Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:20:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: t8 epic, tserina staff  (Read 7302 times)
red2

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:28:02 pm »

so i got a 2hb for necro last night, crystalline staff of intelligence. was told the proc was remove, something about conflicts. also have a tserina stafe, that is very similiar to it, but lacks slot 21, has a lifetap proc. kinda of silly to need to cary around 2, just to cast the pet. can the t staff plz get slot 21 added, simply things some.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

so i got a 2hb for necro last night, crystalline staff of intelligence. was told the proc was remove, something about conflicts. also have a tserina stafe, that is very similiar to it, but lacks slot 21, has a lifetap proc. kinda of silly to need to cary around 2, just to cast the pet. can the t staff plz get slot 21 added, simply things some.

The Tserrina Whip and Staff may get a slot soon. Still debating it because they were intended to be outside tier options.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
red2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:27:07 pm »

Food for thought. no biggie on the whip, it has 2 slots, and is 1 hander, so anyone that can use it, can use epic in whatever they have in other hand.

The staff is 2hander. means switching out a weapon click pet, then back. only realy applies to mage/necro. chanter pet is casted, and wig .. is just odd man out. non of those get something melee off the epic.. just be nice to not have to switch around.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:58:34 pm »

If Hateborne wants to add Epic Aug slot to Whip that is fine by me, depends on what he is doing with Epic Augs currently as I gave the project to him to manage.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 07:18:29 am »

Hate:

Any chance you could review the aug slots for T7 and above to allow at least 1 type 8 slot or allow NSV's ISV's (and above)  to be put in the slot 22?

Keeze
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 08:52:39 am »

did this get any traction?

being debated?

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:26:38 am »

I did ultimately decide against adding epic slots to Tserrina weapons as they are powerful enough as it stands.

As for Expletus' question, if you are referring to a slot similar to Tserrina's whip the answer would be no. The whip is a special situation and will be somewhat unique in that sense.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:57:02 am »

What about making the IS5s/FS5s/NS5s and above fit slot 22's? Bottlenecking players into upgrading in T7 for strike augs stinks. At least with be able to put one strike aug in the weapon so it's not as big of a dps hit.

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:17:45 pm »

The whole point of working through progression is getting through the bottlenecks.  If you can't upgrade gear and/or augs, then you aren't ready to progress.  There's no reason to go back and retro-buff weapons to accept augments that were never intended to fit into them.  If you're buying your gear to progress, that's only going to take you so far and eventually you have to get back on the intended path to progression.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:26:06 pm »

Yeah, I have no problem waiting to slot the NS9. I have an NS9 made now that I am waiting to slot til I get the monk a 7.0.....if I had a book before I had the NS9 made I'd simply wait to upgrade the epic til I could make a 9.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »

The whole point of working through progression is getting through the bottlenecks.  If you can't upgrade gear and/or augs, then you aren't ready to progress.  There's no reason to go back and retro-buff weapons to accept augments that were never intended to fit into them.  If you're buying your gear to progress, that's only going to take you so far and eventually you have to get back on the intended path to progression.

I'm not buying gear at all. However, I can't afford to upgrade the strike augs using 3 8's to make 1. That's just asinine requiring 3 8's.

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 01:51:59 pm »

You aren't required to make a slot 22 aug to use the weapon, you just won't get the benefit of having an aug in that slot.  Asinine or not, everyone who needed slot 22 augs before you either made them, bought them or went without.  Strike 9+ are considerably more powerful than strike 8's and therefore require a considerable amount more in cost to make.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 01:54:01 pm »

It evens out to be as if you had 3 NS I believe, not sure on that.  It goes back to normal after the IX when you go to X.  You will Want that extra dps in T8 anyway.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439