Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:13:43 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: On the Warpath #1  (Read 49897 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 11:30:20 am »

Hate youre not posting with skittle colored text. Go spend some time with bubba and reflect upon your mistake.

I think most of us get that not everything will be balanced at all times but the constant messing with items that have been worked for, is very annoying.

Got any specific examples of recent items being continually adjusted?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:47 pm »

i love to see a revamp of Kael Drakkel or Dragon Necropolis

i would also love to see another zone like  ToFS where all level of progression can enjoy.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »

I have not read all the posts so I do apologize if I ninja’d some ideas.
I agree with the previous posts that PVP is getting more attention than necessary. I would suggest putting it to a vote and let the community decide just how much work should really go into it.
I would like to see the blue diamond plate get rolled back to “anyone can use it to level your character status”. It would be great to put the “easy” back into “EZ”...at least until level 70.
I would also recommend making the UW be tier’d to the zone you are in and the stats match accordingly. For example after the initial starting quest, you would 25 Qvic essences and 1million plat for level 1, maybe 50 CT essences and 1.5 million plat for level 2 and so on.  Until you get flagged for a zone you cannot use the weapon if you progress the weapon beyond the tier you are flagged for. As new zones are introduced the weapon would be increased in stats to match the progression of the zone. Even add an Epic slot at T8 or T9 so you don’t feel like you have wasted time in the Epic quests.
I would also like to see jail be active in the public zones and the aggro increased to 20 mobs, if this is possible.
I think most of us get that not everything will be balanced at all times but the constant messing with items that have been worked for, is very annoying.

Wow, great first post...  EZ never meant easy, and it is already painfully easy to go from 1-70...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 02:28:35 pm »

i would also love to see another zone like  ToFS where all level of progression can enjoy.

Hehe that's something Hunter and I discussed. In the coming months, you will see a few of them pop up. Optionals are fun :-)

-Hate

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »

/veto dn.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 05:01:26 pm »

/veto dn.
DN is x900734 better than Kael.

Especially if there is a teleporter to the zone. Getting there was half the battle
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 05:18:25 pm »

Not specifically those zones but more optional content zones.

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »

I will cry if you do either of those zones as a progression. Optional I wouldn't mind, but progression total 2 year old baby tantrum.

*edit* I do enjoy the idea of a faction grind....

Keeze
red2

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2014, 06:37:15 pm »

One thing that comes to mind is the mana neck. it was trade-able, then wasn't. then was, now not again i think. was just a large canni to help with mana, now it is like a NS aug for pets. the first time it was made not tradeable, i decided not to touch it for awhile. i knew some people who go it stuck on wrong toons.

and not so omuch one specific item more fog of change. not here to gripe, just listing a few of the changes in last few months. the WW off of t7 bp. the change in recipe for UW. the drop rate of essences ( esp t7, down then up then wayyyy up then wayyy down) there was a point there back in nov/dec you literally had to check the boards every other day atleast to see changes, for fear of being banned for something new, see what the new nerf was or how to get around.

please don't take this as a specific gripe to any one of these changes. you asked what has been changes and this highlights some key points and feelings. 
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 12:37:06 am »

Hehe that's something Hunter and I discussed. In the coming months, you will see a few of them pop up. Optionals are fun :-)

-Hate

I agree with this, but just remember, ToFS was optional to begin with and now its pretty much required since Hunter decided to make resists a thing. I may be the only one but I hate ToFS, especially farming up resist stones for a group so I can reasonably hunt in there.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 12:40:54 am »

One thing that comes to mind is the mana neck. it was trade-able, then wasn't. then was, now not again i think. was just a large canni to help with mana, now it is like a NS aug for pets. the first time it was made not tradeable, i decided not to touch it for awhile. i knew some people who go it stuck on wrong toons.

That was a misunderstanding of Hunter and a player. Some one tried to spin off that it was some kind of exploitative @#%$&. It was not the case and I got him to fix them (...twice).

and not so omuch one specific item more fog of change. not here to gripe, just listing a few of the changes in last few months. the WW off of t7 bp. the change in recipe for UW. the drop rate of essences ( esp t7, down then up then wayyyy up then wayyy down) there was a point there back in nov/dec you literally had to check the boards every other day atleast to see changes, for fear of being banned for something new, see what the new nerf was or how to get around.

WW was, as I've stated dozen times, was due to level gaps. I had to set the amount to an extraordinary amount due to the level gaps (70 vs ~80s). The mobs ignored so much of it at the time of the ability's creation that it HAD to be stupid high. While I was MIA, Hunter changed the level on the players and lowered the mobs. When I got back, I NEVER thought to check on again. So...yeah, I'm sorry for that one again but when Hunter changed levels it DID jack up my original setup.
[/quote]

please don't take this as a specific gripe to any one of these changes. you asked what has been changes and this highlights some key points and feelings. 

That's quite alright, I didn't take it as such. Part of that was me, part was Hunter, and then a few nuts thrown in as well. Barring the first month or so where we get a handle on things and correct a few longstanding issues, things should be more consistent and stable.

Thank you for the info though. It was nice to see some specifics instead of generalized posts.

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 12:43:07 am »

-Hate

I agree with this, but just remember, ToFS was optional to begin with and now its pretty much required since Hunter decided to make resists a thing. I may be the only one but I hate ToFS, especially farming up resist stones for a group so I can reasonably hunt in there.

Yeah... I'm aware Undecided

Hunter and I spoke numerous times about this very thing. Something will eventually be done to address it, but it will not be in the immediate future (next 30 days).

-Hate

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 07:03:55 am »

It would be nice if there were parallel optional zones

Maybe resist stones drop in 3 zones instead of 1.  Maybe there are equivalent mobs in the 3 zones for essences, maybe there is a rot like vendor that trades different zones into what you need, or get renamed to Master essence with several sources of ~equal difficulty/time commitment.

I was working the Tserrina/Advisor camp of late, and that is the most boring camping experience I have ever experienced in all of my EQ experience on any server.  Just my opinion

In short would love an alternative to climbing ToFS.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:32 am »

Speaking of TOFS, just a tiny thought:

can we make the lower tier (1&2) Heroic Resist stones stackable?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 08:03:36 am »

Speaking of TOFS, just a tiny thought:

can we make the lower tier (1&2) Heroic Resist stones stackable?

This ... that is all!  (good idea bud Smiley )

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)