Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:24:02 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Epic Effects Revision Thread  (Read 23371 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:21 pm »

...it's just that as it stands now the epic aug is a marginal upgrade and the components are more useful elsewhere.  Epics should be epic, so basically keeping the stats the same and boosting hp doesn't really do much to address that... ...One thing that would definitely garner some more appeal is making a click that is actually going to be used.  You've done an awesome job on a lot of epics, some classes have effects so useful that people put them in /twist to click on every refresh but there are others that have fallen into uselessness.  Maybe put a post in the class forums asking for ideas and suggestions for potential epic click effects and then filter through the godmode requests and see if there are reasonable ideas regarding these.  I honestly think that making the click effects themselves incrementally better than previous tiers would go a long way to making people get excited to upgrade them and even forego upgrades elsewhere just to get them.

tl;dr - Review and update click effects for classes that have useless ones

Dimur nailed it in another thread. The epics are a bit scattered and ...well...not so epic.  Embarrassed

I asked numerous others to start this thread, but no one has. So here it is. I am collecting a mass of feedback on how class epics should be handled. Some of them will stay as is, some need tweaking.

Goals of this thread:
  • Uniform epic effects across epics ( i.e. cleric 3.5 has AbilityXYZ rank 1 and cleric 8.0 has AbilityXYZ rank 8 ).
  • Effects that are useful in varying (preferably, all) stages of the game without being overpowered.
  • Effects that are desirable enough to actually want to upgrade weapon instead of simply doing it because the game says so.

Warrior - Simplify epics and clicks by unifying them.
Cleric - unsure currently
Paladin - nothing, pleased with state in game
Ranger - nothing, pleased with bow clicks
Shadow Knight - better damage/proc/etc on 2h to help the "dps stance"
Druid - get them out of melee range, refine click into a "floor trap" instead of single dot/snare
Monk - unsure currently
Bard - One Man Band across all epics, fix scaling, add chance for "harmony"
Rogue - slightly reduce click bonuses, half cooldown on hide/sneak
Shaman - nothing, content with them
Necromancer - pet
Wizard - unsure currently
Mage - pet
Enchanter - pet
Beastlord - pet
Berserker - nothing, content with them

Ideas:

Cleric - AoE Massive heal on click, replace Holy Knight Strike with temporary HP buff (18s base). This way a cleric might give the players a larger health pool while in combat without overhealing and without so damn many cures firing off. An example might be T8 cleric's mace is proc'ing 75k hp buff, so long as he is in combat. (Theoretical numbers, no QQ yet)

Shadow Knight - Add various "chance" procs to 2h proc (similar to Trickshot) to allow a variety of DPS bonuses to occur.

-Hate
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:36:33 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:45:57 pm »

I'm happy to see the click on warrior 1 hander shares the same with 2hander now - was annoying with the 1 hander having a smaller defensive click with only 3 min duration over 2hander 30 minute. So +1 to whenever that change was made.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 04:48:24 pm »

I'm happy to see the click on warrior 1 hander shares the same with 2hander now - was annoying with the 1 hander having a smaller defensive click with only 3 min duration over 2hander 30 minute. So +1 to whenever that change was made.

~48h ago. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 05:20:59 pm »

Why not make the cleric epic a HP and mitigation type buff. Keep it in line with the shaman's epic since the "Big 3" buffs come from shaman, druid and cleric?

5.0 = 25k hp and 10% mitigation spell and melee

and go up from there?

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »

Why not make the cleric epic a HP and mitigation type buff. Keep it in line with the shaman's epic since the "Big 3" buffs come from shaman, druid and cleric?

5.0 = 25k hp and 10% mitigation spell and melee

and go up from there?
maybe hp + spell mit
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:14 pm »

So the ranger pet isn't going back on?   
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 07:03:53 pm »

Wizard: Give it a 30 second gift of annihilation type buff with a 1 minute cool down.

Keeze
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 07:27:52 pm »

Flip clerics to the 2.0 click maybe? divine arb + heal/cure effect?  Also, would be nice if rangers would get the bow click as a proc on 1h to avoid twisting.
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »

Wizard: Give it a 30 second gift of annihilation type buff with a 1 minute cool down.

While that would be awesome, I believe they're already high on the DPS ladder without a 50% uptime god mode.  

Or if we're going that route, let's treat it like franks red hot and  put that shit on everything.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 09:14:33 pm »

(Note) - I will admit my bard is only in t6 currently so on end game I don't have collected information on things offered from the other tiers to benefit bard so anyone can chime in on this topic and tell me I'm stupid and isn't necessary if so be it. Nor do I know the current given spell damage boost offered from one man band outside of 6.0

If you don't mind me saying something for Bards , I personally boxed the hell out of one on live because they were so versatile it was ridiculous especially in offering more dps to the group as a whole outstandingly. ( and before the "EZ isn't live train rolls in ) I understand this, I am not asking for them or anything alike to be like live otherwise why would I be here? I think bards should get their one man band click turned into a proc for their epic that adds benefits based on the strike type.

My idea surrounding all of this is simple, or at least to me ; I am not master spell maker like Hate but it sounds decent in my mind

Magic spell damage boost, which I believe is War proc and Ninja at the regular rate of 150% but makes it so things that are say -1000 magic resist can be hit by Ninjastrike and such during that duration of the proc'd song

Fire give a boost of one man band to 200% to make the gimpy firestrike users a little boost in their dps for X time

Outside of this idea ; make a small % chance or whatever upon the proc of one man band to offer a Ninjastrike or similar damage song based off the tier of the epic as to what tier the NS would. If you are against making one man band a proc based song ; keep it click but still possibly consider the above as ideas to tweak it.

I could just be a rambling fool with too much time on my hands, but it sounds like a neat change to something already with bards that could make their benefits to the group for dps even more ferocious without being overpowering.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:18:11 pm by Quaglin45 » Logged
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 10:29:30 pm »

there is nothing wrong with bards, they are fine. bards get a song that debuffs resists, use it if you want that effect
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 09:41:19 am »

On Clerics... if the Group Heal is replaced... I think that can happen, but only once the mob damage is decreased.  I still use that click in OMG situations.  After that... make their click a group aura/buff that boosts healing focus effects.

On Wars... I still like the idea of splitting up the click effect on the 1H/2H, but leave the 2H as is and replace stone skin on the 1H with a super taunt.

On Wiz... add a group aura/buff to their rune click that boosts fire and/or cold damage. 

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 10:43:08 am »

Would be fun to have auras fixed as that would allow a ton of new possibilities for epic clicks

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 11:48:54 am »

Monk epic - The component that procs the self cure is pretty cool, it gets negated by resists be high enough to not get hit with dots but it's still very useful for characters that aren't there yet.  The self buff click that reduces agro could be tweaked, we already have access to ninja click in the game so maybe they could get some sort of short duration, reward only ninja click proc buff with a little dmg component to address the role a monk has traditionally had in EQ...monks have always been a high dps melee class with agro shedding capabilities, they don't really offer much group utility.  I'm thinking a 3 tick buff, ninja proc fade effect with a direct damage component, starting possibly at epic 7.0 or 8.0 with the damage component being equivalent to a lesser tier Ninja proc that scales by epic level.  At 7.0, it could be on par with NSIV or NSV and scale to NSV or NSVI on the 8.0.  This would offer an easy upgrade path to the damage component as the epic increases in tiers in the future.

Beastlord epic - It's main function is the pet, but could be possible to have a chance to proc a self only kraken type buff since they are supposed to be a shaman type hybrid.  Make the buff short duration so the beast has to keep meleeing to keep it up, 3 ticks starting at 7.0 or so and on par with the same tier kraken spell, would overwrite normal kraken but for groups not rolling a shaman it could be a way to boost the dps of a bst.

Shaman epic - I know this gets brought up periodically, but could either the duration or cooldown of the shaman epic be looked at?  The buff itself is highly marginalized at the later stages of progression, so much so that I usually cast it at the outset of a clear and never bother keeping it up as it wears off.  The stats it provides are okay, the hp are pretty lackluster comparatively speaking and the duration on the buff is laughable when compared to cleric druid hp buffs.  If the duration is to offset the additional bonuses outside of hp the buff has, and to be honest I don't know what they are because I don't care enough to keep the buff up as is and don't notice any difference when it's up or not, then make the recast like 1 minute.  A druid or cleric can buff the shit out of various groups in short duration and not have to revisit casting it again unless a few people die, and even then their buffs are simple to mem and cast at will.  Even at 1 minute refresh, it'd take a shaman a lot longer to buff groups when MGB is down.

As far as the rest of the epics go...

Warrior - could use a good hp boost on the stonewall effect from 7.0 to 8.0, otherwise it's good...there are a shitload of direct and AE agro tools available already and this really doesn't need to be any more easy to afk tank than it already is

Cleric - Their group heal is decent enough for me to use for patch heals, maybe add some sort of chance for short duration self buff vie from meleeing to bring their mitigation up a bit while battle clericing?  Either way, I'm okay with where they are

Paladin - Love what you've done with melee stance and 1h and 2h options, their healing is way more than capable now...in a good position

Enchanter - Good where they are

Druid - They have a pretty big toolbox of capability already, happy with where they are with an AE click, could be better I guess if druid isn't an active target...possible to make the effect a cone type as opposed to AE?

Bards - Effect is still very powerful and gets clicked on refreshes, incrementally small increase in dmg boost would be cool but it's going to get used regardless

Other classes, I don't really play casters enough to know what mages or necros need nor do I play SK, rogue or ranger enough to have any kind of idea what they need/don't need so not going to speculate.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 02:45:34 pm »

Beastlord epic - It's main function is the pet, but could be possible to have a chance to proc a self only kraken type buff since they are supposed to be a shaman type hybrid.  Make the buff short duration so the beast has to keep meleeing to keep it up, 3 ticks starting at 7.0 or so and on par with the same tier kraken spell, would overwrite normal kraken but for groups not rolling a shaman it could be a way to boost the dps of a bst.

I like this idea. Maybe make it land on pet, too, since BST is the only real pet class that cannot use the mana neck. Yeah, I know.....NS augs Cheesy But this would help keep them viable as dps and give a reason to actually cast the pet.

Would be fun to have auras fixed as that would allow a ton of new possibilities for epic clicks

Adding the lvl 70 monk aura as a clicky buff to the epic would rock....maybe even as a song, short duration. Giving monks the ability to save themselves and a group from riposte would make them the most desirable class past T6 Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:47:58 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 227