Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:15:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Vote Kick Created!  (Read 11125 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:20:48 am »

A trusted person can now start a vote to kick a player.

The person starting the vote will not have their name appear in the announcement, but their reason will be displayed when the vote starts.

After a mod or guide has started a vote, then other players can vote to kick the person by typing:

/say vote kick <name>

Currently requires 5 votes and to reach that goal within 15 minutes to work.

This system allows only one vote from the same toon or IP, per 15 minutes, per person getting voted for.

Once a player is vote kicked, they will be immediately disconnected, a suspended for a total of 30 minutes.

This will allow the mods to get rid of troublesome players when I'm not around, and of course can be entertaining to vote for someone as well.

This system should be about 99% finished right now. I might later add feature to disconnect and suspend ALL characters linked to the one being voted so we wouldn't have to have redundant votes on all the alt boxes of a player.

Right now this only works if you do this from a new instance since the global_player.pl was uploaded after servers reboot today. After next reboot this feature will work from all zones.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:38:14 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:08:51 am »

So if you're giving those two ppl power to "start" the kick, why not give them the power to just kick them? You're walking 5 miles to get milk when it's already in the fridge.

Keeze
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:10:24 am »

yes, as i understand it Natedog and hate have the power to start the vote? and only them?
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:11:30 am »

seems to me that if a vote gets started then someone is going to get the boot!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:29 am »

So far Nate and Hate will have the power, but if I add more people then I probably won't announce their name unless they want to be publicly known.

I really do my best not to reboot server other than regular 6am EST scheduled reboot, but today I had several versions of the Vote Kick code in different zones and needed them to all be synced up. Server will be back up within a few minutes.

I've updated the Vote Kick code to disconnect and suspend ALL accounts linked to a Character's name by IP address. This way a multiboxer can't continue to troll ooc or whatever.

The suspensions will last for currently 3600 seconds (1 hour).

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

Again, why the dog and pony show with the vote kick? If you're giving them the power to start, why not just give them the power to kick w/out the vote?

Keeze
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:03 am »

Because I don't feel like giving anybody the power to permanently suspend or ban accounts.

Besides, this is an entertaining way to get rid of trolls.

Why you so worried? You going to troll?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:56 am »

No, but the worry many have is that this will be abused. But your sandbox.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:46 am »

If Nate or Hate abuse this without reason, then they will be revoked from using it.

Everything is logged.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:40 am »

Entertaining... gotcha.....  Roll Eyes

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 11:23:26 am »

Natedog....THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 12:34:06 pm »

Keeze
Chameleonn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 04:55:38 pm »

OFF with there heads off with there heads Smiley
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:42 pm »

IT WORKS! I was first to get voted off!  WOOT!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 08:19:21 pm »

There needs to be a vote no option. Heck  I can find 5 people that think a mass murderer is innocent, doesnt mean thats the popular consensus.

Anyone can find 5 people to answer to yellow text popping on screen.  How about seeing what the server actually thinks by tallying up the Yes and No votes like they do in Team Fortress 2.  If someone is spamming, then it gives 60 seconds for people to cast their vote and a certain percentage must vote Yes for them to be banned.

Basically my point is there is no point in asking 5 people outside of entertainment.  Doing a Yes and No would also be entertainment but itd be a lot more accurate than 5 people looking for amusement.

I havnt slept in 23 hours but u get my point
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:22:25 pm by Tankdan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081