Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:21:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Updates 04/28/14  (Read 39609 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 04:37:19 pm »

We'll see how it all shakes out. Right now I have at most 2 slots per armor piece for resist stones, since leaf augs are a must. I only have 2 slots if I forgo the T7 slot hp augs (4K to 6K augs). So thats 32 aug slots for stones, if all are 10's thats 1600 from all 32 aug slots. If you have a ranged with 2 slots, thats 1700. 200 if you have UC2. 325 RoA is 225. Thats a total of 2125 IF you run every slot with resist 10s except leaf slot.

Didnt include UW or SoA as typically most boxes dont have those items.

This puts us back to almost requiring UW for a tank to have the resists, and having most boxes short of what they need. Or...spend a ton of time in ToFS getting all characters resist XIII+, or getting ROA considerably higher, or whatever, in order to move from T7 to T8. Again, not impossible, but just trying to discover where you're headed with this.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

Oh, and on a bright note....thanks for making it easier to get higher rank heroic resist augs!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
multilateral
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »

I am personally not as upbeat.  Items shouldn't be nerfed without explanation, particularly the SoT.  I am probably one of the few that actually paid for one, and I could deal with a nerf if Keeze's question had now not been avoided twice.  I see far too many changes, too quickly... and in production without real testing.  Levels of mobs were changed in ToFS, "shadows" now hit uncharacteristically hard, and for what reason?  There is this facade of transparency, but the real list of changes is much longer.  Guess I'm done for a while.  I keep quiet most of the time and just roll with the punches, but the developing trend has gotten to me, especially with the amount of money I had donated... of which I now question how much actually went to Hunter's family.

TL;DR:  Later.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 07:46:38 pm »

^^

I'm tired of this $$ Crying BULLSHIT

IT'S CALLED A DONATION!

SHIT HAPPENS.. YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A FUCKING THING.. YOU ARE GIVING (DONATION) MONEY AWAY WITHOUT A PROMISE OF ANYTHING IN RETURN.. IF YOU ARE UPSET CAUSE YOU GAVE AWAY TONS OF RL $$ THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM NOT THE SERVERS!

GET OVER IT. SHIT HAPPENS AND SHIT CHANGES!
SHIT EVEN GETS BETTER ( THE CURRENT DIRECTION IS GOING TO BE GREAT)!
RIDE THE WAVES OR GO TO THE BEACH WITH THE KIDS.

and just to let you know, I have gave free money away to the server away many many times.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:06:53 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 07:55:36 pm »

It's not really a donation as you are making the payment expecting something in return. Never did understand why they call them donations in the virtual world. Besides that I agree with Fuglitive. When things change on this server there is always the adjustment period which has, for the most part, gets fine tuned to make everything the way it should be. If things are too dicked up to play then people won't play. The gods know this and will fix it as they always do. Just make sure they are aware w/o being a PitA about it otherwise just STFU and let it get worked out.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »

Thanks for the updates. Yeah we will find weird bugs and weird resists changes.. just report them here and detail them so they can get fix or described working as intended..

The future of EZ is in good shape, have faith the puzzle will start to look like a picture soon!

Thanks guys!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 07:59:18 pm »

I am personally not as upbeat.  Items shouldn't be nerfed without explanation, particularly the SoT.  I am probably one of the few that actually paid for one, and I could deal with a nerf if Keeze's question had now not been avoided twice.  I see far too many changes, too quickly... and in production without real testing.  Levels of mobs were changed in ToFS, "shadows" now hit uncharacteristically hard, and for what reason?  There is this facade of transparency, but the real list of changes is much longer.  Guess I'm done for a while.  I keep quiet most of the time and just roll with the punches, but the developing trend has gotten to me, especially with the amount of money I had donated... of which I now question how much actually went to Hunter's family.

TL;DR:  Later.

Well, Hunter's wife can see and read these forums (and occasionally does). If you have any doubt, ask Akkadius. You should also ask him about how much I've asked for or how much I've needed. You'll find that it's not a bloody penny. I made small adjustments to HIGH resist items as a whole to bring down this ungodly inflated system.

First, the "in production without real testing" comment. You've obviously not played long enough in the higher tiers on EZ when Hunter was developing changing things. The entire server was "in testing". I also hate to be the one to break it to you, but I don't have unlimited time/energy/patience to devote to this. I devote 20-30h a week (sometimes 40) to this server to correcting, adding, and making the server more enjoyable.  If you fully expect myself and Akkadius to spend days/hours/weeks testing the smallest of implementations, you have HILARIOUSLY unrealistic expectations.

Second, I missed his question. The NPC resist levels are coming down drastically. I'm not sure what else there is to say?

Third, the "facade of transparency" comment. I don't ninja nerf. I apologize for not listing every change I made for brevity and will try to be more detailed in all posts. The Sceptre of Time lost 125 HR. Are you SERIOUSLY that upset over 125 HR? If that's the case, I'll summon 3 max rank HR stones and be done with it!

Fourth, I've been saying it all day that last night was a @#%@^ up and I'm sorry. I cannot apologize anymore or work any faster.

Lastly, same with Maslow...just because you donate, you are not treated like royalty. Akkadius and I slave for nothing. How many hours do you spend a week for the benefit of others with ZERO return on investment (or no wedding ring)? Any donations are kept essentially in escrow until server finances need to be met or we get enough for another batch to Hunter's wife. I really don't see or understand where you believe that because you are unhappy with the changes that we're money grubbing pricks out to bleed you dry.

You seem to be ragequitting, grasping for straws, and you never voiced your concerns. Now that you are leaving, you feel it ok to shout as you walk out the door. If you had presented a logical argument or voice of concern before shouting as you leave the house, it might have gone over SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »

Yer doin fine, Hate....just giving feedback. Hope it wasnt taken any other way than that: feedback.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 08:10:54 pm »

Yer doin fine, Hate....just giving feedback. Hope it wasnt taken any other way than that: feedback.

heh not you Chunka, you're fine. I don't appreciate insinuations though.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 08:14:06 pm »

And sorry, Multi, but I cant let that slide. Just making that donation accusation because you dislike the direction the server is taking is....well, lets see if I can clean this up some: fucking stupid. Childish. At the very least irresponsible, at the most the tantrum of a pathetic, clueless child.

Yeah, thats better. Much nicer than what I wanted to say.

Look, if you had anything to support that accusation I might have let it slide, but you dont. IMO I am glad you're leaving, and I for one hope to never see your sorry ass on EZ again.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 09:13:12 pm »

Oh, and on a bright note....thanks for making it easier to get higher rank heroic resist augs!

this x1,000.

Ty for meeting us halfway! Getting rank IV stones on tofs 4 is just... i wept a little for joy when i clicked on the first corpse last night. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 09:29:42 pm »

this x1,000.

Ty for meeting us halfway! Getting rank IV stones on tofs 4 is just... i wept a little for joy when i clicked on the first corpse last night. Smiley

Actually, with reboot or new instances, each raid tier drops matching level resist augs on an uncommon basis. Tier 5 drops level 5, tier 6 drops level 6, etc etc.

-Hate

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 10:19:36 pm »

Raging is not going to get you anywhere.

This update has been planned carefully and has had plenty of time to take in player input and share ideas and considerations. With that being said that makes updates go 'smoother'.

Folks need to give Hate some credit because he has been spending some grueling time prepping the update and has been getting little to no sleep after he just got through some crippling food poisoning.

Regardless, it needs to be known that this is being worked through and won't clear up in one fell swoop. Players also need to be catching other players in /ooc in rage that efforts are being made to compensate for the changes made to UW. It shouldn't be a mystery that we're going to make things right, we don't invest time in this server to see everyone get pissed off. That is why this was discussed for weeks before it was executed.

It is necessary to make our way through these changes because it hinders the server as a whole, something needed to be done to move forward.

For those concerned about donation money. You donate to support the server. You are given the gift of having credits for supporting the server to use towards things that benefit you in game. This does not entitle you to special treatment and clearance to be an asshole. It will not be tolerated.

For those who are really curious about where the money is going, you can get with me if you really seriously are worried. I'm at the point of just shutting off donations for a while completely especially with that attitude. We have what we need and there's enough bullshit I have to take care of on my end to make sure that we're in the clear to keep this place going.

If you have an issue, offer a suggestion because I know Hate is all open to hear it and work with it.

So I ask you kindly to think before you post, if you're worked up emotionally then you need to give it a rest and gather your thoughts before you post something that doesn't help anyone.

-Akka
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:21:26 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 11:41:03 pm »

This is a growing server. Things will change. Hate and Akka will make some mistakes. BUT they will make way more improvements. They are human and this is not their job.
Its been stated many times that certain things were way to inflated, HP's and Resists. Hate is working these out for the end goal, TO KEEP THE SERVER GROWING. If you don't like it I suggest you look to Hateborne's guild name for guidance.
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »

-Hate

I am excited with this propose change, because I can then play in T8. Tongue

T7 geared warrior
- with UC2, UW1, ROA175, SOA XLV
- resist stones on 2 slots on all my armor pieces (total 264)

total resist is at 2413

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:01:10 am by Rotic » Logged

--
Rotic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023