Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 06:16:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: On the Warpath #1  (Read 49821 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

Ladies/gents/trolls,

I bring to you the first "Planned Updates" thread. These will be kind of a springboard for driving content innovation. We'll try to post these with some regularity, but there is no set date/pattern yet as it's obviously all brand new. The lists do not convey any form of importance by order, merely a list of items in no general order.

Very Soon:
  • Necro "Death" Spell and Quest Line  ON HOLD
  • Consistent, Tiered Platinum Gains  DONE
  • Overthere PVP Tweaking ON HOLD
  • (Almost) New Currency Introduction  DONE
  • TOFS Tiered Platinum Gains (for real this time)  DONE
  • T8 Hand-to-Hand Item Created/Added  DONE
  • T8 HP Values  DONE
  • T7 Wandering Trader made static with 100% uptime  DONE
  • Spell Fixes  DONE
  • Raise HoH Token Drop Rate  DONE
  • MCP Lottery Turn In  DONE*

Bit Later:
  • Epic 3.0+ Aug Conversions  DONE
  • T9 Spells/Epic Augs DONE

Very Soon, Detailed:
1 ) ON HOLD Necro "Death" Spell and Quest Line - More to come, no spoilers. ;-)
2 ) DONE: Plat has been added to T1/T2 bosses & minibosses, T3/T4 spawned bosses in airplane, and MUCH better t8 plat bag drops.
3 ) ON HOLD Overthere could potentially be a lot of fun, but right now it's kind of a weighted scale type of thing.
4 ) DONE: AAXP Crystal and the Credit Rework
5 ) DONE: Floor 5 and above has cash added. The Ice/Icy Shades are aggressive now too.
6 ) DONE: Item added and is dropping
7 ) DONE: T7 was a bit too high on a few things, T8 was too low on a few things. Both sides resolved.
8 ) DONE: He will appear 100% of the time right inside the zone.
9 ) DONE:: Various fixes
10 ) DONE: Increased drop chance by ~12% for tokens and 40% for charms.
11 ) DONE: Hunter did this months ago. Turn in 4, unstacked MCP tokens for 1 random boss. Props bossman.  :-)

Bit Later, Detailed:
1 ) DONE: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4227.msg53863#msg53863
2 ) Once the first item is resolved, the T9 augs will be trivially easy.

With these threads, the biggest thing that is desired is feedback. If you feel we missed something or if something should be a high(er/est) priority, let us know and explain why. Simply demanding problem XYZ be solved because it annoys you isn't going to work for you.

-Hate

EDIT: I've been informed that I should note that the lovely girlfriend (that has taken the moniker 'Loveborne') has written most of these queries so far. She has been taking an interest in SQL and is writing the queries (once I provide her with the data). So...thanks to her for helping me and for putting up with my shenanigans. <3
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:55:53 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:48 am »

when you are fixing T8, anyway to clean up the loot tables, I am pretty sure that no one is looting the original TOV gear...just saying.

ToFS any way to look at the reason why I have 9 tofs II's in my bank and cant catch a break on a 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7? its prolly just my bad rng tho Sad

not sure what the T8 hp fixes are....scary?

who needs plat in ToFS? I want crafter's guild materials! ahhaha
no, serious, awesome thing to look into needs attention

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:49:46 am »

I'd suggest removing the t1/t2 augs from t5 drops (they are a complete waste / annoyance there), and I would pose a serious concern about working on pvp at all.  There are 2-3 classes that will dominate pvp, and eq1 has pretty much always been terrible for pvp.  It could be used for special occasions or whatever, but balancing a zone around pvp just doesn't seem worth the effort to me (and never really worked that great before tbh)

Off the top of my head, I'd also look at getting fippy darkpaw to be a static spawn, its pretty annoying to go through 15 instances/spawns to get him up.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:19:43 am »

I don't think you'll get any arguments from anyone about this idea...

I would like to see an improvement of drop rate of the items required to make T9 armour, specifically the drops from Shadowed Men, Wisps, and Fish, as the numbers per spawn are very low compared to other mob types.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:52:55 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:34:22 am »

Potentially Sore Subject

I think finishing the UW aug system should be on the radar/high list.

For 2 fold, It has been awhile since the nerf and I think people will want to have worked on it for some time.

I also think it ties in with the epic changes and item diversify direction and hp reduction on higher tier damage.

My suggested fix/new UW system

Revert to old recipes, given hp nerfs etc and clicky nerfs I think this fits.

Implement aug recipes built around the 10k/50k exp tokens that incorporate some of the stuff from the new recipe, EoFS essences, 10mil plat sinks, EoN, with some more variety.

Since the UW as is becomes mostly a shell to customize I think this fits, and will create a larger demand for EoFS of all levels because more recipes will utilize it, and i think it will accomplish the ultra rare vision of Hunter's for the highest/most powerful augs if the recipes are done correctly.

This makes getting an UW easier again, because it is also less powerful, and the ship has sailed on it being uber rare.  If done correctly could make making it a true ultimate weapon a rarity with maxed out augs.

I know it is a sore subject, but I wanted to put this out there.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:57:47 am »

T1 essence drops.   Doesn't seem to be working properly...155 turn ins over the last couple days and only 1 essence.   Got 1 essence from 100 fires and 0 from 55 waters.  RNG sucks  Smiley

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 11:22:20 am »

not sure what the T8 hp fixes are....scary?

T8 1h have less HP than some of the T7 items. I was too conservative with the HP.

I'd suggest removing the t1/t2 augs from t5 drops (they are a complete waste / annoyance there), and I would pose a serious concern about working on pvp at all.  There are 2-3 classes that will dominate pvp, and eq1 has pretty much always been terrible for pvp.  It could be used for special occasions or whatever, but balancing a zone around pvp just doesn't seem worth the effort to me (and never really worked that great before tbh)

Right now it's lopsided towards rangers -> warriors -> anyone else. Looking at something a bit more chancey. Would like to create a small patch of ~10 chests that stay invulnerable for 3-8 minutes. When they spawn, server sees message. When they go vulnerable, zone sees a message. While invulnerable, it becomes somewhat king of the hill. They won't be close enough that 1 aoe lets you kill them all, but likely close enough that a ranged character will not be able to drop most of them from the center of their spawn (which will be in one of several places in the zone).  Chests will have 1hp, 0 all-resist. This way anyone on has a small shot at it. Yeah some stupid high ranger/warrior will likely try to charge you over it, but even lowbies have some chance at stealing something.

I would like to see an improvement of drop rate of the items required to make T9 armour, specifically the drops from Shadowed Men, Wisps, and Fish, as the numbers per spawn are very low compared to other mob types.

T9 needs to be looked at as a whole. I'm somewhat unsure about the zone as I was focusing so hard on T8 that I never got up to T9.

I think finishing the UW aug system should be on the radar/high list.

This is another shitstorm for another day. It is on the radar, but not in that sense. Don't worry though, weapons aren't going to be jacked/nerfed/removed. I'm a dick, but I'm heartless. :-)

T1 essence drops.   Doesn't seem to be working properly...155 turn ins over the last couple days and only 1 essence.   Got 1 essence from 100 fires and 0 from 55 waters.  RNG sucks  Smiley

This and HoH tokens were part of that damned UW server-wide nerf. To slow people from obtaining UWs faster, ALL essence/token rates hit the floor. Over time, going to bring them back up into a useful state.

Added one more item to list above!

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 11:59:55 am »

I still say the easiest way to manage UW difficulty is to make a completely separate essence chain to farm to get the 100. Having UW and other, pretty much mandatory crafters hall goodies share the core essences, then ratchet down drop rate really punishes newer players just trying to get their foot in the door. Would be better to see the UW quest with more separation from the others, IMO.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 12:10:40 pm »

I still say the easiest way to manage UW difficulty is to make a completely separate essence chain to farm to get the 100. Having UW and other, pretty much mandatory crafters hall goodies share the core essences, then ratchet down drop rate really punishes newer players just trying to get their foot in the door. Would be better to see the UW quest with more separation from the others, IMO.

The UW itself is a giant problem that will need to be addressed at one point anyway. The server-wide nerfs to slow UW production will be lifted/corrected in a gradual fashion (to prevent essence flooding and overnight loss of value).

-Hate

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »

Please don't do this!  lol   lots of us out there have been working way to hard to get what we have now.   For instance, since money does not drop anywhere anymore,  i finally have the essences needed for lvl 1 and 2 but don't have 20million pp!   It would really suck to lose every bit of progress made and lose 100's and 100's of essences because of the crazy requirements get changed to make it even more crazy by having to start all over.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »

Hello peeps

Here are some ideas that would get me back into the game.  Don't expect everyone to agree, but these are my desires that I can think of:

1. Make content for 1 group max.  I personally don't enjoy having to log in 2 groups just to attempt breaking into T8.  If somebody wants to log in 2 groups to DPS stuff down faster so be it, but content shouldn't be designed that way. Saying "why don't you find people to group with" is silly... there's a reason we all 6box+ as it is.  T7 boss takes either the correct UW, or almost 2 groups..  That is silly.

2. UW - There's half a dozen avenues to pursue.  I guess going back to the pre-nerfs a few months back would be most desired.  We should get rid of that mindset that only X amount of people should own one, because thats not how it works in reality.  Design the game around owning a UW.

3. Get rid of that deathtouch trigger at the entrance of TOFS floor 8 or whichever floor it is.

4. Make Loping Plains a little longer of a repop.  It's great that some people can clear it that fast, but for breaking into the zone it is not fun fighting bosses with repops.  If people want to slaughter that zone, then they can repop it.

5. That Ninja aug.  Don't remember if this got changed or not.  Chasing down a 8 hour repop was not good.

5a. Threat rolling over should be fixed, not earned.  That is a server/EQemu issue, not something players should have to buy or farm. I'd  add Ninja or similar item to Noobie Vendor.

6. SoA - reverting a lot of the changes that made it a PITA.

7. PVP - How many people PVP on an even remotely frequent basis to warrant effort put into changes?  I never understood the focus there and am confused why this would continue.    

Thats all that comes to mind..  been gone a few months so I cant think of too much.  Will keep editting in ideas.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:29:53 pm by Tankdan » Logged
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:57 pm »

Some good items on this list, I'll add one more that I know quite a few people agree with.

Put very limited time and resources towards PvP, I know it was near to Hunter's heart, however, the majority of the server has little to no interest in it and every time I see effort put in to PvP, it is like throwing resources to address 1% of the population vs the 99% of us who couldn't care less about it.

Edit- Just realized marxist said something similar, my bad, but I second eliminating or not paying further attention to PvP

Edit 2 - Hate, put numbers instead of bullets on the top list, then you don't have to go back up and count down the bullets to realize which point you were just reading about Tongue
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:12:40 pm by Arthon » Logged

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 04:40:29 pm »

I have to agree with the Loping plains repop. Breaking in my dps was unable to clear the zone b4 repops... i still can't. I can get halfway with 2 groups before I start to see them again. I think the short respawn is better designed for zones such as ToFS which i think is perfect. This should be on par with anguish imho.

I know you told me it's a step away from impossible, but I would love to see if Akka could get the auras going.  Lips sealed

Oh and eh... last thing... i know we all love the old zones... but with the options available I would love to see the newer zones implemented into progression. ToV zzzzzzzzz ugg. Didn't we all spend enough time there when we played live?

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »

Edit 2 - Hate, put numbers instead of bullets on the top list, then you don't have to go back up and count down the bullets to realize which point you were just reading about Tongue

Also need to make your post look like Skittles have exploded all over your post like Hunter did

EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 07:01:18 pm »

This and HoH tokens were part of that damned UW server-wide nerf. To slow people from obtaining UWs faster, ALL essence/token rates hit the floor. Over time, going to bring them back up into a useful state.

Added one more item to list above!

-Hate

So this is why I am ripping my hair out spending 5 + hours a day in HOH for little to no tokens in result to all of the time spent? It took a good 45 hours of farming to get 600 tokens which equaled out to 46 essences. Glad to know there is a reason it went to shite, hopefully it does get back to being reasonably instead of the current state it seems. Thanks for the info on that Hate!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)