Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:13:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: OOC Trolls  (Read 17272 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:23:33 pm »

Trolling, Baiting, and Spamming in OOC with extreme statements needs to stop. I can hardly keep up you the few loud people flare up on there.

Any complaining about Warrior's Way from T7 BP or similar issues will just get their ooc privileges revoked.

I also can't keep up with everyone sending me direct tells. If you have an issue, then email me.

Any constructive feedback on the UW topic can be left on forums. It might take 1-2 months before I update them again due to my available time IRL this month.

After last months flare up over UW, players aren't going to get far anymore without getting revoked, suspended, or banned. So chill out.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 09:06:08 pm »

Good idea hunter, if all people are going to do is whine, ignore those people somehow, it makes it really hard to get your legit question answered through all the bs ones being answered then just silence after that.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 02:43:19 pm »

You really need to get a guide or 2. Your population has been high enough for it for a long time. You need it to be a veteran, preferably someone who does not play anymore who is very limited in what they can do. Mostly observe and report. Maybe the ability to much and definitely the ability to stealth. If you limit your guides abilities they can be a help not a liability.

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:00:45 pm »

I think thats a good idea xiggie, but i dont think it will help with whining/trolling on important issues, i think ignorning whiners/trolls and listening to the people saying constructive things would fix that.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »

Greta idea Xiggie, might help.  And Krinkle the idea of what is constructive is still subjective to whoever reads it and with the QQ'ing these days, it would be hard for anyone in Hunter's position to determine what is or is not constructive.  Lately, all I have seen are peeps complaining about everything from SLS's to UW to mana drain, personally get over it and grow up or just quit EZ.  (not pointed at you Krinkle, just to the QQ's)

Anyways,  Thanks Hunter and Hate for everything you guys are doing.  Back to the grind...
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 04:40:33 pm »

i have a hard time seeing who it should be. most of the old players are trolls and have the most hate for new people on the server. the onley one i can think of would be Hate.

And there is a HUGE difference in crying about something and expressing you opinion about a thing. The problem is that you cant say one thing on the server without somone pointing at you saying "QQ MORE" "L2Play" etc etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:57:31 pm by Hoffwin » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 06:41:16 pm »

Honestly as much as I like Hate I think he is too involved. To be effective it can't be someone who would have to defend their own content. Someone who doesn't have an axe to grind and quite honestly someone who will not take sides. I don't think Hunter needs someone to help him settle arguments, that is for him to do. He needs someone to silence arguments. Jail people who are jerking up in public zones maybe and generally a peace keeper. Not a resolution person. Again, not someone who take sides but someone who could deflate conflict instead of trying to resolve conflict.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »

Greta idea Xiggie, might help.  And Krinkle the idea of what is constructive is still subjective to whoever reads it and with the QQ'ing these days, it would be hard for anyone in Hunter's position to determine what is or is not constructive.  Lately, all I have seen are peeps complaining about everything from SLS's to UW to mana drain, personally get over it and grow up or just quit EZ.  (not pointed at you Krinkle, just to the QQ's)

Anyways,  Thanks Hunter and Hate for everything you guys are doing.  Back to the grind...

Pointed at me no doubt since I created two of those three threads you reference. Those are suggestions that, with the other 10000 things they are doing, are just brought up to the forefront. One of which was addressed, the other not so much. If you have any issue with it, please feel free to hit me up in game so I can explain my point. If not, piss up a tree. Either way, have a good one.

Keeze
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 06:52:45 pm »

still the better man for the job. i have seen him help people on the server, not just point them to the forum with a dumbass remark.

but in the end its hunters rules and whatnot.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:11 pm »

Could always create that /say vote <player> command.

Instead of ban, it could be a 1 hour revoke chat privileges.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 07:36:26 pm »

Giving some random people power is creating a new problem on top of something that isn't even really a problem.  Xiggie claims that a guide should be someone who doesn't play?  Why?  So they are not biased?  If someone has played here for years, tell me they wouldn't already know the majority of the server and wouldn't be biased.  What are they going to do?  Send people to jail?  Tell them to shutup?  If you don't like what someone says, screenshot it, send it to Hunter.

Making guides doesn't do much for what the masses want (content, patches, fixes).  Hunter has a life outside this server.  He gets to stuff when he can and there are already several people (including Hate) who have demonstrated on the forums that they know a good bit about about how to code server changes.  ToV ramps, etc. etc.  If Hunter wants to allow some sort of more streamlined way for people to *suggest changes* to HIM and then hes got these people in his back pocket to help code in the changes if he wants to approve the change.   This sort of thing has already been going on for years.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:03:20 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 08:02:36 pm »

On a side note.  "In my opinion"  A really Easy way to eliminate some of the bashing is for Hunter to post all changelogs (especially nerfs/fixes) even if they are not changes he is responsible for.  If he wants to include a name and a thanks note in there for someone, cool beans.  It's a lot easier to yell at your supervisor than it is your CEO.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 08:20:17 pm »

On a side note.  "In my opinion"  A really Easy way to eliminate some of the bashing is for Hunter to post all changelogs (especially nerfs/fixes) even if they are not changes he is responsible for.  If he wants to include a name and a thanks note in there for someone, cool beans.  It's a lot easier to yell at your supervisor than it is your CEO.

Hunter was doing updates for a while before I came along with my Blizzard-styled patch notes. I like being transparent (not saying Hunter doesn't) and I like having a log of changes. The problem that comes out of constantly providing patch notes is people that were unaware of things before suddenly DEMAND things being undone.

Case in point: Bot detection was live for ~2 weeks before Hunter announced it. How many people have QQ'ed about the bot code causing lag or it being responsible for their disconnects AFTER the announcement? ;-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 08:37:28 pm »

Hate I think would be a good choice as he is always in control of his reactions and seems to know his shit. Pissing and moaning is going to happen no matter what but do agree on both forum and /ooc some people take it way to far. Just please allow us to disagree here and there to a point as I think venting somewhat allows most of this community to tire themself out and go back to grinding.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 08:51:10 pm »

Case in point: Bot detection was live for ~2 weeks before Hunter announced it. How many people have QQ'ed about the bot code causing lag or it being responsible for their disconnects AFTER the announcement? ;-)

Exactly.

+1

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats