Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:56:00 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Bot Farmer Accounts Suspended  (Read 29281 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 12:27:51 pm »

Put SLS's on the vender in the crafter's guild and end all the madness

argument:
3. it would really only hinder the new player, but they would still be able to sell essences on the open market for plat to buy their crafter items for augs

I feel this is a fallacy held by a lot of people and would like to address why.  Being able to sell SLS for profit or even having a market for them to sell to is irrelevant since it is in no way required for you to be able to progress.  If you started a group of characters from scratch and worked your way up without selling a single SLS, essence, charm upgrade or w/e...you'll still be accumulating cash as you go and likely be far better off doing so.  Everything you'd be selling to people are things you'd be needing to go back and farm later anyhow.

The only exception I can think of offhand is that you'll likely want to bank your first million plat for the waypoint summoner since it's no longer free.  If anyone is sincerely concerned about making it easier for new people to the server to progress, maybe suggest making the waypoint and banker summon stones free again.  Regardless though, since this server is so top-heavy, most of the entry zones are devoid of anyone in public zones anyhow so this likely wouldn't be a real deterrent for a progressing group.

I 100% agree that the SLS requirement needs to be addressed.  I have no issue with them being required for crafting, but I take exception to the retarded timesink they are since they are farmable in a total of 2 zones.  We aren't talking about tiered essences here, where you have to farm CT to make a strike 2 aug, farm T1 to make a strike 3 aug, etc.  When you farm your essences, you farm them for the tier that you need them and move on.  You NEVER move on from the SLS requirement and you never get a change of scenery to reduce the tedium of farming them.  You do NOT get experience farming them, you do NOT get armor drops farming them, you do NOT get appreciable platinum farming them, you do NOT get essences farming them, and you do NOT get experience farming them. (listed twice for emphasis)

Crafting strike augs is necessary to your being able to advance on this server.  You simply won't have the dps to clear the zones you need to clear without them, you won't have the dps to kill the mobs you need to kill without them, and you will toil away in futility trying to do so without them.  And that's just strike augs, SLS are also required for other crafted items so the need for them is even greater.  I'd challenge anyone to come up with a legitimate argument as to why the current system of attaining SLS is anything but retarded, but my guess is they'd probably resort to conceding the point or rolling a hoarde of bots to make the argument for them because doing it yourself is piss poor return on time invested.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:31:31 pm by Dimur » Logged
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 12:46:02 pm »

+5 for Dimur's post! Totally agree!

Mix
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 03:57:10 pm »

++++++ Dim

Keeze
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »

I think hateborne had a great idea in T5 recently, a lotto mob.....maybe do this in each zone past t5 as well and let the mob drop 1 SLS and 1 EBD...make the mob twice as difficult as the regular trash in the zone....make it a challenge.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »

That won't eliminate the time invested issue here. That only gives a reward per zone. Have to look at the GRAND picture.

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

There is merit in having a rare boss spawn that could drop SLS and requiring basically a zone clear to make it pop.  At least you'd be making a bit of headway while doing relevant content.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »

that would be rough in TOV lol, all those mobs that you skip over.....

but, back to the issue at hand, SLS's and the nightmare they create.

nah, I'm gonna stick to my guns and continue to support the crafter's guild vender route.

idk

Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:36 pm »

If you get rid of SLS so people won't bot farm they'll just find something else to bot farm. You're always going to have these assholes, the best thing that you can do is punish them in some way or another. Yeah I hate farming SLS more than anyone but you either do it or you farm plat and pay someone else to do it. I hate farming essences for strike augs but I'll either do it b/c I have to or I'll farm plat or something else to give to someone who will. Getting rid of them is only curing the problem at attention and not a solution to everything caused by bot farming. I was initially for the idea of putting them on the crafter merchant but I also like having the ability to trade something besides plat to get them.

*I don't think a short term suspension is too light of a punishment for first offense but I would like to see the offenders named just so when we see them later that we will know them as a cheating douchebag.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »

Not giving us the names also is allowing for us to continue to support their habit when they are back if they decide to go for round two. I still think they should be farmable, but allowing them to be vendor purchased crushes the market for them therefore causing them to be undesirable to bot if the return isn't as great as it is currently.

Also though, I think it does mostly eliminate the problem, it's a low level farm - I.E it's incredibly easy to bot, outside of that, botting other content for say essences isn't as easy as having a low level toon or even your high level toon farming multiple instances of Jagged or the other zones that allow you to bot farm. Even if you COULD bot farm essences, it'd require your whole team to be botting, not multiple toons in multiple instances. Being vendor abled in Crafters would nearly crush the botting issue I believe.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 09:20:49 pm »

It will not crush the market period, it will just regulate it
(SLS is retarded overpriced anyway) ... players can still sell lower then the vendor and make more then enough cash to "start" the game.

300k on vendor...(in crafters guild (as a no drop/trade))
player can still sell up to 300k and make enough $ period

other then that

+999 Dimur (nailed it)

on side note, Hate did make a bump to GLS droprate and SLS % to drop from wisp in JP/NK and added GLS and SLS loots on the wisp boss in Airplane lastnight.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:27:09 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 10:09:04 pm »

on side note, Hate did make a bump to GLS droprate and SLS % to drop from wisp in JP/NK and added GLS and SLS loots on the wisp boss in Airplane lastnight.

Well that's interesting.  Would also make it easyer to bot, but I am in favor of the 1 week ban with post of names, followed by total ban on second offence.  If names are listed and there was some strange explanation for the action (ie they were not botting but the activity sure looked like it somehow) let them pleed there case.  If they are just massing them for sale then plp will know who they might avoid buying from etc.

Having a vendor sell em for 500k is about the same as you can get them every day in the bazar anyways... Just saying.
undeadanger

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 08:30:35 am »

I agree with making the names of the bot farmers names known ,
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:19 am »

It was keeze !!!! 

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2014, 12:54:46 pm »

I agree!  Have SLS for sale at the vendor for 300k (or 500k or whatever) and that will mean it won't be worth it to be tempted to bot farm.  N00bs could still farm and sell for 200k so it wouldn't destroy the source of income for them.

Where does the plat come from I wonder?

1. it would end botting, there would just be no more need or desire for people to bot toons because there would be no open market for them

2. you need plat to buy, you have to farm for plat (ie T6) so you would still have to farm for the items you want.

3. it would really only hinder the new player, but they would still be able to sell essences on the open market for plat to buy their crafter items for augs

Botters move to plat. New players get wrecked as they cannot get essences/SLS without plat, which returns to botters farm plat.

I 100% agree that the SLS requirement needs to be addressed.  I have no issue with them being required for crafting, but I take exception to the retarded timesink they are since they are farmable in a total of 2 zones.  We aren't talking about tiered essences here, where you have to farm CT to make a strike 2 aug, farm T1 to make a strike 3 aug, etc.  When you farm your essences, you farm them for the tier that you need them and move on.  You NEVER move on from the SLS requirement and you never get a change of scenery to reduce the tedium of farming them.  You do NOT get experience farming them, you do NOT get armor drops farming them, you do NOT get appreciable platinum farming them, you do NOT get essences farming them, and you do NOT get experience farming them. (listed twice for emphasis)

And it is slowly being addressed. As Fugitive posted below, I've added a small chance for an SLS to drop from any wisp in the game. I've added a HIGH chance for GLS (1:2 or 1:3) and slightly higher (than the rest of the wisps) SLS drop chance to the Lightbringer in t3. I've also removed the ancient willowisp and placed him in T9 exclusively. His loot tables have been adjusted to be more of a "holy @%@! he spawned!" type of spawn. As you've stated, it's a top heavy experience and this will give the upper end a lottery spawn that can start to slowly start to saturate the upper end with SLS.

If you get rid of SLS so people won't bot farm they'll just find something else to bot farm. You're always going to have these assholes, the best thing that you can do is punish them in some way or another. Yeah I hate farming SLS more than anyone but you either do it or you farm plat and pay someone else to do it. I hate farming essences for strike augs but I'll either do it b/c I have to or I'll farm plat or something else to give to someone who will. Getting rid of them is only curing the problem at attention and not a solution to everything caused by bot farming. I was initially for the idea of putting them on the crafter merchant but I also like having the ability to trade something besides plat to get them.

*I don't think a short term suspension is too light of a punishment for first offense but I would like to see the offenders named just so when we see them later that we will know them as a cheating douchebag.

Claytin nailed it hard. These dicks will always exist, but their current focus is an ever shifting blur.

Not giving us the names also is allowing for us to continue to support their habit when they are back if they decide to go for round two. I still think they should be farmable, but allowing them to be vendor purchased crushes the market for them therefore causing them to be undesirable to bot if the return isn't as great as it is currently.

Also though, I think it does mostly eliminate the problem, it's a low level farm - I.E it's incredibly easy to bot, outside of that, botting other content for say essences isn't as easy as having a low level toon or even your high level toon farming multiple instances of Jagged or the other zones that allow you to bot farm. Even if you COULD bot farm essences, it'd require your whole team to be botting, not multiple toons in multiple instances. Being vendor abled in Crafters would nearly crush the botting issue I believe.

Quaglin,

The method that I used to suspend them is about 90-95% accurate. I'm very confident in the data available and decisions made. I also want to give them a chance to actually reform instead of being branded forever. If I banhammer them, then it's the dog and pony show you all want.

Added a purchasable option only removes the botting for SLS. Many of the high level players with RoA over 600 have been botting heavily in Anguish. I've just not had time to babysit (or rewrite the bot detection script to be efficient). Once I do, I'm going to be stripping bot farmed AAXP by the thousands (and reverting people's RoA/Earring when I catch them). The botting situation is not just SLS, it's everywhere.

Hopefully this helps clear some things up.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

Not putting sls on a vendor because noobs won't be able to sell them makes no sense...noobs don't really sell them and they shouldn't be forced to sell something they need to farm for themselves
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)