Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:23:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The New Classes  (Read 3916 times)
Ashlierayne

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:05:10 pm »

Anyone gone over to live yet to try the two new classes? Froggie Monk and Wood Elf Beastie.. Sounds kinda fun
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:13:30 pm »

I tried live again about a month ago...no one on I remember playing with and you cant use any of your old gear w/o having to pay for the account...no thanks, ezserver beats live hands down.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:12 pm »

/testcopy
Play free on test
Still sucks
Go back to Ezserver
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:24:09 am »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of EQ live anymore. Too much BS. I dont mind the FTP limitations, to be honest....you'd need to pay em $15 a month with the old method or find ways around with the new.....but just as with what makes P99 for me such a losing proposition....what made old EQ amazing and made you not care how grindy and time consuming it was.....community!!.....just isnt there live or on P99.

That said....really, really liking what Sony is doing with EQ Next Landmark in alpha. The game now is clunky, not optimized (normal for a beta) very limited in its depth (about 1/5 of the features are released, if that, to allow them to work on the game sections at a time with player input). Buggy as all hell....but again, to be expected in alpha. But you can easily see the potential. And.....Sony is bending over backwards to make the experience a good one. Communication is VERY open.....to the point that they dropped NDA 1st week in. They tell us openly when they mess up, and what they are doing to fix it. They listen to feedback, and act on it, even if its to tell us, "we dont think thats a very good idea....and here's why". And, often, its easy to see why they are right.

Time will tell whether or not this is a temporary thing...but I honestly think the thing that was keeping Sony so handcuffed and screwy (control and direct management from Tokyo and adherence to outdated, control freak business practices) is gone. Hope I'm right....because EQ Next has a ton of potential.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Ashlierayne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:25:50 pm »

I think EQN does has the potential but at the same time.. Anyone that has played EQ since the start knows how bad Sony can mess up something.. SWG is prim of that. They need to take their time on EQN and make it the game EQ2 never got the chance to be. Even tho EQ2 was kind of fun from the lore stand point. It was the 1st game I didnt mind doing trade skills in.

They've had 15 years to learn what to do and not to do but I dont know. I just cant trust Sony at all for some reason. I saw a lot of good things go to crap in the 15 years Ive played EQ. Time will tell, Im sure they also know, if they dont get EQN right after all the hype and stuff it will break them.

So we will have to wait and see what happens.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)