Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:49:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: T5, T6 lagg  (Read 12887 times)
Walls

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:52 am »

Have there been any changes to the server that might cause lag in these instances? I mentioned these because I have been in them the most recently.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I am only noticing it when I pull mob.

Walls
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:52 am »

Lag all through T5, T6, ToFS for the last couple weeks or so. Its worse for me if I have another player in zone with me, no matter how few we pull. So bad that most my guild wont work together anymore, because its self defeating....and a few just stopped logging in.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:32:25 am »

T6 was fine for  me with 6 toons the other day on  prime time. I logged in 12 for this mornings run with 100 ppl on and it was awful.

Is the anti-train code checking each character for an aggro count? That might be causing some issues.

Keeze
Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:36:28 am »

I havnt had any trouble in t5, have not been to 6 for a while, but t7 is awful laggy with just my 6 in the zone.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:11 am »

T6 was fine for  me with 6 toons the other day on  prime time. I logged in 12 for this mornings run with 100 ppl on and it was awful.

Is the anti-train code checking each character for an aggro count? That might be causing some issues.

Anti train code checks 1 variable value every 60 seconds. This does NOT cause lag.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:43:27 am »

Then I'm out of ideas Hunter !!!!!!!

Keeze
Walls

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:48:32 am »

I don't remember when the train code started but the lag started about that time. Are there any other codes that started then that might be causing it? I have never lagged on the server until very recently.
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 11:04:24 am »

I have been noticing a small bit of lag in t7 also, t6 has always been laggy for me.  The lag seems to warp mobs around on a pull, and then when they are about to die they sit at 0% for a second or two before the exp message comes across and the next mob gets on my target.  So pull 5 mobs, after they stop warping around for a sec, target the first one it gets to 0% in about 3 swings of the group, then i gotta wait about 2 seconds before it dies and the exp message appears and i can start killing the next one.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 11:33:23 am »

same as worth ... its almost like a desync. usually sauses my MT to get to 12-3k ping times. the only t6 run i managed to complete since before Christmas dbl loot took over two hours. Before i running it consistently in 20-40 minutes.  its as though there is something wrong just with a few zones. Cleared t7, pulling decent sized groups 20+ at times and no above average lag. I can't handle more than a few in t8 but seems fine there. same for hoh/air. its liek maybe a table is corrupt on the server for t8 and is in a degraded state.

again to re-iterate. most zone are fine 90ms pings, 12 toons loaded, no issues. T6 makes me want to pull my hair out and is almost unplayable. certainly not worth my time to finish UCv2's there as is.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 11:35:16 am »

Anytime I have pulled more than 5 or so mobs my tank at a minimum (sometimes other toons that I swap to that have assist hotkeys on) desyncs for 15 seconds up to a minute on about every pull. Have been busy irl, but other than chatting with people I have almost no desire to play

* Started seeing this problem during double loot, hasn't gotten better and it might have been prior to x2 loot, wasn't keeping track or playing a lot
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:05:06 pm by marxist » Logged
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:33 pm »

I've been feeling lag in T5, but it didn't start when the anti-train code was announced. For me it actually started somewhere between a week and two weeks ago. It's not anything unplayable, but it does slow it down some.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »

I have had these same issues too. When i was doing hoh with more than 1 person actually pulling in the zone we both could barely move. I have had a little lag in t5 but not crazy. T6 seems hit or miss one day im fine little lag next day i can barely move with the same problems that people discribe below.Its almost like a desync then after about 20 seconds everything fully clears up do next pull same thing. Its horrid. Did you modify the source at all around the time you put in the train code? This seems to be the most popular idea because if you go back and look at the forums since you have put it in the lag has been either horrible or not there. can we please look at this issue.

Question for others
Are you running pets?
Are you running redtwos version of UF?
What is your instance # (could be a corrupt file with instances)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:41:38 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:50 pm »

Doesn't matter on instance #, its across the board for me. I randomly might have some ig/sm pets up, usually don't, overall no pets. Pretty sure I dont have Reds Uf.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:28 pm »

T6 is like this for me.

T6 is so bad that I can kill a group of mobs then check loot on MT then go to loot the item on another toon and see all the mobs still attacking and dying one by one then after they all die I get to wait and loot...

I know this has 0% to do with the anti train code, as stated, but I never, ever had a problem in T6 before that started. ever.

In T5 I could log all 14 toons in and have zero lag, now, if I log in more than 5 its a lagfest

it pretty much makes T6 not even worth doing. Ive even had problems like falling off the durn bridge at zone in, how the heck is that even possible? or getting stuck in the wall on a pull, what! its crazy bad.

ive even considered buying even more ram or something to help on my end, but I seriously doubt that will make a difference because theres a lot of ppl having this problem.

just my 67.4 cents worth

Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 04:49:10 pm »

I only play with 8 or 9 characters at most in t5/t6 and never lag, but I did notice significant lag in t5 when I teamed-up with someone about 3 weeks ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 281
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)