Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:18:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Updates 04/28/14  (Read 39707 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:40 am »

Three characters, btw, who had 1600+ to 1800+ resists and no UW now have less than 1600.....in one case under 1500. So back to ToFS I go Cheesy

Hate, was your goal to make us eat more spells, and not resist everything? I can see your reasons why you'd want this, but if so maybe there's a way to partially resist some things, or to drop how nasty some of the AE are in some zones.....because with T7 gear and UC2 on DPS classes some of these AE mean a fairly quick death.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 10:55:17 am »

T7 geared warrior
- with UC2, UW1, ROA175, SOA XLV
- resist stones on 2 slots on all my armor pieces (total 264)

total resist is at 2413

Hope to be able to do T8 soon Tongue

--
Rotic
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 10:58:21 am »

The resist checks for NPC spells, were they reduced to accommodate the lowered resists from UW?  I am getting smacked like crazy(750,000 damage) now with NPC spells. Note: Went from 3800 resists down to 2598 And to give you an idea of my gear level on main tank: UCv3,SoA L,UW X, RoA 325, SoT X, aug slots on ALL visible/non-visibles are t7 HP augs/Leaf X's/Resist X's

Providing feedback on the above post ^  can say the tank is resisting all in T8 at 3000 resist.  Possibly indicating the new tank resist check is somewhere between 2500 and 3k.   Perhaps needing to be lowered?

Can the Google spreadsheet be updated with all the changes made to the various items to include Resists and High Point Regeneration?  This will help us appreciate the accumulative effect.

Thanks ..

the HR nerf to UW i can understand. nerfing resists across the board on every high end item is just unreasonable

Three characters, btw, who had 1600+ to 1800+ resists and no UW now have less than 1600.....in one case under 1500. So back to ToFS I go Cheesy

Hate, was your goal to make us eat more spells, and not resist everything? I can see your reasons why you'd want this, but if so maybe there's a way to partially resist some things, or to drop how nasty some of the AE are in some zones.....because with T7 gear and UC2 on DPS classes some of these AE mean a fairly quick death.

To answer you all in one fell swoop, I'm getting rid of a lot of stupid resist requirements and NPCs doing 295293562964368265682 damage or 0 damage based on resists today. I'm sorry that it didn't all make it in to one patch but I had a small fubar last night with some queries that I misplaced. Please bear with me and I can almost guarantee a better grinding experience with less bull@#%@ NPC casts. Some of the spammed AoE mana drains, AoE 100000000dmg rains, and other things are being re-written or removed.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 11:01:50 am »

I destroyed most of my T7 and T8 gears when I upgraded to T9, so my feedback is way more skewed than it would be if I was in T7 gear entering T8.  Be that as it may, my control subject warrior is in full T9 gear, resist X in one of each equipment slot, UCv3, RoA 1k, SoA L and no UW, banked for testing purposes.  Despite being in max gear, my resists run only 2926 and I can't resist the 750k DD.  Given that I still have 3.8mil HP, I can mitigate the DD well enough with a paladin and cleric in my group.  For the purposes of testing, I have access to Drake from my druid but have not been using it to offset the incoming melee damage because of the disparity in my HP as opposed to a T7 person just entering.  I have to keep pulls small, pulling 5 is about as dicey as I can get and even then I've died on the warrior a couple times from the 5 mobs chaining 750k dd's on me and not being able to outheal it with my 2 healer setup.  Even going mob to mob with a T7 setup is gonna be dicey but doable, it just seems to me that max geared people should be breezing a zone they are overgeared for.  Food for thought.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 11:03:14 am »

Oops, sorry was posting that when Hate was posting his...nothing to see here.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 11:10:12 am »

Thanks, Hate, nice speedy response=)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 11:14:15 am »

Wait....whut. You arent perfect, Hate??

And yes, thanks for the quick reply!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:23:05 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 11:26:41 am »

Absolutely flawless in the sack, though
 Roll Eyes
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 12:12:49 pm »

Hate, what was the purpose of nerfing the resists on items other than the UW? The SoTX went from 250 to 125.

I literally went from 3400 + change to 2300 Sad sad panda.

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »

Pretty sure we should all just calm down Shocked . Hate already gave a response saying resist updates aren't all in yet. As for how much resists you can get, I can easily see anyone being able to drop the 4k hp Augs for more resists once you start getting your leaf X's going, if needed in the future. I already threw 4 stones in my UW when I learned nothing else would fit them. Haven't been home yet today, but if dropping 20k hp for 250 more HR is needed, that's an easy change that wouldn't take more than a few hours to fix.

Also, I was taking a break whenever t9 was live, so I have no idea what augs may have popped up, but if the loping plains 4k augs are still the main thing in everyone's first slot, dropping them is fine with me if we need to break 3k HR. They are a drop in the bucket for EHP even after UW HP changes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:00:12 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 08:56:40 pm »

/wave

mages get that spell you know, and a pet  Grin

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 07:56:34 am »

At work. Any feedback on resist changes ?

Keeze
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 10:01:44 am »

Vhal sera is still DTing for 12 mil  and theres a mob hitting for 1.5 mill on 2nd floor
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 02:46:11 pm »

Can we get a roll back to Monday morning b4 the server went down. The you can iron out the issues?

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »

The NPC always casted that nuke (even before Hunter passed). Due to the old source, over resist diff = fully immune. That is no longer the case, so even well above the resist diff there is still a chance it will land.

I've removed it from the NPC's spellbook though as it's kind of cheap.

Below is a mockup of what I'm looking at and aiming for (somewhat). Zone and Level are self-explanatory. The required field is what I'm looking at for a tank to have to mitigate/resist most of casted death barrage from NPCs ("feeling" safe, not actually "hit it or die"). The recommended field is when you have the zone by the balls (figuratively speaking).

-Hate
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:56:24 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058