Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:35:42 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3.0 Pet proc reduced?  (Read 8869 times)
maldarr

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:05 pm »

Hi all!

Ever since the server went down on 4/19, I notice that my 3.0 pet now does a fraction of the damage/healing he was doing before. His proc used to go off a lot for 10k, but now it goes off much more seldom and for mainly 300 (yes, with 2 zeros), and very occasionally for 9999.  I noticed a huge difference between kills in Cazic, especially because I was farming there for my Cleric right before and right after the server went down. I didn't see anything on the front page about this specifically, but I've been away from playing for awhile, so maybe I missed something. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:11 am »

I went and tried the practice dummy in QRG with a necro....procfest. Might be wall bug; sometimes pet holds the mob in the wall, and no line of site for proc to work. Or might be related to another post in here about procs. Question: when you're seeing this, did you have DMF or another lev on you and pet?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:03:41 am »

Hi.
No DMF or other lev on either one of us, just the standard BuffBot buffs and the Nec pet haste buff. I'll have to try the practice dummy or another zone. I've seen the wall problem. I try to keep the pet out of the walls, as it severely hampers his healing. Cazic is the only zone I have tried so far and it's now pretty rough with adds. It's not just the low proc rate, but the fact that the 10k proc doesn't seem to happen anymore. I only get 300, and occasionally a 9999. I saw something similar on the test server also, but there were a lot of 9999 procs (no 300), so it was not a big deal. -1 per proc with a high proc rate doesn't really hamper the pet kills.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:16:08 am by maldarr » Logged
Alchema

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:12:55 am »

Hi there

i have noticed this alot when in Qvic with my Necro! it dosent proc as often also i dosent proc alot when killing bosses :/
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:32 am »

i know that is a call about 3.0 directly but why necro didnt work to Mana Neckless created now for each of my silky toons Mana Neck and see that is the only one where doesnt work ... now i will try out my wizzard but i know there is it countless !

maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 11:47:35 pm »

Well, I went to the Practice Dummy in the newbie area and got the same results. Proc didn't go off very much in the 2 min I engaged, and when it did, it was mostly for 234, and occasionally for 9999. Odd that it was for even less than before (300). I even tried an older spell file just to test, but that did nothing. I tried with all buffs from Buffbot, and no buffs on me or the pet. I also tried with V2 swords and without. Summoning a new pet did nothing. I have no idea what has changed, unless a ninja nerf was put in place. I doubt that though. I have no idea what to do about this...  Undecided

EDIT: I checked the proc rate in POD. It's better, but nowhere near what it used to be. Something must have changed, as the high damage is at 9999, where it used to be 10000, and there is the weird value of 55 damage thrown in. I added a capture of the damage to a Silver Dragon below.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:20:07 am by maldarr » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:50 am »

Well, I went to the Practice Dummy in the newbie area and got the same results. Proc didn't go off very much in the 2 min I engaged, and when it did, it was mostly for 234, and occasionally for 9999. Odd that it was for even less than before (300). I even tried an older spell file just to test, but that did nothing. I tried with all buffs from Buffbot, and no buffs on me or the pet. I also tried with V2 swords and without. Summoning a new pet did nothing. I have no idea what has changed, unless a ninja nerf was put in place. I doubt that though. I have no idea what to do about this...  Undecided

EDIT: I checked the proc rate in POD. It's better, but nowhere near what it used to be. Something must have changed, as the high damage is at 9999, where it used to be 10000, and there is the weird value of 55 damage thrown in. I added a capture of the damage to a Silver Dragon below.

LoL correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a damage shield.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 11:06:53 am »

Hi Hate.

What does your comment mean? While I understand what a DS is, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to. Can you please explain?

Thanks!
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 11:25:57 am »

The 55 damage is a damage shield. It's most likely the DS from the buff bot, shield of thorns? I think. If it was at 300ish before, you might have had one of the druid blessing of ancient oaks on your pet, it's 100 point ds per rank. Seems like your pet is proccing just fine, though.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:27 am »

Hi Hate.

What does your comment mean? While I understand what a DS is, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to. Can you please explain?

Thanks!

The 55 damage you are seeing is from the damage shield hurting the NPC. Next time you buff your pet at the buff bot (or by hailing the pet), look at the pet. It's got a damage shield buff on it. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 12:43:54 pm »

Ah, Ok. Thank you both for the clarification! Smiley
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 01:19:10 pm »

Looking at your screenie your pet seems to be proccing just fine for its tier.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 12:50:02 am »

I think in the case of PoD, the procs are OK, but before I was proc'ing at a much larger rate. The proc would go off for 10k at least 4-5 times in a row, usually more. To be honest, it seemed a bit OP. I could pretty much solo most anything in T1 and a lot in T2. Now the pet dies in Cazic when I get more than 2 adds. Meh. It is what it is. I'll adapt.  Grin
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 09:42:22 am »

The issue with CT is usually walls. Similar in other zones. Pull out to the courtyard and check the proc rate.

maldarr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »

Yea, I took the pet back to T1 to do some testing. Gave the water crystal to the Tiki and out popped Omm. The pet hung with him for a bit, but eventually got squashed, even with me healing him. In the past, I was able to solo the minis without a problem, as the proc would go off for 10k pretty much every 2 seconds.  I would have to say there has definitely been a reduction in proc rate. Eh, it is what it is.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 89