Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:23:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pet Caster Idea  (Read 9527 times)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:39 am »

I know it's a bit of work, but would it be possible to make the pet caster epics attuneable with a pet illusion spell?  Maybe have a quest that allows you to turn a pet illusion spell into a weapon aug that makes your T8 pet into whatever illusion you attuned?

Just tossing something out there that might be fun

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:15:52 am »

Do you mean make the pet illusion spells have the pets do specific effects? Like how the mage fire pet has a high dmg shield, earth pet does a root spell? Something like that? Like tiger illusion could have the pet do a tiger maul ?

Keeze
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:22:24 am »

Was more thinking about a purely cosmetic idea, where your pet could be a tiger if you like, or a drake...  No extra coding for abilities, just a perm illusion

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Chameleonn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »

would also like this - seeing that pets are so huge

but make it for much earlier then T7 T8
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 05:04:09 am »

+2

or just make pet illusions drop as augs instead of spells $$

that way you aug your epic, or whatever item with your fav illusion and just click it right after you make your pet

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 11:15:15 am »

Pet Illusion Augment to fit in any aug slot type in any armor slot would be easy and good idea.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 02:17:43 pm »

^^^

great idea in all...look forward to it!

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 03:22:29 pm »

I like the perma illusion idea way better than the augment. I know it would be a lot easier to do it that way.

If you do the augment part, maybe make the illusions do beneficial effects. Like specters could do a cold DD, goblins could do an AOE, tigers could do a panther maw. Would be a way to spice it up. If you could, could code a pet to cast HoT's on group or buff some other way. Would be easy enough to copy the reward Bristlebane pet code and mod it to your needs. 

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:06 am »

I like the perma illusion idea way better than the augment. I know it would be a lot easier to do it that way.

If you do the augment part, maybe make the illusions do beneficial effects. Like specters could do a cold DD, goblins could do an AOE, tigers could do a panther maw. Would be a way to spice it up. If you could, could code a pet to cast HoT's on group or buff some other way. Would be easy enough to copy the reward Bristlebane pet code and mod it to your needs. 

The problem with that is EVERYONE goes for the perceived "strongest" and then you have 900 pet model ABC running around. That's why I left the illusions stat-less. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 11:14:13 am »

I just wanna see a Miniature giant space hamster as a ranger pet.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 12:13:23 pm »

The problem with that is EVERYONE goes for the perceived "strongest" and then you have 900 pet model ABC running around. That's why I left the illusions stat-less. :-)

-Hate

+1

Hunter - EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 04:53:22 pm »

Not to add fuel to any one fire or another but...

Would it not be relatively easy to add this effects to say...our shoulder items? would be very nice to be able to insert whatever illusion we wanted via augment into our shoulder items and then have it work on the player...I dont know if the code would allow it but...would be neat..could even be the very same augs that would effect the pets...

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

Can make illusion spell to affect pets only, or affect any target, or affect group, etc.

If its just an illusion, with no stats, then I could allow the aug to be place on any slot type, not just shoulders.

There are advantages to having illusion spell/buff in an aug clickie, which is freeing up a spell gem slot, and also inventory/bag slot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »

I got a question that i thought of when Xiggie brought up the SOT to aug, What happens when you slot a AUG that has a clicky effect into a item that already has a clicky effect?

when you click the item do both effects take place? does one overwrite the other and only one happens? also was considering this with the UW aug slots with warriors slotting there EPIC Stonewall click with the (FUTURE) possible aug slot for a CLICKY aug. I know UW augs don't currently exists but the possibility of others items, or spells being turned into augs has me wondering more now.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:27 pm »

There would probably be some sort of conflict but the easy solution is to make the SoT aug any inv slot and any aug slot.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291