Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:49:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: How bout a Semi-Ultimate charm?  (Read 32786 times)
qualin

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:55:34 pm »

Ok, I realize that the max level of charm you can get in LDoN is 25.  After that you have to farm Cyans from T3.

As someone who can only run 1-2 clients, I cannot farm T3 like others who 4-5 box can.  So I have no way of farming stones.

I know what you're thinking.  "Why not just join a group and farm T3?" Why would a group, who is most likely 4-5 boxing to farm stones themselves, invite me if I insist on sharing stone loot.  It would slow their farming efforts down.

So I'm just throwing this out there.  Ultimate charm is all 4 charms at level 50 combined.  How about a Semi-Ultimate charm where you combine all 4 charms at level 25. It could just be half the stats of the Ultimate charm.

Many won't even do this, especially warriors, who are getting 41+ sorcerer charms anyway.  For someone like me, it's probably my only chance though.

Just an idea.
Tarq

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:37:00 pm »

Qualin you are the man. I love this idea. I totally understand your situation and know that you are not the only person like this. I really hope Hunter takes this into conisderation.

Tarq
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:43:11 pm »

That's an interesting idea, Qualin.

A code to allow the semi-ultimate charm to be "undone" in case a person's circumstances change and they want to move forward with t3/t4 would need to be considered as well.

btw, there is another option to your scenario.  Join a guild who's intent is to progress into t3/t4.  You may move slower than your 6-boxing compadres, but if you contribute you'll get some rewards.  
Tarq

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 04:54:26 pm »

I know I am speaking for Qualin on this, but both him and I are in a T3/T4 guild and no one in our guild gets together to farm crystals in T3. And in the rare event that it does happen, the guild will use them to spawn T3/T4 bosses rather than upgrade one level of someones charm. Also if you know of a guild that has groups of people, that do not box more than two toons, farming crystals everyday let me know, because frankly I don't know of one that is out there at the moment.

Tarq
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »

I wonder if people will work together in small groups if they can't box it, ie 2 of you farming crystals to upgrade charm?
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 05:34:54 pm »

It will always boil down to "My toon is the tank, they need the gems so they get them first!" because nobody wants to roll for them when they have to get so many.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:36:46 pm by Uxt » Logged

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 05:48:11 pm »

It will always boil down to "My toon is the tank, they need the gems so they get them first!" because nobody wants to roll for them when they have to get so many.

That's a good point, just figured people that couldn't box would small group and take turns looting a stone at a time or something. It has to be tough if you can't box Halls of Honor though.
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 06:54:53 pm »

That's a good point, just figured people that couldn't box would small group and take turns looting a stone at a time or something. It has to be tough if you can't box Halls of Honor though.

Well, there's tough, then there's horribly class-biased. Until further class changes/improvements are made, everything T2 and up is equated to needing warriors and clerics. If you don't have a ridiculous amount of healing or tanking (which limits "useful" classes), you can't survive. That's a whole new discussion, though. lol

I'd love to see a semi-ultimate charm, as I'd definitely use it... I just don't want it to impede my progression to ultimate charm, if I ever get the chance. (meaning if I make a semi-ultimate charm, I have to start ALL OVER to work up for the ultimate charm)

Tarq

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 06:59:58 pm »

I was thinking it would be like the half way point of the ultimate charm, the half-ultimate charm(semi). That way after obtaining the half one, you could conitnue to work on the original ultimate charm. Just find someway to combine the half one with like 100 cyans or something to make the full one.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 07:06:57 pm »

Maybe he can implement it so that when you turn in all 4 lvl 25 charms for the semi ultimate charm it gives you the semi charm + all your 4 25 charms back so that you can continue upgrading charms and not start them over.
Tarq

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 05:39:47 am »

i love that idea Eliseus!
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:16 am »

Maybe he can implement it so that when you turn in all 4 lvl 25 charms for the semi ultimate charm it gives you the semi charm + all your 4 25 charms back so that you can continue upgrading charms and not start them over.

As much as I would love this idea, I think there has to be an amount of give and take, benefit and cost. The benefit is that I get to combine 4 of my charms, at the cost of not being able to advance, say a sorcerer charm, above level 25. It just seems unbalanced to get both the combined charm and still keep your level 25s.

I
A code to allow the semi-ultimate charm to be "undone" in case a person's circumstances change and they want to move forward with t3/t4 would need to be considered as well.

Think I like this option best.  My situation might change, I could get a new computer that can box....etc.  Combine Semi-Ultimate charm with a chisel, lol, and break it back into the 4 level 25 charms.

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 08:33:28 am »

Think I like this option best.  My situation might change, I could get a new computer that can box....etc.  Combine Semi-Ultimate charm with a chisel, lol, and break it back into the 4 level 25 charms.

This makes the most sense.... like you said the other way you are getting 4 lvl 25 charms for free.

Rob Smiley
Mirielle
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 08:36:46 am »

The "Adequate" or "Mediocre" charm  Smiley
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:18:15 am »

Maybe the ability to have levels of Ultimate charm, 1-25?  Combine 4 level 25's into an ultimate 1, then combine the ultimate 1 and X number of gems into an ultimate 2. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)