Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server Update  (Read 7203 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2014, 03:46:12 pm »

All,

Here is the state of affairs:
  • Yesterday as some of you know, Hunter's dad was cleaning the house and unplugged the server from the wall. So we had to wait for a good portion of the day for on site help to arrive to press a key to get the server online. The server was recovered and I attempted a really slow and painful port of the server, but we ran into issues right away that it was far too late in the day for me to sit down and work through them as I had to leave work (At 11PM)
  • I've decided to take a separate approach as to where our destination server will reside. This may be temporary, this could be longer. But either way we are sitting on really good hardware and internet connection that will sustain this server no problem and for the high bursts in population it will recieve when we do double loot this weekend.
  • Secrets, Hateborne and I will be conducting a series of tests on the destination server to make sure that original functionality is up to par with what we're seeing with the original server. Last night we had issues with group invites and a few other things that I spotted myself, things that will require us to take time to troubleshoot why such simple and trivial things decided to throw fits when spinning up the new server. Something that should have not taken very much time, ended up being a hassle - but we will work through it.

Donations:
  • There has been some pretty amazing support from everyone. This has been much appreciated, this 50% off credits campaign will end Sunday, the 16th.
  • Once the dusts settles I will be working on sending Hunter's wife some money so she can sustain. I've not been in touch with her but Basher certainly has through this tough time.

Double Loot:
  • Will start this Friday, I don't have an exact time, but this will go through Monday the 17th. This is in celebration of Hunter and the EZ Community, I will post more things on this once we get over these other hurdles.

Once again, I have taken today off of work to try and get things pushed off and smooth sailing which requires a ton of work and reverse-engineering of what Hunter has left behind. We might do a move tonight (Thursday) but I will update if I have more details on that front.

EDIT: We have done a series of testing on the new server and everything appears to be working well. At around 9PM CST the server will be going down for a migration of services and we should be back up shortly.

9:46PM: Server is up and buzzing! You should notice some very nice improvements! Please post what you notice differently here, positive or negative!

Character mover will not work, Magelo will not be updated until we can get the website under control with Basher's help.

Thanks,
Akkadius
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:59:50 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Medic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:54:20 pm »

Are all "Extra" monies headed to Hunter's wife and son?  If so I have more I would like to donate.  Please advise.

Krunkley, Gimble and Co.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:48:01 pm »

It's running on rocket fuel..

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:52:13 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:43:22 pm »

Looting is fast, and selling things to merchants is even faster! Everything looks great so far!

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 12:30:17 am »

Looting is fast, and selling things to merchants is even faster! Everything looks great so far!

You haven't seen anything yet. We've been noting things that are sagging on a performance level. Akkadius is a bit of a performance nut from our discussions. I can say that I would  expect things to hit 88 mph soon.

What happens when we hit 88 mph?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:40:48 am »

Awesome stuff guys. This summer will be 4 years that I've been on EZ Server and aside from live its the only EQ I've played, its awesome to know it is in good hands to continue.

Quick question, forgive me if this is inappropriate or has been answered before but does anyone know what happened to Hunter? It seemed odd that he passed shortly after taking a year off to be with his wife and newborn, I have been wondering if he was sick and knew it was the end or not?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 12:42:00 am »

Awesome stuff guys. This summer will be 4 years that I've been on EZ Server and aside from live its the only EQ I've played, its awesome to know it is in good hands to continue.

Quick question, forgive me if this is inappropriate or has been answered before but does anyone know what happened to Hunter? It seemed odd that he passed shortly after taking a year off to be with his wife and newborn, I have been wondering if he was sick and knew it was the end or not?

I don't know still. :-(

Basher didn't seem to have any exact answer and neither did Hunter's wife.

-Hate

Ashlierayne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 08:42:38 am »

Great job Akka, Basher, and Hate!

No lag when pulling in ToFS anymore!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:45:13 am by Ashlierayne » Logged
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 09:18:27 am »

Everything seems much smoother. Zoning, killing, looting...

Awesome!!
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 01:04:05 pm »

One of my biggest issues is zoning. 7/13 would crash and have to be reloaded...every time I zoned... hope this fixes it. Will test it out !

Keeze
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:33:18 pm »

Still crash on zoning Sad

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »

One of my biggest issues is zoning. 7/13 would crash and have to be reloaded...every time I zoned... hope this fixes it. Will test it out !

Details please. Number of characters, zone, instanced/public, fresh (zone), and are you running a slim(mer/ed) client?

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »

I am chalking these crashes to me on my end. Never happened until I went from 3G to 4G for an internet connection.

Keeze
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053