Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:23:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: On the Warpath #1  (Read 49650 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:58 pm »

A few of my favorite zones:

Riftseekers Sanctum (OOW exp). Plenty of mobs, plenty of named, good layout.
Stillmoon Temple (DoN exp). Good sized zone, deep encounters, looks good.
Thundercrest Isles: Same as above, more mobs
Crystallos (SoF exp): GREAT raid zone, lots of fun.....not huge but enough to keep ya busy.
Toskirakk: (SoD exp) Huge, lots to kill, great layout.
Korascian Warrens (SoD exp) Lots to kill, complex, great opportunities for traps and nasty surprises.
Kernagir, the Shining City (Underfoot) Good size, lots of mobs, looks amazing

There are others, but these are some of my favorites that some players may have never seen (later expansions).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2014, 03:10:06 am »

ashengate, frostcrypt, solteris, ssra temple for new raid zones.

I also like the idea of revamping some leveling zones, though I would want them to be a non-tier/raid zone; lower guk (would have to figure out a fix / remove lguk loot from fighter / caster guild), lake of ill omen and maidens eye come to mind
Medic

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2014, 03:16:08 am »

Can we see about allowing combines of 2 or 3 V1 charms into a V2 charm?  It will make grinding out a UC more reasonable.

Krunkley, Gimble and Co.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2014, 06:21:51 am »

Can we see about allowing combines of 2 or 3 V1 charms into a V2 charm?  It will make grinding out a UC more reasonable.

Or possibly upping the rate of v2 charms in HOH slightly...

I'm a middle of the road UC T4 geared epic 4.0 Strike 7 guy.. I usually box 3 or 4.. but as far as progression goes.. man.. Getting those suckers up to to 1200 resist just to get into TOFS's 3rd level was a chore and it's still dicey at times.. I couldn't imagine trying to navigate TOFS 3 for v2s.... without Strike 7s... without UCs... without 4.0s... Without T4 gear.. and I'm extremely gimp by server standards these days..

So if you're newer to the server and grinding your way up... You pretty much need UC toons to (ESPECIALLY since you won't have the dps of higher level augs)... to... to.... farm up UCs?

How does that make any sense? I get the idea that the T7-T8 guys need to plow HOH for tokens and you don't want to make it easier on them to get their UC2s and such.. But making V2s practically non-existant in HOH (the ... natural...progression...zone...for.....V2s...) just provides a gauntlet people without elite gear can't run.

I'm  not sitting here saying 'zomgz make HOH v2 candyland'.. I'm just saying TOFS3 (and really.. 4... People needing to make UCs for their core toons aren't spamming down TOFS3 bosses..) isn't terribly feasible. Now the second floor is candyland once you hit 1k resists, but slowly building stones (and still only amassing v1s) isn't going to help you much in TOFS3 (where there still isn't a whole hell of a lot of v2s).

Just something to consider for the little guys. I've grinding my way up to 1.2k resists on 4 toons in a couple days and i'm meandering through the bottle neck.. but the guys coming up behind me arent going to have full T4.. 4.0+s... UCs... meaningful ROAS.. Full Strike 7 augs.. etc.. And they are going to hit a wall.....

Just an example: when bored I spam down Heavens Avatars in repop instances on my monk while i spam down willowisps with my warrior (who's still only about 4/5s done with his UC.. And I usually can finish 2 SLSs before i see a single charm drop. And thats about 3-4 heavens clears (i could kill faster, but sometimes i like just two boxing).. Maybe thats bad RNG but that's one v2 per hundred Heaven Avatars on average. Or one v2 per 20 greater lightstones (and i gotta repop instances when i pop ancient wisps and i chase 'em around to level ground and smack em so its not a constant /tar /stick AFK bot fest)...

Just please consider it. Making things more annoying for the backtracking top tier players is something you have to weigh in.. But you shouldn't completely trample the new and unwashed masses trying to progress from scratch, either. A monkey hitting keys randomly could get 100 v1 charms in a day.. but it'd take him weeks upon weeks to finish a single UC if he has to resort to TOFS 3/4.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2014, 11:14:37 am »

If you're gonna allow combining V1's into V2's (which I do not recommend) then make it a sizable number of V1's. Ten wouldnt bother me, to be frank.....V1's are ridiculously easy to get now, which is fine (early players need the help compensating for all the beefed up changes in the game to offset UW, UC, etc). At the very least I'd say 8 v1 per V2.

The path to a UC shouldnt be wide and bump free.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2014, 11:42:37 am »

v1s will not be usable on v2 level combines. That part will stay. Some of the damage done because of the server wide adjustments due to the UW will slowly be undone. HoH will see some small bumps to make it less ridiculous. Avatars of Heaven have not been a charm sweet spot in many months (Hunter removed it).

ToFS is a faster form of charm farming for those with the gear/levels to do so. It was not intended to become the primary/only source (but, due to UW and their global nerfing effect, it did). Many before you have done the resist grind and will do so after you. Hunter and I did discuss a few tweaks to make it slightly less...ridiculous.

As for the "little guys" bit, things are easier than ever right now. V2s are a bit awkward, I will admit. v2s aside, the grind is much easier than it was previously. Characters are much stronger and more durable than when I did my first two UCs. My SK was missing ~10 sorc and ~10 brawler when I reported a pet exploit that Hunter gave me a UC code for. Obviously I could have just finished the UC on my SK and use the awarded one on another character, but I chose for the immediate benefit to tank. I also want to point out that my SK did not have ANY stonewall from level 1 to about one fifth of the way done with T5. I was clearing through HoH (which had decent drop rates) with a single group, doing 1-2 avatars per pull.

tl;dr - I'm aware, gimme time to get situated and start tweaking thing slowly. To school, in snow, uphill, both ways, etc

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2014, 11:43:28 am »

A UC is much faster the better you get at farming in terms of gear and method. Don't simplify it too much, tofs already allows you to practically finish one in a day
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »

Ya V2 really suck ... I'm still working on my resist .. Is  3  level of ToFS allot better the HoH?
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2014, 02:11:29 pm »

Yes. 5 is the best, but I wouldnt do 5 til your whole team was 1600+ resists.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »

Hate could you possibly increase the spawn time in loping plains. Plllzzzzzz

Keeze
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2014, 06:42:04 pm »

Suggestion for the Easy Experience v1/v2/v3 items:

-Make an upgrade available for the difference in credits between each level, similar to how the UCs are on the Reward Item Vendor. For example, create a v2 upgrade for 250 credits, which can be combined with the v1 Easy Experience Item for a v2 Easy Experience reward item. Likewise, a 500 credit v3 upgrade to be combined with the v2 easy experience item. That way the items would build into each other and not penalize you for buying the first one before the others came out.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2014, 10:11:09 pm »

-Make an upgrade available for the difference in credits between each level, similar to how the UCs are on the Reward Item Vendor. For example, create a v2 upgrade for 250 credits, which can be combined with the v1 Easy Experience Item for a v2 Easy Experience reward item. Likewise, a 500 credit v3 upgrade to be combined with the v2 easy experience item. That way the items would build into each other and not penalize you for buying the first one before the others came out.

You aren't penalized. If you buy rank one and want to move up to rank two, email me. We can simply correct that with some intervention, much the same way that Hunter would have done it. Though a combine friendly route will be devised.     

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2014, 06:58:42 am »

if you buy the easy experience v2 and have allready V1, then  you have to pay only 250 EZ for the v2, I dont see any penalty in it  Smiley
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2014, 07:19:13 am »

Slot 21 add to Tserna Staff ??

Keeze
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2014, 08:57:09 am »

You aren't penalized. If you buy rank one and want to move up to rank two, email me. We can simply correct that with some intervention, much the same way that Hunter would have done it. Though a combine friendly route will be devised.     

-Hate

Fantastic; didn't know that was an option.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260