Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:49:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Updates 04/28/14  (Read 39323 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:12:47 am »

Ultimate Weapon Changes Live with Reboot!

What does this mean for you?
  • UW HP has gone down substantially.
  • UW Damage is mostly unchanged.
  • UW Resists dropped to 33% of their original value.
  • Few other resist adjustments.
  • T7 NPCs saw 10% hp drop.
  • T8 NPCs saw 30% health drop and 50% damage drop.
  • T8 Bosses saw static (nearly 30%) health drop and 50% damage drop.

I will be working to get the bulk of the resists and casting NPCs pre-T7 in check today with more tiered resists and normalized casting classes. This will end up provided a more stable and less chaotic resist planning for you and your team.

Things to watch out for:
  • NPCs that are instantgibbing you or your team.
  • Mobs that have UNUSUALLY high damage.
  • Mobs that have unusually low damage (trivial).
  • Awkward mob health/regen combos in T7/T8.

-Hate
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:38:32 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 03:50:11 am »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *breath * nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Okay !  Shocked

Keeze
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:29:02 am »

Checking T8 ~

Mount cast (T8 mount) seems to be on perm interrupt mode.  Relogging did not fix.

Having random /stick issues where toons are getting Not in range spam.  I see some ooc chatter regarding it.  Perhaps someone else will have more detailed feedback on it.

Not sure if related but Bard spell Harmonious Comp III is getting full resists and causing aggro pulls off the tank during T8 boss fights (did not see this happen before patch).  Taking it off the rotation for now.  

Mob HP including bosses seems to be in a good place.  Back to where it was before the massive regen change.

Mob damage is perhaps in a good spot.  Running a UWIX UCv3 2.1 mil war and It feels like im taking a bit more damage than before the changes.  Which is fine certainly, however my guess is a new T8 group without UW (as in the intention) Might struggle.  Perhaps someone else closer to that mark could provide that needed feedback.

Overall tho, quite impressed with how close this is to the intended direction in a single patch.  Well Done.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:02:48 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 07:43:00 am »

The resist checks for NPC spells, were they reduced to accommodate the lowered resists from UW?  I am getting smacked like crazy(750,000 damage) now with NPC spells. Note: Went from 3800 resists down to 2598 And to give you an idea of my gear level on main tank: UCv3,SoA L,UW X, RoA 325, SoT X, aug slots on ALL visible/non-visibles are t7 HP augs/Leaf X's/Resist X's

One big improvement I have noticed is no agro rollover in t8 now!

Just took out Ikatiar the Venom, spell damage dropped main tank and offtank, finished mobs with remainder of the two groups.  Everything seems fine, other than not resisting anything.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:14:21 am by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 08:05:04 am »

Providing feedback on the above post ^  can say the tank is resisting all in T8 at 3000 resist.  Possibly indicating the new tank resist check is somewhere between 2500 and 3k.   Perhaps needing to be lowered?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:22:06 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:10:08 am »

Perhaps needing to be lowered?
why
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:26:42 am »

Why?  Why not?  

If the point of the changes is to make this zone accessible to a newly beaten T7 group without UW, we take away the 300 HR I have from that and whatever HR I gain from the UCv3 and said tank would be well into the Get F'd stage.  I'm still wearing almost full VII HR in every slot.  It's certainly doable by the new T7 group, but with how current T8 mob damage is, those slots are going to want to be Leaf Augs.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:29:27 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 08:27:20 am »

Was running T6 this morn for some UC2. T6 run time took about 15minutes longer than last night, casting mobs near Administor Charial(sp?) and the other guy hit pretty hard, pulling them in 1 shot=dead.
Other than that T6 pretty much feels unchanged.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 09:55:59 am »

the HR nerf to UW i can understand. nerfing resists across the board on every high end item is just unreasonable
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 09:57:10 am »

I'm wearing a full set of leafs and T7 hp augs, so only one slot open for resist aug but I have a resist X in each open slot, RoA 1k, SoA L, UW X, UCv3 and I went from 4700+ resists down to 3248.  I can resist the shit in T8, but I feel sorry for anyone who's just entering T8 from T7 gear.  I don't recall a discussion saying anything was getting nerfed resist wise aside from the UW, and I very well could have missed it, but why did all the other gears offering high resists get nerfed?

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 10:00:17 am »

Can the Google spreadsheet be updated with all the changes made to the various items to include Resists and High Point Regeneration?  This will help us appreciate the accumulative effect.

Thanks ..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:03:10 am by Camric » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 10:01:47 am »

Maybe I am mistaken....but getting hit with spells in lower zones than my max tier that I resisted before. Resists definitely across the board are down, but with all chars 1600+ in resists and getting hit with spells I previously resisted I can only surmise that the resist checks went up, not down T7 and earlier with last nights update.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 10:03:59 am »

Yeah, went from about 3300 resists to 2665 with a UW V. Not having trouble resisting anything in TOFS so /shrug. My pally with ~2000 resists is resisting everything as well. On the plus side, my damage output is slightly higher.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 10:32:08 am »

Providing feedback on the above post ^  can say the tank is resisting all in T8 at 3000 resist.  Possibly indicating the new tank resist check is somewhere between 2500 and 3k.   Perhaps needing to be lowered?

2665 here and getting pwned quite quickly in T8.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

Saturday in T7 1600+ allowed you to resist the nastiness. Today it seems as if its around 1800-1900 to resist.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 281
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)