Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:32:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Epic System Overhaul Live with Reboot!  (Read 18097 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:19:10 pm »

With tonight's reboot (3/30/14 6:00 AM EST), the new class augment system will be live!

It's finally here. After hearing/seeing me spout off about it, the thing is finally here. Starting with Epic 3.0 and above turn-ins will result in the "class augment" of your respective class. Examples can be found below in the bullet list.

Essentially, the upgrade process will go like this: Take your current epic weapon and the next Completed Augment Book to the Epic Vendor. Turn both in to receive your <ClassGoesHere> Class Augment X.Y from him. (i.e. I turn in my Staff of Phenomenal Power 3.0 and Completed Augment Book 3.5 for Wizard Class Augment 3.5). I can then take my 3.5 augment and place it in ANY tiered weapon drop (PoD weapons, HoH, or even Temple Veeshan).

Noteworthy Changes:
  • Epic Books/Pages above 2.5 are named "Augment Books" or "Augment Pages".
  • Any weapon swaps (1H for 2H or 2H for 1H) at or above 3.0 will result in the augment form as the swap result
  • Epic Vendor will spam a pop-up if you get near him with an Incomplete Augment Book.
  • Plane of Dragons (postorms) has 3.0 weapons for free if you turn in an epic for an augment, but have no weapon to slot it.
  • Each tiered zone (T1+) contains at LEAST 1 special item that breaks the bounds of the tier's stat restrictions.
  • Epic Vendor will handle 8.0 exchanges (both 1h->2h and 7.0 + scale for 8.0)
  • Warriors no longer have a two handed version of their epic!

Spell file will be released tonight to handle minor change to the epic aug slot (renamed in dbstr_us) and few small edits.

-Hate

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:04:02 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:57:00 pm »

Nice job Hate! Looks good!

EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:14:46 pm »

Did you adjust the T7 weapon dmg w/this? Looking at the 1hs the T6 epic is the same base dmg as the T7 shell/skin. I think the T6 shell/skin is higher than t7?

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:01:31 pm »

Did you adjust the T7 weapon dmg w/this? Looking at the 1hs the T6 epic is the same base dmg as the T7 shell/skin. I think the T6 shell/skin is higher than t7?

I have not, but I have not forgotten. The T7 and T8 items need to be scaled up. Girlfriend (Loveborne) and I will try to scale them tonight or tomorrow. No guarantees though.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 04:56:23 am »

Any chance we can be given a choice to have the epic weapon instead of teh aug? Cuz so far the weapon drops are inferior to the epic weapons.

Also any chance we can get we can get the epic by handing in the book if we've already gone thru getting the preceding epics? Example is like I already have an epic 6.0 and I just want a 2nd 6.0 I can just turn in the 6.0 book instead of having to start all the way from 1.5 on up?

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 06:05:51 am »

So i scored a Airplane Tier doggy whacker for my monk (Shiny Death, or something like that)... do i have to farm up books 2.5+ to get the augment for it (obviously with two slot 4s, a slot 8 and an epic slot it's worth using over a 4.0....

Or do i turn in an actual 4.0 weapon for the augment?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 06:44:32 am »

First bug:

Postorms is booting all my t5 toons to nexus (and younger) saying 'you need to be level 71 to enter this zone'..

obv my toons are 73 and have the flags for abyss+.. so something is wonky..

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 07:16:43 am »

First bug:

Postorms is booting all my t5 toons to nexus (and younger) saying 'you need to be level 71 to enter this zone'..

obv my toons are 73 and have the flags for abyss+.. so something is wonky..

im having this same issue, ive tried hailing the lvl up npc and teleporter a few times to see if would reflag, tried equiping epics rather than uw, tried camping out and back in and still get the must be lvl 71 message.
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 09:13:26 am »

With tonight's reboot (3/30/14 6:00 AM EST), the new class augment system will be live!

• Any weapon swaps (1H for 2H or 2H for 1H) at or above 3.0 will result in the augment form as the swap result

This doesn't seem to be working, at least for Warrior 6.0.  Vender tells me he doesn't need this item and hands it back.
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 10:50:39 am »

When clicking the different epic links (5.0, 5.5, 6.0, etc) after hailing the Epic vendor, he doesn't respond with what is required. Now I have already completed these epics, but I believe he should still respond with requirements.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 12:57:06 pm »

*BUG*
Turning in ranger 6.0 for 7.0 results in the BOW only aug. Attempting to turn it in for a melee aug and is given right back.

Keeze
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »

That is not a bug rangers have only had an effect on their bow for awhile now so thats the only aug you can get on a ranger, and Serra the weapons arent inferior, your comparing a 5.0 epic to a new 3.0 weapon (or something along those lines, your comparing the wrong two)

Krinkle Sprinkle
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 02:07:36 pm »

Any chance of reverting the Epic Vendor to give epic weapons instead of epic augs and switching between 1-handers and 2-handers. Then making an Epic Aug Vendor NPC which you can trade your epic  for an epic aug?

Annoying having to downgrade to 3.0 skin which is a hit in white damage, hp/mana, and loss of aug slot(s).
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 02:10:53 pm »

Could just not hand in epic for upgrade til you go get the right tier weapon. I havent tried lower tiers yet, but getting them in T7 is pretty easy and quick.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

Made the mistake on 1 toon, as have some other people. I am holding out on the other turn-ins now. I have some T7 skins but would have to make rank 9 augs for them.

Overall this is a nice update. We are getting more powerful weapons that we can use before getting our current tier's epic.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 142