Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 11:13:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Mask of Experience (Ranked)  (Read 16829 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57:26 am »

Possible fix:
Make the reward clicky an ulimited duration song
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 12:41:32 pm »

treat it like an aura but make it last via zoning or not, and give it an unlimited duration. Should make it stackable
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »

I tested it as a song before, and it fades when zoning.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 03:48:53 pm »

Since you have made the reward item buff be 160hrs now, what about making it a Aug with a worn affect?

I know this was not the intent but, would it allow it to stack? Is a worn exp effect possible?

I know people already have BAGS of clicky buffs, and most i think would/could sacrifice a single aug slot on a piece of gear.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 04:33:07 pm »

That would just make it so the people who want the xp buff have to be in the zone to receive it and the person using it will have to stick to that zone to farm until they can click again -shrugs-
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »

Since you have made the reward item buff be 160hrs now, what about making it a Aug with a worn affect?

I know this was not the intent but, would it allow it to stack? Is a worn exp effect possible?

I know people already have BAGS of clicky buffs, and most i think would/could sacrifice a single aug slot on a piece of gear.

personally i think an aug slot is far too invaluable right now with how important HR is becoming, id take 1 more clicky in my bags any day over having to give up 50-100HR.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 05:36:47 pm »

That would just make it so the people who want the xp buff have to be in the zone to receive it and the person using it will have to stick to that zone to farm until they can click again -shrugs-
+1 i mean how long have we had to click it every 30 minutes anyways ? ... btw thanks for that love it =)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »

Would have to test if a Bard Buff Exp Bonus stacks with regular buff, and then decide if we want that, or a buff that sticks with zoning.

I can imagine ooc Buff in Nexus would be popular idea.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »

There was some confusion in ooc today about exp bonus buff stacking, over writing, and value in /say stats.

Just to clear this up ...

Even if you can get 2 or more buffs to show in the buff window, only the highest value is used. So a 100% potion + 15% Maggot only used the 100% and will not give you 115%.

I'm starting to make all the exp bonus buffs to use the same effect slot number, so the highest exp bonus buff will over write the lower exp buff, so only 1 buff shows up in buff window.

The way the /say stats window currently works to display the total exp bonus value is that it adds up all your exp buffs from your exp buff window on your client. This total exp bonus value is NOT pulled from the server side values like most of the other stats are.

I can do one of two things to fix /say stats exp bonus value:

Make all exp buffs over write each other, then you'll never have more than 1 exp buff up at a time. Then the /say stats window will show proper exp bonus again.

Or edit the code for /say stats window to only see the highest exp bonus buff, instead of adding them together.

Or do both solutions above.

I've already tested, and players have already tested, exp buffs do not stacks, even if you do see both of them in your buff window.

I'm open to ideas and options.

Also players are asking for stats on the Mask of Exp item and/or buff. I've considered adding maybe 1 HR per Rank, and X number of HP/Stats per Rank as well. The problem is things are still hot in forums/ooc and the trolls would QQ hard about this new item being required for progression, that its too much OP, etc. So I decided for now not to add any stats, but depending how things play out, I might add them later.

This Mask of Experience is something that should be win win for everyone. A 1 hour buff with 1 hour recast time, someone can keep buffing players in Nexus every hour to help everyone out. Grind up 100s or 1000s of hours for max rank, sell the 1000% Exp Bonus for Plat in Nexus (or private raid instance after they pay the pp fee), and everyone wins! I know it'll take some time, but I bet someone hardcores this quest, and within a few months it'll be regular buff for everyone in Nexus.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 09:26:42 pm »

To calculate the exp bonus on the server just do it in a loop from highest bonus to lowest and as soon as you find one, break out of the loop.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 02:24:45 am »

Yup! That's one way to do it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent