Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:56:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: On the Warpath #1  (Read 45883 times)
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 11:35:55 pm »

My post copied from the 2-10-14 update thread with some changes:

Remove all coin from T1+ mobs, make bags stackable.

Tier1/ToFS1:            (10k)  Tiny Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 25% Key Mob
Tier2/ToFS2:            (20k) Small Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 25% Key Mob
HoH(T3)/ToFS3:       (40K) Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 100% off Shadow, 25% Key Mob
AirPlane(T4)/ToFS4: (40K) Plat Bag. XX% drop off bosses, 25% Key Mob
Tier 5/ToFS5:           (50k) Big Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 100% off White, 50% Key Mob
Tier 6/ToFS6:           (75k) Large Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 100% off OMM,50% Key Mob
Tier 7/ToFS7:           (100K) Giant Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 50% off Greed, 50% Tserrina & Advisor Svartmane
Tier 8:                      (150K) Enormous Plat Bag. XX% drop off trash, 100% off Vulak
Tier 9:                      (200K) Hunter's Wallet: XX% drop off trash. Lore for Hunter's Wallet should be: "It's the one that says, Bad Motherf-er"

XX%= The current drop rate of plat bags in T6.

Some random updates I wanted to ask for but never got around to, figured I'd throw them out there and you can add them if you agree whenever you get a chance.

Make stackable: Crafter's Guild Ores, Essence of Norrath.
Small chance(3%?) for Magical Blue Diamond ore to drop from T6+ bosses.
Add the Guardian's Charm focus onto Ultimate Charms.
I had a couple others but can't remember them now.

Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

some of you might have noticed that Qvic drops the 76k plat bags occasionally. I was seeing around 3 of them every 2 clearings.

It is important to note that even people in Qvic/CT era need plat. I think the 76k plat bags are too much for that level, but they do need something worthwhile.

This will help them afford crafters guild and get their first strike augs going. It would also help them buy higher tier drops from other players which is nice for everyone.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

the amount of plat in the bags is irrelevant if the drop rate is set properly.  also, can we get plat bags to be stackable?
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 03:30:15 pm »

ohh ohhh stackable!!!

can I +78 that?

Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »

the amount of plat in the bags is irrelevant if the drop rate is set properly.  also, can we get plat bags to be stackable?

I disagree. Amount of plat and drop rate matter. I would rather clear the Qvic bosses and get a couple of lower qty plat bags / reset then have to go out of my way to kill mobs for a higher chance at getting that 1 plat bag in the zone with more plat qty.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 05:00:21 pm »

In the long run, it doesn't matter, you'd end up getting the same amount of plat. But yes, the illusion of 'yay, a plat bag' I guess can be addicting to some minds
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »

It is important to note that even people in Qvic/CT era need plat. I think the 76k plat bags are too much for that level, but they do need something worthwhile.

This will help them afford crafters guild and get their first strike augs going. It would also help them buy higher tier drops from other players which is nice for everyone.

Gems drop like candy in Qvic.  Use those to sell and make strike augs.  Making low tier strike augs is frigging DIRT cheap.  When you get t4+ is when it starts to get pricey. And is pointless to start working on UW when you first start out on server so that is not a useful argument either.

Plat drops are fine through t6....they need to be really looked at from t7 on....mainly in t8-9. Hunter made mobs in HoH drop big time plats not too long ago so that zone is fine...t5 drops small to large plat bags and t6 drops plat bags like crazy.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 12:11:26 am »

But yes, the illusion of 'yay, a plat bag' I guess can be addicting to some minds

I literally either think that or say that every time i click on one lol.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 02:17:40 am »

and the longer it takes to get one the more rewarding it can be. moderation is the key to happiness
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 06:54:14 am »

In the long run, it doesn't matter, you'd end up getting the same amount of plat. But yes, the illusion of 'yay, a plat bag' I guess can be addicting to some minds

Not just an illusion.  Most MMO's are basically run by

http://www.simplypsychology.org/operant-conditioning.html
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 08:07:33 am »

and the longer it takes to get one the more rewarding it can be. moderation is the key to happiness

not a single junkie ever took this approach lol

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 09:38:28 am »

not a single junkie ever took this approach lol
And not one true junky is ever truly happy.

Keeze
Amonra666

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 09:54:08 am »

I have not read all the posts so I do apologize if I ninja’d some ideas.
I agree with the previous posts that PVP is getting more attention than necessary. I would suggest putting it to a vote and let the community decide just how much work should really go into it.
I would like to see the blue diamond plate get rolled back to “anyone can use it to level your character status”. It would be great to put the “easy” back into “EZ”...at least until level 70.
I would also recommend making the UW be tier’d to the zone you are in and the stats match accordingly. For example after the initial starting quest, you would 25 Qvic essences and 1million plat for level 1, maybe 50 CT essences and 1.5 million plat for level 2 and so on.  Until you get flagged for a zone you cannot use the weapon if you progress the weapon beyond the tier you are flagged for. As new zones are introduced the weapon would be increased in stats to match the progression of the zone. Even add an Epic slot at T8 or T9 so you don’t feel like you have wasted time in the Epic quests.
I would also like to see jail be active in the public zones and the aggro increased to 20 mobs, if this is possible.
I think most of us get that not everything will be balanced at all times but the constant messing with items that have been worked for, is very annoying.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 10:35:24 am »

I think most of us get that not everything will be balanced at all times but the constant messing with items that have been worked for, is very annoying.

Got any specific examples of recent items being continually adjusted?

-Hate
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:40:11 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 10:44:22 am »

Hate youre not posting with skittle colored text. Go spend some time with bubba and reflect upon your mistake.

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053