Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 02:55:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Guide Request: Complete N008ie5 guide to Charms.  (Read 26235 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2010, 12:06:12 pm »

Would someone mind shedding some light onto the whole charm thing? I'm sure that I am not the only one that is clueless about this right now. People talk about upgrading charms, distilling charms, farming charms and whatnot.

What's it all mean?
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 12:10:39 pm »

There is a whole explanation for this in Dany's guide and another thread.  I know i asked the same thing a while back... Looking for it...

Q. How do you upgrade a charm?
A. You must buy the Noobie Charm V2 off the Noobie Vendor and then find a Charm Upgrade from ldon levels 2-6 (VERY rare). Turn in the noob charm with the upgrade for it's corresponding charm. To continue to upgrade it you must find the same upgrade as your current charm. The charm's go up to lvl 50 (only up to 25 from ldons. 26-50 are from T3 raid content) The charm types are as follows:
Guardian/Oracle/Sorcerer/Brawler

Here is the other thread link...

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=35.0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:16:47 pm by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »

Thank you for that link. It helped.

In ldon level 2 to 6, you will get charm upgrade dropping (very very rare).

Once you get one of the 4 type (guardian, oracle, sorcerer, brawler)

you have to give newbe chamr level2 with upgrade to NPC charm. Then you will get new charm level 1. If you want level 2 wou will need to give you lvl1 charm with the same type upgrade to get level 2.

Exemple :
Newbie charm lvl2 + guradian upgrade = guardian charm lvl 1
    ==> Guardian charm lvl 1 + guradian upgrade = guardian charm lvl 2
    ==> etc..

charm are more easy to get on ldon boss 6 (if you get luck to get the spot...)

OK this is a good start, but it still leaves things a bit vague so I'll follow up with questions from my newbie perspective:

1. There are 4 types of charms:  guardian, oracle, sorcerer, brawler
What's the difference in these charms? Are they class type specific?

2. Can I upgrade my newbie v2 charm to guardian lvl 1, then buy another newbie v2 and upgrade it in brawler levels, thus having 2 charms?

3. What are the stats/effects on the charms?

4. I see in the fighters guild merchant what looks like charm upgrades. Is that what these are?

5. What does the Distiller process have to do with all this? Is that for downgrading charms?

Thank you.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »

OK this is a good start, but it still leaves things a bit vague so I'll follow up with questions from my newbie perspective:

1. There are 4 types of charms:  guardian, oracle, sorcerer, brawler
What's the difference in these charms? Are they class type specific?

They are not class speciifc. They all provide some hpt/mana/stat boosts. They do each have effects that benefit particular classes more than others. I can't remember them all atm but:
Guardian - Provides Defensive stuff like more AC and sheilding and I think more hpts than others
Oracle - Increases amount healed
Sorcer  - Increases damage of spells (this includes Anger aug procs)
Brawler - Increases melee effects like haste and strikethrough maybe as well. Basically it should be the best charm for non-caster dps. Warriors with Anger 5s benefit atm more from Sorcer because it increases proc damage.

2. Can I upgrade my newbie v2 charm to guardian lvl 1, then buy another newbie v2 and upgrade it in brawler levels, thus having 2 charms?

Yes you can have multiple charms of different types, you just cant wear them at the same time.

3. What are the stats/effects on the charms?

Can't remember specifics atm.

4. I see in the fighters guild merchant what looks like charm upgrades. Is that what these are?

That is Hypno's stone of resurrection. It's not a charm its a right click res item.

5. What does the Distiller process have to do with all this? Is that for downgrading charms?

I've actually never put an aug in my charm before but distilling is used for removing augments from items.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:29:26 pm »

I've actually never put an aug in my charm before but distilling is used for removing augments from items.

I didn't even know you could augment charms...  If you do, and you upgrade it, is the augment still there or does it it disappear? Or do you need to remove it, upgrade, and re-add it again?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:34:07 pm by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:47:48 pm »

If I remember correctly, charms were given aug slot 7 a while back, and the negative mana aug was tagged slot 7.  It was a way to stay below the mana cap, but not lose a viable aug slot on your main armor.  If you upgrade a charm with an aug in it, the aug will not be present when the new charm is returned.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:31:10 pm »

New questions...

1. What is an augment?

2. Where do they come from?

3. If you remove it from a charm, do you get it back, ie can you use it on another charm?

Engels

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:34:41 pm »

New questions...

1. What is an augment?

2. Where do they come from?

3. If you remove it from a charm, do you get it back, ie can you use it on another charm?

www.google.com will answer many questions regarding things that also exist on Live.

But, I'm bored at work, so here ya go.

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g287&menustr=030000000000
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 08:21:40 am »

Actually, that's a pretty good explaination.  Wink

Rob Smiley
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:35 am »

As for the focus effects on the charms when upgraded this link explains them:

http://ezserver.org/quick-daily-updates-changes-here-t51.html

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 03:06:44 pm »

If I am 4 boxing a monk, war, cleric, bard... who get's which charm upgrades?

I am guessing

Monk: Brawler
War: Sorcer (for use with anger augs)
Cleric: Oracle
Bard: Guardian (better survivability, since she is the last to get plate upgrades)

How would you do it?
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 03:32:59 pm »

Augments can be removed with distillers.  It tells you which type you need.  The augment vendor sells these for 1cp.   When you remove an aug it gives you the item on your cursor - bag that, then the aug you just removed will show up on your cursor (this is like summoning multiple items at once, if you've ever done that on ie a Mage).

The CG/FG vendors also sell some free basic augs.

If you have an augment on a charm (I've never seen one that works) you'll have to remove it before upgrading it, otherwise you'll lose it.  Same thing goes for the custom Epics (turning in 1.5 to get 2.0 etc) remove the aug first otherwise you'll lose it (if you only use the free augments from CG/FG vendor maybe you don't care..)  It will work fine (I've done it) but you won't get the aug back.

Of course READ THE WARNING on the birdbath, if you insert a LORE augment (there's 2 I know of, a dmg shield one, and one that fits only on gloves) into an item, DO NOT put it back in the birdbath (ie to remove it), you will lose the item!  Basically if you put a LORE augment on an item, which does work fine, it's permanently affixed to that item, that's all.

Charms -
Oracle for healers.
Sorcers (typo) for int casters, and warriors (lol warriors are the best spell casters on this server, it's true).
Guardian for "tanks" (but see above, and Sorcers might be better for Pal/SK for their spells/procs too - or maybe Oracle for Pal?)
Brawlers for pretty much all other melee DPS, Rogue, Monk, Ranger etc.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:34:49 pm by walk2k » Logged

tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »

from the linked thread:

Oracle
------
Focus I - 100% more healing (Level 1-10)
Focus II - 200% more healing (Level 11-20)
Focus III - 300% more healing (Level 21-30)
Focus IV - 400% more healing (Level 31-40)
Focus V - 500% more healing (Level 41-50)

Sorcer
------
Sorcer I - 50% more damage (Level 1-10)
Sorcer II - 100% more damage (Level 11-20)
Sorcer III - 150% more damage (Level 21-30)
Sorcer IV - 200% more damage (Level 31-40)
Sorcer V - 250% more damage (Level 41-50)

Brawler
-------
Cleave I - Chance to Crit (40) (Level 1-9)
Cleave II - Chance to Crit (80) (Level 10-18)
Cleave III - Chance to Crit (120) (Level 19-27)
Cleave IV - Chance to Crit (160) (Level 28-36)
Cleave V - Chance to Crit (200) (Level 37-45)
Cleave VI - Chance to Crit (240) (Level 46-50)

Guardian
--------
Guardian Focus I - 40% more buff duration
Guardian Focus II- 45% more buff duration
Guardian Focus III- 50% more buff duration
Guardian Focus IV- 55% more buff duration
Guardian Focus V- 60% more buff duration
Guardian Focus VI- 65% more buff duration
Guardian Focus VII- 70% more buff duration
Guardian Focus VIII- 75% more buff duration
Guardian Focus IX- 80% more buff duration
Guardian Focus X- 85% more buff duration

So...who would use guardian?  Maybe written with stonewall in mind, but since all warriors use sorc not sure who guardian is intended for (maybe..shm buff bots Tongue)
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 04:36:54 pm »

Depending on your gear vs. content the guardian has better stats for pure tanking.

Even if you were not planning on going for an ultimate charm with your warrior you would want to have both of those charms (sorc & guardian) maxed.  Gives you the widest range of options depending on your situation.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 04:57:15 pm »

Assuming Guardian affects Stonewall, you could just throw on Guardian, hit Stonewall, then switch to Sorcerer's.  Of course if you needed the higher tanking stats then you could leave the Guardian on.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)