Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:47:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 01-04-14  (Read 17273 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »

I think you're going the wrong direction with addressing exp concerns.  Making more donation only items instead of fixing the base exp rates is making this more and more a pay to play server.  Donation reward items should either not be overpowering and the only legitimate way to progress exp based items, or they should be alternatively attainable in game, even if it's some long drawn out quest similar to UW and SOA.  I think encouraging donations is a good thing, but requiring them is really going to start alienating some of your playerbase.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 01:47:14 pm »

Spell file 01-04-14b updated (fixes spell particles and pet buff)

Reduced npc regen.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 02:05:23 pm »

I think you're going the wrong direction with addressing exp concerns.  Making more donation only items instead of fixing the base exp rates is making this more and more a pay to play server.  Donation reward items should either not be overpowering and the only legitimate way to progress exp based items, or they should be alternatively attainable in game, even if it's some long drawn out quest similar to UW and SOA.  I think encouraging donations is a good thing, but requiring them is really going to start alienating some of your playerbase.

Your not required to get the 1000% exp bonus item. Its more or less of a joke item.

I'm even thinking about making a 2000% or even 10,000% bonus item just for self amusement.

The few people who might get 1000% exp bonus would be someone that took advantage of 3-5x credit rate from trading consoles, or skyrocketed BitCoin value at 1.5x - 3x rates.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 02:29:45 pm »

I do agree with dim, if its a joke item, then i think the price should be, THIS IS A JOKE ITEM CANT BUY IT, and ive never seen anyone make something, test it, and start busting out stats about how good the exp is for a joke item.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:39 pm »

ive never seen anyone make something

Well, now you have.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 02:52:04 pm »

Hunter would it be possible to take a look at Raid XP?  Possibly increasing it a smidge.  As an example, solo if I'm seeing 5-6AA Per Kill, I might see 1AA every 5 or 6 kills in raid (depending on levels and zone, using T5 at level 77 War as example with raid members of various levels)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 03:00:39 pm »

I'll adjust raid exp, carefully, and re-adjust if needed.

My only concern is when we made LDoN points reward to whole group, ended up being whole raid, and we had 40 players sitting afk at zone line soaking up free points. Granted the points didn't get divided up like AA/Exp would, so maybe won't be so bad.

I'll see what I can do, and make tweaks to raid exp each day until it seems more reasonable.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 03:01:13 pm »

I was talking to hate the other day and suggested something. If you are looking to increase donations, why not make an item that has the ability to make a zone instance a double loot instance. Set it at 100 credits per item, one time use.

Hate said it would take some coding to get the zones to react with the item but I believe the effort would be worth the labor. It sort of goes along with what Chunka had suggested a few weeks ago about making 1 time use items.

Keeze
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 03:05:13 pm »

I doubt there will be much donations for a while since people already sent for Christmas.

Right now I'm having fun, and if players don't believe it, then whatever.

I've already been toying with idea of double loot clickie, just matter of how to implement it. Maybe perl code in the EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE if final killing blow was someone with hasitem. But how to read all the items on loot list, and add to a corpse? I'm sure its possible, just haven't found any code examples yet.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

solo if I'm seeing 5-6AA Per Kill

I might see 1AA every 5 or 6 kills in raid

By that math the solo AA is 36x faster than Raid?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »

Character:RaidExpMultiplier
Character:GroupExpMultiplier

Have increased their values for next reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 03:24:40 pm »

Yes I believe so and this was tested 2 days ago, so relatively recent.  Thank you for looking into this Hunter!
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 04:29:23 pm »

I doubt there will be much donations for a while since people already sent for Christmas.

Right now I'm having fun, and if players don't believe it, then whatever.

I've already been toying with idea of double loot clickie, just matter of how to implement it. Maybe perl code in the EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE if final killing blow was someone with hasitem. But how to read all the items on loot list, and add to a corpse? I'm sure its possible, just haven't found any code examples yet.

I have a working example if I can restore the HD that just failed.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 06:53:08 pm »

Caster "Aug" (Mana Necklace)
Mana Necklaces now have a Sympathetic Proc (proc on cast) to trigger a matching rank of Piratestrike , which has damage currently equal to matching Firestrike (i.e. Piratestrike II is Firestrike II damage).

In addition to the damage proc, a pet only buff will trigger (after 1/5/14 reboot) that gives pet 12 seconds of low proc rate Ninjastrike damage with matching ranks (i.e. First Mate's Blessing X procs Ninjastrike X).

I UNDERSTAND THIS SEEMS HIGH. THEY ARE GOING TO BE ADJUSTED AS I GET PARSES IN OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. DO NOT FRIGGIN SPAM ME ABOUT IT BEING OP!

Tier 7 finally got the first touches of what Tier 8+ will be getting and (once perfected) all previous tiers. The epic augs were stripped of stats and given only the class defining effects. The weapons themselves handle about 90% of the stats. The epic augs will see VERY small amounts of stats (i.e. HP on war/pal/sk epic aug, mana on wizard/mage, mana regen on cleric/shaman/druid, etc etc) to help give them a slight class edge. Otherwise, stats are primarily from weapons!

Lastly, the Halloween pets have had HP and attack speed cut a bit. They were a bit beefy and had a small scale down to make them less ridiculous.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 09:06:38 pm »

Adjusted HP Regen on all mob spawns T1-T8 to balance as intended since source code cap is fixed.

T6 trash are regenerating 7-8% HP every tick, that is such an outragious amount it surley cannot be intended...
If you are T7-T8 with a UW, might not mean anything to you, but someone trying to do content on level, just craziness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 201