I would quit for sure.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:56:27 pm by arya1 » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2013, 01:39:31 pm »

make a slot on all epic weapons starting at what like 3.0 up that only uses UW aug ? this was we can use our augs on 7.0 up?

Edit:
does this mean that we will get back 3/4ths of the work we put into this ?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:57:01 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »

So change the UW to 1/4 of what it was? I only have UWII and it was a ton of work, to lose 3/4of that work seems a bit harsh. Can't imagine how peeps will feel who have UW9+.
I don't see why when we Nerf things we have to make such large jumps. Why not nerf it incrementally over a time period so there is some sort of testing on its affects.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:45:44 pm by Premador » Logged
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2013, 01:45:04 pm »

What if you started this process on upcoming content.  Could meld it into those new Epic weapon ideas you and hate were working on.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2013, 02:03:20 pm »

I have 3 UW, this would effect me profoundly. I think it would effect the server in a very positive way. I feel for the people who donated to buy this but you did so in a server you know is ever changing. Yeah I would lose a lot of what I put into the server but I would get a lot more out of a good server than what things have become. There would be a lot of crying and whatnot but I think the server health would improve after the shock of it all. Incidentally I would leave the stats on there, just cut to 1/4th of what they were. A general cross the board cut. I would also add an aug slot to every weapon in the game. An aug slot just for the ultimate aug.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65015
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)