Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:33:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Waypoints Updated!  (Read 10035 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2014, 07:54:44 pm »

Players can now go directly to any instance in any zone from any zone.

After you have already created an instance (Solo, Raid, or Guild) you can go to that instance from any zone by doing these commands:

/say enter solo <zone name>
/say enter raid <zone name>
/say enter guild <zone name>

If you don't type a zone name, then it will assume its the same zone name that you are currently in.

(Updated)
This also works with:
/say solo join <player> <zone name> (not tested yet)
/say raid join <player> <zone name>
/say guild join <player> <zone name>

You still have to be in the same zone name to create an instance for a zone first. We can't create instance for other zones that we're not in. Must travel there first to create. Then you can enter from anywhere.

Summon suggested needing a teleporter in your inventory to allow this feature. For now I'll let it be a freebie. Just whatever it cost to create, then enter is free.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:38:23 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:00:52 pm »

I'm wondering what happens when using /say enter raid templeveehsan when you are not the raid creator?  You could end up A). Not zoning or B).  Entering someone else's raid instance.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »

I'm wondering what happens when using /say enter raid templeveehsan when you are not the raid creator?  You could end up A). Not zoning or B).  Entering someone else's raid instance.

It'll have the same effect say doing
/say enter raid
when you are already in templeveeshan and not the raid creator.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:08:21 pm »

AT this stage it will allow what people are asking for to done in GUILD instances but nor raid instances. Reason being is everyone is asking for ways to zone GROUPS into a zone. That wont be able to be done with Raids as the only person to be able to zone directly into a riad is the raid Maker..
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »

Yeah the raid ones are tricky w/o owner name.

Is their anyway to log the last instance you were in a zone for, and if you click the ring or use the teleporter it takes the toon to wherever they were last, be it a raid, guild or public.?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »

Basically the

/say enter solo
/say enter raid
/say enter guild

have been modified to allow adding zone name at the end of the command, else it assumes same zone just like before.

So I modified the already existing function, not creating a new one.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:04 pm »

Great change,

as for having teleporter in bank, bag space is a major issue already, if it is required, itd be nice if we can store it in the bank like we do the FWP.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:18:06 pm »

Great change,

as for having teleporter in bank, bag space is a major issue already, if it is required, itd be nice if we can store it in the bank like we do the FWP.

Theoretically it is possible to store the FWP as a flag. Buy FWP, turn in to NPC_XYZ, and have it "unlocked" free instances.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:20:00 pm »

Great change,

Theoretically it is possible to store the FWP as a flag. Buy FWP, turn in to NPC_XYZ, and have it "unlocked" free instances.

-Hate

Then instead of hasitem code, I'd have check qglobal value code.

Same amount of code but maybe save a bag slot?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 10:23:48 pm »

befor the new instance code when we actually had to Hail the waypoint it was understandable to need to carry it, now it sits in the bank as has been stated. If the new instance code is gona stay this way makeing it a flag would help a bit on space i guess. and IF for some reason code were to change and we had to go back to a Physical ite, it wouldnr be hard to make a npc to hail and have him hand you one from your flag..

Win Win ??
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 11:10:12 pm »

oh, and as far as the thought on a person needing a teleporter in your invetory to use this ability, i agree to a point, but that point being my whole group can use the teleporter my 1 group member has, as long has he uses it last.

I know your saying free for now hunter, but if your thinking about changing it in the future might want to think maybe a toon that is going to use this function ( the /say raid join nexxel ) they need to have a teleporter targeted, thus there is not a need for every toon to have a telelporter.

Some could argue that this is a neat function, thus everyone (every toon) should have to pay for the use, but if this is actually to help with server load/ stabilty/lag then a single teleporter or None would apply better..
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 11:17:32 pm »

Going to keep things the way they are now.

Our global_player.pl file is over 7000 lines and I'd rather not add more code if I can keep it as some npcname.pl file.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 11:26:37 pm »

Going to keep things the way they are now.

Our global_player.pl file is over 7000 lines and I'd rather not add more code if I can keep it as some npcname.pl file.

I seen you state this figure twice, out of curiousity whats was a Normal size for this file lets say from "LIVE" or the average run of the mill EMU..
Yaedien

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:13 pm »

Honestly, personally i would say keep them as you have them now, free, if it requires an item to use these commands, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of reducing server load, as not everybody has alot of EZ credits to use on buying the item for their entire group/raid.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 12:09:55 am »

Yup, probably stated it twice within last 24 hours cause I've been working on it nonstop for last week or so, adding editing, making it better.

Not sure what a "Normal size" would be but I'm guessing this is expected from a large server that has evolved over the years. The global_player.pl has proven VERY useful, since before I'd have to copy/paste the player.pl file into every zone/folder.

Some people might like to put every sub possible into plugins folder and which could possible reduce 1/2 of the lines but I hate having to work with multiple files and most of our subs are exclusive to player.pl anyways except for DBI connect to SELECT or INSERT INTO the DB, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057