Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:08:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server economy  (Read 5685 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:54:16 am »

Our server economy is kind of screwy, for a large number of reasons. A lot of it was initially because there's a lot of duped and improperly earned plat in the system....but that was just the start of the snowball. The biggest issue is that while getting a team set and working as is needed in progressing tiers is pricey, and requires HUGE chunks of plat as you go, once you GET there there pretty much is nothing to suck up plat. So when upper tier players DO need an item that costs plat to complete they pay well above market value because of convenience....and slowly this drives up "common prices". Although you can buy SLS for example all day long from Timmy for 200K, Chuck has a massive bank account and can earn mass cash hourly in Zone X....so to him paying double what the item normally sells for to save 15 to 20 minutes is worth it. Then when Antoine asks in OOC, "What are SLS going for these days?" when he wants to buy or sell although 4 people say "200K or so" ONE guy says, "I saw someone yesterday offering to pay 500K each". What number do you think will stick in a sellers brain?

This slowly causes the costs of some of these items to climb.....especially the mass sellers like tier essences and SLS.

We discussed this some in OOC yesterday. At the top tier there really isnt a method set to suck up plat from the player, and there needs to be a way to do so. Could do this with new items that require a huge investment of platinum (the "Essence of Platinum" isnt a bad idea). But there might be other ways.

Dim suggested selling SLS on a vendor, and I think this aint at all a bad idea. Perhaps a vendor that sells SLS at a much higher than current rate (which is 300Kish). Perhaps 500K per SLS. The SLS would still be tradeable, and you can still farm them....allowing nooblettes to sell theirs at a price undercutting the vendor, if they so desire. But there are enough players with heavy cash reserves that will pay the inflated price for convenience, and it would serve to suck up some of the plat from the top players. Perhaps you might even find a way to allow players to SELL SLS to this vendor for 1/2 what he sells them to other players....working the system in reverse. Of course with heavy warnings that all sales of SLS to the vendor are final, no GM reversals. This would help in two ways: fast means of cash to younger players who need it, way to suck up some of the big plat reserves from higher end players.....and anyone can go around the system by selling directly between players at an agreed upon price between.

Who knows....if it works well you might even consider doing it for EoN or ToFS essences. I dont think I would use it for tier essences, though.....not without limits of some kind (max amount from the vendor til reset, unless a player sells them to the vendor. I know code is already in place for this type thing in bazaar for some of the old crafting ore).

Just an idea to bandy about.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

So it's just like real life!   lol    The rich will pay what they want because they can and the poor hope that there is someone out there that will open up a dollar store so they can afford it.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:01:03 pm »

Yup! And just as in real life, getting rich is easy.....just takes time, effort and dedication toward that goal.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:40:50 pm »

im in  Cheesy

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:32:19 am »

I would kill for the ability to simply buy them (even at an inflated cost) rather than mind-numbingly farming gray mobs for hours and hours to get the thousands (ok, maybe it's hundreds) of SLS's needed to progress. 
The farming of SLS's are the only thing holding me back from starting in T7.  I simply don't want to go farm SLS's to get my AUG's up to where they need to be.  So my DPS lacks, I know this, I accept this.  I would rather spend my time blowing through T6 over and over (getting money, AA and UC2's) rather than stare at my computer screen blankly and kill gray willow of wisps to only gain SLS's.   Which can spawn a raid mob that only a hand full of people can kill (Me not being one of them). 
I like killing things of my level and gaining 3 benefits rather than killing tons of gray mobs to gain 1.  I know I am not alone on this.  This would be a great way to suck all the money being made in T6 out of the economy. 
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 11:30:28 am »

I agree. SLS farming shouldn't be like this. Time spent in game needs to be elsewhere.

Keeze
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061